Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superpokey View Post
    Been experiencing same battery issues as everybody else. Fully charge the phone, little use and 5 hours later have 5% batt left.....Then, I decided to delete Pandora app and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!! battery lasted all day.. Anyone else care to comment , or try this and then comment. Maybe Pandora app is killing our batteries
    Hey, if that works for you...but this doesn't match haydur's result in the least. Heck, he streamed Pandora live for 1.5 hours, and it still took the full day for his battery to get down to 43%.
    also.. the lithium ion battery needs to be cycled a few times before it gets its full potential..
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    I have just about every app there is.. i didnt get the classic.. and stuff.. but here is a list of my apps..

accuweather
    pandora
    ap mobile
    craigslist
    sudoku
    sporting news baseball
    fandango
    flixster

OK, maybe not all of the apps.. but thats a good list..

I took my phone off of my touchstone at 11:00 this morning central time.. with a full 100% charge..

Currently, my phone says 4:09 battery: 58%

lot of texting, surfing, nothing majorly different than normal.. i dont have blue tooth on, and dont have on wi-fi. no need for them right now.. i do have wi-fi at home..

This also includes the download of the new OS, and install, along with downloading the newer apps.

i have not made any phone calls, and also.. i have my screen set to be on, and turn off after 3 minutes.. which is maximum amount of time before it goes black..
    Just a note.. few text messages, emails, and downloaded the brain teaser app, and tried it out..

when i posted this last quote.. almost 30 mins ago.. battery: 55%. thats down from 58%, only 3% in the last 30 mins..
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I geuss I'll add my used to the list.

9:00am fully charged.
    Streamed Pandora on my way to work, 10 minute drive.
    5-10 Text Messages
    Checked email
    Loaded a webpage
    Co-worker came in and showed of the phone using email, text, web, google maps, fandango with video trailer, camera
    Showed another co-worker all the same stuff.
    Checked email
    Checked a few websites
    currently 5:31pm and I'm at 67%

My email sync is every hour, no wifi running, no bluetooth running, used location based apps in my demos of the Pre, but as far as I know they seem to shut off when the program closes.

Four solid bars of Sprint EVDO.

I serioulsy have no battery complaints. I did notice that bettery strength seemed better after a full overnight charge.
    im not sayin its great.. but my instinct was the same way. texting, surfing, email, stuff like that.. and i would need to put in my spare battery when i got home for the day.. This battery seems to be bout the same..
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    I geuss I'll add my used to the list.

9:00am fully charged.
    Streamed Pandora on my way to work, 10 minute drive.
    5-10 Text Messages
    Checked email
    Loaded a webpage
    Co-worker came in and showed of the phone using email, text, web, google maps, fandango with video trailer, camera
    Showed another co-worker all the same stuff.
    Checked email
    Checked a few websites
    currently 5:31pm and I'm at 67%

My email sync is every hour, no wifi running, no bluetooth running, used location based apps in my demos of the Pre, but as far as I know they seem to shut off when the program closes.

Four solid bars of Sprint EVDO.

I serioulsy have no battery complaints. I did notice that bettery strength seemed better after a full overnight charge.

forgot, i did show the phone off all day as well.. the vid a couple times.. and showed the clarity of the pictures to people as well.. also deleted some pics that came from my instinct when they transfered all my contacts and stuff when i got the phone saturday..

However, i would like to note.. the first day i had the phone.. it was a dog on the battery.. went dead quick, and all that.. and did heat up when i had it in my car charger, with navigation running.. that was the first day. then sunday.. i used it for the same thing.. noticed a change in temp, and runtime..

Today, no temp issues, and i been posting my runtime and battery percentages..
    Yeah, very jealous of you guys with great batteries. Maybe a call to palm could get me a replacement battery without having to deal with a return of the phone?

Although mine is nowhere near as bad as some people's, it's also nowhere near as good as some of the recent posts in this thread.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Listen ppl, the battery is going to take a few days (and charge cycles) to get to its prime condition.

If it doesn't, then you need to reduce your usage, or buy a spare. This thing is a processing beast, it's a 600+ MHz computer that's running on a match box size battery... give it a break.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    if you're just leaving your phone in idle with nothing running, why does it matter if you have auto locate, use gps, and background data collection enabled?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    if you're just leaving your phone in idle with nothing running, why does it matter if you have auto locate, use gps, and background data collection enabled?
    Exactly, even if Apps need location and you have them installed, as long as you don't have them running with an open card, they shouldn't be pulling down anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Listen ppl, the battery is going to take a few days (and charge cycles) to get to its prime condition.

If it doesn't, then you need to reduce your usage, or buy a spare. This thing is a processing beast, it's a 600+ MHz computer that's running on a match box size battery... give it a break.

I've been through several full charge cycles already, 3 times all the way down and back up, and yes, it had gotten better from the first day.

That said, my phone on idle only, without even touching it, won't last as long as yours does on full usage. I would be ecstatic with your battery life, but mine just won't do it, and some people have even worse life than me. If mine won't do the same things yours will, then doesn't that imply there's something wrong with mine?

I do understand it'll keep getting better, I'm sure it will be even better after a week than it is now. But even if it does get better, it's not going to gain 50% more battery life than it has now, because that's how much it's going to take to be even close to the better performers on this thread like yourself.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Here is my experience today:

7:10 a.m. disconnected with full charge, 4:45 p.m. down to 48%

Wifi and Bluetooth off.
    GPS set to Ask
    One Exchange account for Email, Calendar, Contact, etc. set to "As items arrive"
    Screen Brightness and timeout set to default.
    Consistent EvDO connection.
    Signal strength fluctuates in my office from 2-5 bars (seems to bounce around alot).

Three short calls
    Six SMS with one of them being a picture.
    36 Emails Received (only responded on Desktop)
    Read two PDF attachments to emails
    Tried out Shortcovers and read a few pages of "Crime and Punishment"
    Read some news on Google News' mobile site and in the New York Times App
    Checked Accuweather (we really need a weather app without ads)
    Read a few posts in the mobile version of PreCentral
    Updated some contacts just to make sure Exchange was working correctly.
    Tried the SpeedBrain App - just one game.
    Showed the phone to two people who just move stuff around on the screen a little bit.

Seems consistent with my Centro.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    I've been through several full charge cycles already, 3 times all the way down and back up[...]
    According to the Battery Saving Tips in the user guide, Palm states that the battery is best maximized if it is frequently topped off, rather than being run through full cycles continuously.

FWIW

Charge your phone whenever you can. Charge it overnight. The battery has a much longer useful life when it is topped off frequently than when it is charged after it is fully drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    According to the Battery Saving Tips in the user guide, Palm states that the battery is best maximized if it is frequently topped off, rather than being run through full cycles continuously.

FWIW
    I understand this, but there are also places that recommend that Li-ion do need to be conditioned a couple of times for them to realize their full potential (pun intended, haha, I cracks myself up). Not like old Ni chemistries which HAD to have their full charge mind you, but conditioning the battery a couple of times just to get it up and running.

That, and I wasn't able to charge it for long periods of driving and such, I don't have a car charger yet. I wasn't just doing it on purpose for the sake of doing it.
    As for weather apps, just bookmark wunderground.com link to your area.
    Pandora, Fandango, etc - if apps are not running, then they are not using any battery power. So uninstalling them will only cause you not to use them, but does not effect the battery life.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    +1 bubba
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I feel bad for people having battery issues came from a windown mobile can't complain, full charge 730 constant AIM chat/texting occasional web browse died around 3pm
    I'm curious about something: is there any link between battery performance and the touchstone back?

For the record, I don't have a touchstone cover yet (on order though) - and no heat problems, with fairly acceptable battery performance.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Exactly, even if Apps need location and you have them installed, as long as you don't have them running with an open card, they shouldn't be pulling down anything.
    some people seemed to be insinuating that the location stuff is pulling down information even if you don't have any location-specific apps running. seems odd to me that the gps and whatnot would be in use if you've got your phone in idle with nothing running.