Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    I was on the phone and my dog ran after a bird, the leash was in the phone hand and when the leash yanked my phone went flying at least 6' to the pavement (I'm a tall lad). Phone got a few nasty scuffs but nothing terrible. It did explode later in my pocket, though... the whole screen shattered all at once for no discernible reason. I don't know if it was related to the drop, but shattered Pre screen isn't usable at all, fwiw. I'm on my 4th pre, but that's not that bad apparently many others have had more than that. I discontinued the insurance since pres can be obtained for a lot less than insurance fees these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    LOL!

I guess this means my Pre was male....

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I dropped mine too and now the screen is cooked. I have a question: I am a sprint user still under contract. If I go out and buy a pre on ebay, does anyone know how much if anything sprint is going to charge me to activate the phone? I'd like to keep my number. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by chandler1818 View Post
    I dropped mine too and now the screen is cooked. I have a question: I am a sprint user still under contract. If I go out and buy a pre on ebay, does anyone know how much if anything sprint is going to charge me to activate the phone? I'd like to keep my number. Thanks for the help.
    They shouldn't charge you anything. You can activate it yourself from your account on Sprint's website.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I've dropped mine many times and Still works LOL I have a pre Minus
    They shouldn't charge you anything. You can activate it yourself from your account on Sprint's website.

Thanks, Trekker
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I've dropped my second Pre- over 20 times and stepped on it once. One corner chipped and gouges on the back, otherwise ok. My luck can't hold out much longer. I need a new WebOS phone and I want it right now! Will probably have to go Ebay until the powers that be EVENTUALLY release new hardware and it better be good! Sigh...
    The first time I dropped my pre, it landed on my shoe and was undamaged. The second time was in walmart and it skidded across the tile. Still undamaged. So I am in Birmingham at American Adventure and I drive off and get on the highway right away. As I near 70 I hear a couple of thumps on the roof. That is when I realize I don't have my pre. Yes, it went flying off the roof and I never saw it again. I did call it immediately and it went straight to voicemail. I got a replacement after paying the $50 assuion fee and I was carrying it in a canvas holster/pouch the next day and It got bumped and the pre landing on the street. There is still a crack from that incident which was last June. I have had a few drops with it in the seidio case and each time, I have lost the case to broken tabs. Now I use the OEM holster and it seems to keep it from dropping. I also tried a skin and it just kept peeling off. I have a screen protector on it, and I am still looking for a real case that will protect it and still work with the touchstone.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Well, , I have now now droped my Pre 3-4 times in the past 2 days alone. A couple of which it landed screen down. Luckily no scratches on the screen, just the edges.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by sinime; 01/26/2011 at 08:58 AM.
    I dropped mine, but I caught it...

Cat-like reflexes for the win!
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I dropped mine, but I caught it...

Cat-like reflexes for the win!
    I found that trying to catch a falling device sometimes results in rocketing the device much faster to the ground.
    That's why you use your leg, either you half its velocity, or you win!
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    My pre+ alternates between more and less oreo every time I drop it.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789