Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Went to the sprint store at 12:30P and they said I can buy the last Pre they had. Walked up to the rep behind the counter and he got the pre in the package and gave it to me. That was their last one!
    Anyway, we got to discuss the price: 299 with 100 MIR. OK. Then came the plans:
    I have the SERO 1250min plan for 49$. The best I could get with the pre is the SEP for 99$ or the 89$ 900 min plan.
    Then I went on to what the pre can actually do.
    Strange, but I felt that I was going to give up a lot from my 755p if I went with Pre.
    I already have Facebook, all emails, unlimited web with pics messaging and text. I do not use the radio even though I have both Ptunes and the other one paid for.
    Do not use sprint nav, as I have TT with BT and need a stand alone GPS built-in which the pre does not have.
    So what does the pre do that my 755 does not? I asked the nice folks there and they said "Nothing, really"! I am not talking about all the juvenile crap but grown-up stuff.
    I also have the card view that TealOS had.
    Have a back up with SD also.
    And to top it all, had to pay for activation.
    Finally, after chewing on it, decided to walk away with a big thanks.
    I am not an *****, the Treo 755p still appears better, has all my POS apps that serve me everyday in my very hectic medical practice and am with a plan that is simply the best.
    I know, I just read in the other post about this loser who did not have SERO.
    Sorry, no deal Palm. Wonder if anybody else did the same?
    No, those who did not have SERO, Don’t come here saying that you are smart and we are the dead pirates in the Caribbean. This is my first hands on with the Pre that I had been waiting for and am not impressed.
    I have a feeling that there may be one following soon which is aimed at more productive users with stand alone GPS, card support, etc, etc.
  2. #2  
    You can stay with older technology if it suits you and your needs. Companies come out with different plans that are required for certain phones for a reason. It was known since January that there would be no storage card, and that SEP were required.

    --
  3. #3  
    What it will do that's better than your 755p is still up in the air. It's a new platform and evolving as we speak. The Pre has a much nicer screen, WiFi, 3G speed (still love Blazer?), and is an entirely new form factor. Plus it's not Garnett. It multitasks now, and does it quite well.

    As for activation, if you call Sprint and complain they will almost ALWAYS remove the activation charge.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Went to the sprint store at 12:30P and they said I can buy the last Pre they had. Walked up to the rep behind the counter and he got the pre in the package and gave it to me. That was their last one!
    Anyway, we got to discuss the price: 299 with 100 MIR. OK. Then came the plans:
    I have the SERO 1250min plan for 49$. The best I could get with the pre is the SEP for 99$ or the 89$ 900 min plan.
    Then I went on to what the pre can actually do.
    Strange, but I felt that I was going to give up a lot from my 755p if I went with Pre.
    I already have Facebook, all emails, unlimited web with pics messaging and text. I do not use the radio even though I have both Ptunes and the other one paid for.
    Do not use sprint nav, as I have TT with BT and need a stand alone GPS built-in which the pre does not have.
    So what does the pre do that my 755 does not? I asked the nice folks there and they said "Nothing, really"! I am not talking about all the juvenile crap but grown-up stuff.
    I also have the card view that TealOS had.
    Have a back up with SD also.
    And to top it all, had to pay for activation.
    Finally, after chewing on it, decided to walk away with a big thanks.
    I am not an *****, the Treo 755p still appears better, has all my POS apps that serve me everyday in my very hectic medical practice and am with a plan that is simply the best.
    I know, I just read in the other post about this loser who did not have SERO.
    Sorry, no deal Palm. Wonder if anybody else did the same?
    No, those who did not have SERO, Don’t come here saying that you are smart and we are the dead pirates in the Caribbean. This is my first hands on with the Pre that I had been waiting for and am not impressed.
    I have a feeling that there may be one following soon which is aimed at more productive users with stand alone GPS, card support.
    Dude not even kidding... a serious big ole +1. I literally just got back from going to look at them. They had sold out, it wouldnt have made a difference really if they had one or not, that wasnt the point. Not having a memory card, etc and LOVING my 700p (with the 755 ROM) thats the point... I love my set up right now, hate having such an older phone but until one comes out with the EXACT feature set I want, no way.

    I just couldnt pull the trigger, I wouldve had to have added an additional $20 per month plus pay the $199 after MIR. $240 extra per year just to own a PRE' ... no thanks. I spose if I was in the cloud more, twitter, FBook etc it might sway me but I dont use those at all.

    I just couldnt do it.

    Weird eh?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5. #5  
    I complained, and they wouldn't budge. Plus, it's ONLY $18 people....
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    You can stay with older technology if it suits you and your needs. Companies come out with different plans that are required for certain phones for a reason. It was known since January that there would be no storage card, and that SEP were required.

    --
    Require a plan, lose a customer. The trick is balancing more revenue by new plans and upgraded plans vs older customers keeping their plans or leaving all together.

    I like how you guys think its personal and get snippy with customers who expect to keep their old plans. Sprint is trying to bleed every dollar out of your pocket, and rightly so, so with this phone they believe they can.

    I, have a free and clear plan with unlimited data for 49 a month 1000 minutes. I dont feel the need to double my cost, although I thought about it. There are always ways around things, you just have to be creative.
  7. #7  
    +1 - exactly why I'm staying with my 755p for now.

    $30 500 minute SERO, versus - with 25% CU discount - $52 on the 450 minute EP. 70% cost increase for a phone that won't do as much out of the box as the 755p. That equates to $528 over a 24 month contract. So the $199 Pre ends up costing $727. You made a wise decision.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Went to the sprint store at 12:30P and they said I can buy the last Pre they had. Walked up to the rep behind the counter and he got the pre in the package and gave it to me. That was their last one!
    Anyway, we got to discuss the price: 299 with 100 MIR. OK. Then came the plans:
    I have the SERO 1250min plan for 49$. The best I could get with the pre is the SEP for 99$ or the 89$ 900 min plan.
    Then I went on to what the pre can actually do.
    Strange, but I felt that I was going to give up a lot from my 755p if I went with Pre.
    I already have Facebook, all emails, unlimited web with pics messaging and text. I do not use the radio even though I have both Ptunes and the other one paid for.
    Do not use sprint nav, as I have TT with BT and need a stand alone GPS built-in which the pre does not have.
    So what does the pre do that my 755 does not? I asked the nice folks there and they said "Nothing, really"! I am not talking about all the juvenile crap but grown-up stuff.
    I also have the card view that TealOS had.
    Have a back up with SD also.
    And to top it all, had to pay for activation.
    Finally, after chewing on it, decided to walk away with a big thanks.
    I am not an *****, the Treo 755p still appears better, has all my POS apps that serve me everyday in my very hectic medical practice and am with a plan that is simply the best.
    I know, I just read in the other post about this loser who did not have SERO.
    Sorry, no deal Palm. Wonder if anybody else did the same?
    No, those who did not have SERO, Don’t come here saying that you are smart and we are the dead pirates in the Caribbean. This is my first hands on with the Pre that I had been waiting for and am not impressed.
    I have a feeling that there may be one following soon which is aimed at more productive users with stand alone GPS, card support, etc, etc.
    You, my friend have not been drinking enough of the Koolaid. Please have another glass.

    I have a 700w, and sort of feel the same way. I'm close to jumping to a Pre, but an extra $30 a month, plus $200? $560 for the year is a grip 'o cash for an upgrade. I'm thinking it smells a bit like Vista....

    It can't possibly hurt to wait a month or two to see if there are any bugs or killer features to sway me.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, the koolaid!!!
    Exactly my thoughts, Just wait awhile and few tricks may unfold.
    Did not feel that this phone was going to make it for Palm.
  10. #10  
    Same here, staying with my 755p and Sero. Def. not worth the extra monthy cost.
  11. #11  
    I had thoughts of running to a store this morning, but my contract isn't up until November. I think that will allow enough time for the fervor to die down, kinks to be worked out, and better deals to come. Plus I have several apps that I hear won't work in classic at all, like game emulation (NES, etc). My Centro still works fine. It can wait...
  12. burrzoo's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    You, my friend have not been drinking enough of the Koolaid. Please have another glass.

    I have a 700w, and sort of feel the same way. I'm close to jumping to a Pre, but an extra $30 a month, plus $200? $560 for the year is a grip 'o cash for an upgrade. I'm thinking it smells a bit like Vista....

    It can't possibly hurt to wait a month or two to see if there are any bugs or killer features to sway me.
    Haha! I'm thinking it smells exactly like ATT! They did the same thing when you bought an iPhone 3G. Had a great but ancient data plan that included unltd. data, text & MMS (which can't really be used ...yet!) But, I am an iSheep/Gadget-Girl Geek and like to use my "chump change" for these "oh so fun" goodies!
    I'm not moving to the Pre but did have a love for all-things Palm! They just didn't move along quickly enough with upgrades. Also, I'm not interested in going to Sprint.
    The excitement of the "unveiling" gets to me and I truly enjoy all of the fanfare!
    Luckily, new phones/technology come out so quickly that most everyone can be happy in (probably) a short time!
  13. #13  
    I had the same feeling. I have my 755 setup the way I want it. So many of my must have programs will work but cannot be updated on the Pre. If they could I would have been in line this morning. I must have Datebook 6, SplashID, Pocket Quicken, etc. Hopefully something will be developed to fix this. Until then I wait.
  14. #14  
    I've been feeling this way all along. My Centro is a fantastic device, didn't cost much (and won't cost much if I have to replace it), and I pay under $35 a month for each of four lines, including tax. I don't need wifi, which sucks the batter down, anyhow, because I have a high speed connection just about everywhere I go.

    I think Sprint are just trying to lure people away from AT&T and Verizon. They already have us SERO customers, and they don't want or need to cooperate with us. No problem; my Centro is working fine!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.

Posting Permissions