Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I can figure out how to change my ringtone..but how do you change email and text message alert tones???
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I do not believe there are alert settings (or like you, can find any).. I'm guessing this is going to have to be a 3rd party application.. I've already had several occurrences where I miss Butler for Palm.
    I can't believe you missed them!!!

All kidding aside, this is something Dieter and I covered in length... they just aren't there. Can't change em... real bummer.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Does it have at least a setting to constantly "nudge" you if you don't DISMISS or SNOOZE a calendar reminder (or email, IM.. etc..)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    Does it have at least a setting to constantly "nudge" you if you don't DISMISS or SNOOZE a calendar reminder (or email, IM.. etc..)?
    As far as my experience with the Pre, no. I was on AIM with a friend and he sent me an IM which I ignored, and I never received another "nudge" or reminder from the phone that I had an unread IM. Only rings/vibrates on a new alert or notification. Hopefully this feature will be added soon though.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    It won't ring or vibrate again, but it will turn into an icon on the bottom right of the screen that is tappable if you don't touch the initial notification.
    I am sure this will be addressed in the next update....
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    If you use the tools to get root access to the phone, you can replace the default sound with one of your own choosing.

In essence, you need to create the sound you want to use, give it a specific file name, hook the phone up as a USB drive, copy the file onto the phone, then use your root access to copy your file over the original file (which you of course backed up before doing all this)

Not for the faint of heart. I'm sure that this will eventually be addressed.
    and where are these said tools?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    and where are these said tools?
    pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS dev wiki
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    For Those In this Thread Who Don't Know Yet, the 1.4.5 Update Made it so you can Chande The SMS Tone.

Go to Messaging. Hit the Menu. Hit Preferences. Under 'Alert' Select 'Ringtone'. Then Coose From Your Ringtone Folder or Music on Your Pre.
    thank you so much CamTheCultured that was driving me crazy
    You were able to change them well before the 1.4.5 update.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    you can changes all sounds,sms,ring tone,alerts from one place, sounds and ringtones app. And email from the email app.
    Quote Originally Posted by CamTheCultured View Post
    For Those In this Thread Who Don't Know Yet, the 1.4.5 Update Made it so you can Chande The SMS Tone.

Go to Messaging. Hit the Menu. Hit Preferences. Under 'Alert' Select 'Ringtone'. Then Coose From Your Ringtone Folder or Music on Your Pre.
    Somebody help me here. I had my sounds all set up, until recently my phone auto reset/wiped itself. I have had to reinstall everything and re-set everything up. But now I cannot set a ringtone for my messaging. When I go into the Messaging app, and hit the Menu, it is "Preferences and Accounts" not "Preferences" , and in that menu subsystem there IS NO Alert setting. There is in Sound Settings for Alert, but changing that tone does not change the tone for Messaging. Where the heck is the setting?!

And yes, I checked. My Pre IS webOS 1.4.5.

Help?
    When you go into prefs and accounts do you see your phone number under accounts? Did you try tapping it?
    open up the messaging app, at the top tap the email tab, select Preferences & Accounts, Under Accounts, select the email account you want to edit, under Messages select alert and you will have choices of Vibrate, sound, Mute etc.
    Is there any way to add individual text ringtone settings? I know you can do caller ones, but can you do text?