Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    It's been tough on the Goat too. Not as bad as I might have thought though. I'm not extremely dissapointed yet.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    way to early to tell. Ive been playing with this thing all day long of course its gonna look bad now. We'll see when I get back to the daily grind.
    I was surprised at how fast it went down. From 100 percent i spent a few hours reading precentral forums, texting, and made 1 15 minute phone call, all while streaming Pandora..... no wifi, no bluetooth. EVDO. I hit ten percent after about 3 hours
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Not too good. Playing a little with it for the past 5 hrs after a full charge down to 40 percent
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If you --

Have WiFi on
    GPS enabled
    Location set to ON (instead of ASK)
    *or*
    Are synching email every 10 minutes or whatever it is .. (which if you've added an email account and not messed with the settings) ..

Then you are going to EAT your battery for lunch.

This is no different that the 700p 750p Centro with Intellisync set to auto-connect to the network (and leaving it connected all day).

Even if you're not calling .. it's "calling" whenever it hits the data network. Which is every time your phone "synchs" your email..
    I charged mine to 100% on my touchstone as soon as I got home. I've downloaded and installed the update, tried out most of the apps, made a few phone calls (one 30 minute call) with bluetooth off but I've been on wifi at home and I'm just now at 45%. This is WAY better battery life than my Instinct. That's the only phone I can compare it to though and keep in mind I've been on wifi all day too.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Oh yeah,

All of this I just mentioned .. is in the Help section on your Pre..
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I have charged mine once and been using it heavily and its lasted 5 hrs so far. So I'm actually pretty impressed.
    Left for work with a full charge around 2:15 pm, turned Wifi off when I got to work. Didn't really get to use it at all while I was at work. It is now 10 pm and I've sent 10 texts, read about 15 emails and made one 18 min phone call since 2 pm and I'm down to 31%. With my iPhone under about the same usage at work I would have at least half of the battery meter full still. We will see how it really stands up when I'm not at work though since I don't get to use my phone much there.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Luckily, palm can continue to optimize the system and increase battery life with furthur updates.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    I was surprised at how fast it went down. From 100 percent i spent a few hours reading precentral forums, texting, and made 1 15 minute phone call, all while streaming Pandora..... no wifi, no bluetooth. EVDO. I hit ten percent after about 3 hours
    Sounds pretty excellent. Pandora is a CPU/Power hog! Plus you were on the EVDO (read Cellular) network, READING FORUMS (i.e. browser) ..

So, on a phone that boasts 5 hours of TALK time, you got three hours of forums (browsing) and Pandora over the Cell network?

Excellent!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I charged up my phone to 100% then talked on it for about 45-55 minutes using, blue tooth, speak phone, normal. Installed all the apps, added gmail, removed, other email accounts, exchanged, check mail, emailed, watch a few clips on sprint tv, text, chatted, wifi, pandora, sync... the whole gamut and then let it sit at 12%... a little over 4 hours has went by now and it's at it's now at 8% (about 40 minutes ago from 12%)... I came from the Sprint Mogul ... and battery is pretty on par with any other phones I've used. I would say depending on usage, it will last from 2 to 5 hours before needing a charge. It's typical battery life for these type of phones.

Ax

Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Sounds pretty excellent. Pandora is a CPU/Power hog! Plus you were on the EVDO (read Cellular) network, READING FORUMS (i.e. browser) ..

So, on a phone that boasts 5 hours of TALK time, you got three hours of forums (browsing) and Pandora over the Cell network?

Excellent!
    I wish the email app had settings for peak/offpeak like WinMob; I don't need work email push on weekends (would also be nice to have email colored in the "all" view, like the calendar app)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    All I have to say is that I hope the extended battery is not too far behind and I hope it fits with the normal battery door.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Make sure you dim your screen as much as you can stand, I put mine on the lowest setting, and it's still bright enough gor me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post

Excellent!
    Im glad your glass is half full.... mine is half empty
    I dont know I have both the iPhone 3G in my hands and the Palm Pre and I do very similar things

1. browse web
    2. messaging
    3. email

I have them set up basically the same and the PRE seems to be eating up battery like 2X as fast.

The only notable difference seems to be that the signal strength on the Pre seems ERRATIC fro no bars to 3 to 1 to 0 to 3

the ATT while NOT BETTER signal, has like 1 steady bar which means it may not be scanning as much?

I wish there was a way to disable the wireless internet 3G like you can on iPhone since I am on WIFI anyway.

anyone know if thats possible? probably not yet
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    damn, i think i might not trade this in cause of the dead pixel or i might keep this battery.

fully charged at noon, started using at 5pm with one hour call on bluetooth. Sent about 50 txt and about 10 pic mails, played about 10 minutes of pandora and checked scores on ESPN. I have wifi and bluetooth off, only had it on when i was on the call. Right now i'm sitting at 65%
    My battery is absolutely horrible! i left the house with a 90 percent charge. hour later, 47 percent, all i did was go on a few sites. its actually making my storm look better in atleast one way.
    I switched from the iPhone 3G that I was getting 7 hours of actual usage (browsing/calling/texting all over 3G) until I got the 20% batery left popup. My Pre has needed two charges already today, and I only bought it at 1 PM.

I think I made a bad choice.

Why don't they an estimate of battery life under the Pre's specifications online? Are they that embarased by it?
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast