Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Pulled off the charger at 8:30am.. and it's 4pm and i'm about 10%

3 phone calls, total talk time of 35 minutes.
    Streamed pandora for 5 min
    played a video for about 2 min.
    played 1 youtube video for 3 min
    checked email throughout the day. I have exchange pushing email, about 60 incoming so far today.
    I uninstalled Tweed and did a reboot. I have a sneaking suspicion that was draining my battery... I used the app 3 times this morning.

My wife's phone which has no apps other than accuweather installed seems to last the day...
    So I'm wondering if Tweed drains the battery even after it's closed. I noticed if I swipe it closed, it still will send me an update if i'm mentioned in a twitter post.

Does that mean it's still pinging even if closed? how does one really close an app? do all the apps that require background data such as gps location etc stay open in the background even after the swipe?

I uninstalled Tweed to see if that helps..
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    Here is my experience today:

7:10 a.m. disconnected with full charge, 4:45 p.m. down to 48%

Wifi and Bluetooth off.
    GPS set to Ask
    One Exchange account for Email, Calendar, Contact, etc. set to "As items arrive"
    Screen Brightness and timeout set to default.
    Consistent EvDO connection.
    Signal strength fluctuates in my office from 2-5 bars (seems to bounce around alot).

Three short calls
    Six SMS with one of them being a picture.
    36 Emails Received (only responded on Desktop)
    Read two PDF attachments to emails
    Tried out Shortcovers and read a few pages of "Crime and Punishment"
    Read some news on Google News' mobile site and in the New York Times App
    Checked Accuweather (we really need a weather app without ads)
    Read a few posts in the mobile version of PreCentral
    Updated some contacts just to make sure Exchange was working correctly.
    Tried the SpeedBrain App - just one game.
    Showed the phone to two people who just move stuff around on the screen a little bit.

Seems consistent with my Centro.
    My wife's Pre use today was very similar to this. She left home at 7:15 and it is now 7pm. Her battery is at 71%. She made about 5 calls today for only about 20 minutes. I am very pleased
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreakpre View Post
    So I'm wondering if Tweed drains the battery even after it's closed. I noticed if I swipe it closed, it still will send me an update if i'm mentioned in a twitter post.

Does that mean it's still pinging even if closed? how does one really close an app? do all the apps that require background data such as gps location etc stay open in the background even after the swipe?

I uninstalled Tweed to see if that helps..
    I run Tweed and have no battery issues. I just got through the day from 10AM to 7:30PM with moderate to excessive use and was at about 9% left. It does still have a background process but by default it only polls Twitter every 15 mins, you can change that in the settings. Not all apps stay open, for example I think you can use Spaz instead of Tweed for Twitter. It doesn't automatically poll the server.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just called the store and they will give me a couple of batteries for free, however none are in stock. Gave me a car charger because of the issue. Thanks Sprint!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerpack View Post
    My wife's Pre use today was very similar to this. She left home at 7:15 and it is now 7pm. Her battery is at 71%. She made about 5 calls today for only about 20 minutes. I am very pleased
    Data uses significantly more power than voice calls. If your wife only used her pre for phone calls, then its no surprise the battery is still at 71%. Once you start using the browser and checking emails and other stuff that uses data, battery drain should be higher.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I was able to use my 700p for 2 days without having to recharge it. This one draines fast. However I found with

GPS - Prompt to use
    Wifi - Off when not in use
    Bluetooth - Off

The battery drains slower however the reviews said it had a great battery life. This is anything but great!

The battery life is my number one pet peeve on this phone. If I felt like sitting around charging all day I would just use my PC.
    In one month you know seido will have 1350 batteries that will fit without a new back door. At least they did for the G1, and that will help dramatically.

I get about a day with a good amount of use. Not bad, about the same as the G1 and Iphone 3G when I had those.

I keep GPS off when not using it, auto location services on, Geotag on.
    I keep Bluetooth off, and wifi off.
    Screen set to minimum brightness.

I use SMS a crap load, but do not use AIM right now. Seems many people using AIM even after the update are having horrible battery life. So I'm waiting it out.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Update on my usage

It's 8:15pm and here's what I have done since 5:30pm and 42%:

Made three calls totaling 35 minutes
    Browsed for 20 minutes
    Send / received 25 texts

Battery is now at 10%. Not bad.
    In a new update they should supply a option suc as "power saving" that auto sets thebest power saving settings for you.
  11. D R
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Pandora, Fandango, etc - if apps are not running, then they are not using any battery power. So uninstalling them will only cause you not to use them, but does not effect the battery life.
    Agreed, there's no reason they should be running when there are no cards and the phone is in sleep. However, I have no other explanation.

My phone was HOT when in idle/sleep, with no cards. I uninstall some apps and the phone instantly behaves - no more insane heat, and no more serious power drain when not in use.

After running it like a normal phone for about 5 hours this morning, no heat issues emerge and the phone is at 60% - which I think is acceptable.

At 1pm I reinstall some of the apps and the phone becomes a heat pack again, while draining the battery about 25% in half an hour of non-use (except to occasionally turn on the screen and check the battery level). Everything is fine again when I put it on airplane mode, and I head out for finals.

When I get back home, I take it off airplane mode and the phone instantly heats back up.

The airplane mode fix indicates the phone is either trying to locate a signal or get a GPS fix on its location. The fact that it was fine when I took off certain apps indicates to me that one may be trying to access location services 24/7.

At this point, I'm uninstalling the apps one at a time to see if one of the apps is the culprit. After that, Hotmail's going down, but as I said the phone was running just fine w/ Hotmail running earlier today.
    Just went to Seidio's site, and they got a innocell 1350 battery out for the Palm Pre already. Anyone thinking about getting one? I've seen mixed things about Seido's 1350 sized batteries in the past. I wanted one for my G1, but it seemed most people thought the results were less than hoped for.

Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery

This Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery provides more capacity in the same size package. It is a great replacement with more power than the original.

- 1350mAh - More capacity than the original battery for longer standby and talk time
    - Fits in existing space so no replacement door is needed
    I'd also assume that the increase in the extended battery wouldn't make a difference as far as working with the touch stone is concerned?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D R View Post
    Agreed, there's no reason they should be running when there are no cards and the phone is in sleep. However, I have no other explanation.

My phone was HOT when in idle/sleep, with no cards. I uninstall some apps and the phone instantly behaves - no more insane heat, and no more serious power drain when not in use.

After running it like a normal phone for about 5 hours this morning, no heat issues emerge and the phone is at 60% - which I think is acceptable.

At 1pm I reinstall some of the apps and the phone becomes a heat pack again, while draining the battery about 25% in half an hour of non-use (except to occasionally turn on the screen and check the battery level). Everything is fine again when I put it on airplane mode, and I head out for finals.

When I get back home, I take it off airplane mode and the phone instantly heats back up.

The airplane mode fix indicates the phone is either trying to locate a signal or get a GPS fix on its location. The fact that it was fine when I took off certain apps indicates to me that one may be trying to access location services 24/7.

At this point, I'm uninstalling the apps one at a time to see if one of the apps is the culprit. After that, Hotmail's going down, but as I said the phone was running just fine w/ Hotmail running earlier today.
    let us know what we find out...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I run Tweed and have no battery issues. I just got through the day from 10AM to 7:30PM with moderate to excessive use and was at about 9% left. It does still have a background process but by default it only polls Twitter every 15 mins, you can change that in the settings. Not all apps stay open, for example I think you can use Spaz instead of Tweed for Twitter. It doesn't automatically poll the server.
    Spaz by default will refresh every 15 minutes. You can adjust this or turn it off in the Preferences, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
    Just went to Seidio's site, and they got a innocell 1350 battery out for the Palm Pre already. Anyone thinking about getting one? I've seen mixed things about Seido's 1350 sized batteries in the past. I wanted one for my G1, but it seemed most people thought the results were less than hoped for.

I'll definitely buy this battery.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post

I'm really dumb when it comes to understanding how battery's work. What number indicates the life of the battery? How much longer should this one work? I'm all about buying it, I just want to know what I'm paying for or what to look for from other places.
    ^mAh is the measure of battery capacity, in this case it's 1350 mAh for the extended. I believe I've read the pre factory battery is 1100 mAh, but I could be mistaken.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Took it off the touchstone with 100% at 10:30am.
    Went to work.
    Made some texts throughout the day.
    I think I noticed standby drains about 1% each hour.
    Then after about 20 texts takes off 1%.
    Browse the web for a few minutes drained 1%.

At around 4:30pm it is at about 85%.
    Went to the App Store, downloaded the new Apps and played with it.
    5:00pm it is at 65%.
    8pm at 50% after making phone calls and texts.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Charging without touchstone at 8pm with 50%.
    Now off the charger at 8:30pm with 80%.
    Used 5% to post this.