Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Anyone dropped their Pre yet? Curious of what happened when you dropped it. Did it break?
    Droped mine a couple of times, but mine has always been protected by some case.

My last adventure landed my unit 3' onto hard concrete sidewalk, bouncing 3 times, and landing on it's face.

Scary, but thankfully was protected by a self adhesive screen protector and my OtterBox Tandem Series case. OtterBox can't be beat for durability (no tabs come off here...Seido Cough cough) and safety.

I love my Pre and OtterBox witout any dings.

Sorli...
    Dropped mine yesterday, i got a text and took it out of my pocket, it slipped and fell onto the sidewalk, i thought no big deal, i dropped it once before. Thing broke, couldnt turn it on. Now im going to bell tomorrow to see if i can get a replacement
    I've dropped mine several times, and to my surprise it's been super durable, but this time I think it was the death-drop. I was getting off the bus in front of a local Best Buy, and I tripped on the sidewalk. My Pre flew out of my shirt pocket and landed face up on the concrete sidewalk. It boots up just fine, but now the earpiece and mic don't work. I've tried defaulting to webOS 1.1.0, then did an upgrade to 1.4.5, but it's a hardware issue it seems. :| I played with the idea of opening up the phone to see if it's just a cable lose, but I don't have the right screwdriver bits to even start doing that. I'm going to take it into a Sprint store after work tomorrow to see if I can get it replaced.

To those that have done this before: what's the chance of them asking for the $100 deductible? That's about how much cash I have in my bank account at the moment, and I'd prefer not to spend that on this. I do pay the $7 insurance fee each month, so I'm hoping that this disaster will be covered by it.

EDIT: Just realized that it's Sunday, and stores close at 5 or so. I get off work at 3pm, and it'd be cutting it super close. I'll go tomorrow since I have the day off. :| Oh well.
    Last edited by Shiggitay; 08/22/2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Sheet! It's Sunday!
    Mine fell yesterday off my pocket. I always keep it inside an ipod belt clip since I cannot use the original sleeve anymore (I have a 2300mAh battery and its cover). It flew from my jacket when I jumped, landed on the floor and ended face down.

Amazingly, no scratches to the screen, and the clumsy cover may have helped.

I wanted to buy a clear protector but as I have another back cover, it will be hard to find one that fits. Maybe I'll cover at least the screen so if this ever happens again it would be covered
    Dropped mine down a flight of concrete stairs, it bounced three times (wood, metal and brick tiles) and landed in a muddy puddle, where my dog rescued it from bloodthirsty piranhas. After he was done with it, he went to have a drink, and dropped it in the toilet.
    I put it in a bag of rice (basmati) and after 3 weeks my Pre is brandnew, scratchless, and reboots twice as fast. Not kidding.
    Ok so they couldn't fix it in-store, but they've ordered me a new (refurb) phone due in Wednesday. I'll be so excited all during work that day haha. Whoo-hoo! Lolz
    Im currently using another phone, BUT. I dropped my pre a few times, no hard surfaces, Carpet each time. After dropping my bold 9700 after opening it i made a vow never to drop my phone on a hard surface again.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    My Pre+ flipped out of my holster while (thinking about) dunking on someone during a basketball game. It bounced about three times then slid across the asphalt. Everyone was like "OOOOooooo...." as I shrugged, picked up my phone and brushed the dirt off my invisibleSHIELD! It only suffered a small nick on the bottom left edge and nicks and scuffs on the invisibleSHIELD.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Dropped mine many times. Only casualty so far is the center button (needs to be pressed harder to make it work).
    Dropped mine....in a parking lot....chipped the top right corner off still working with no issues....
    I dropped in on the top right corner and I gues it messed my power button. It completely doesn't work unless I take off the power button cover, and I pres the phones actual power button. Bummerrr
    I've dropped mine a few times, already, on the cement of my balcony, it basically slid off my lap when I was sitting out there and set it down. Still works like a charm, though, just has a few minor scratches and one small chip.

EDIT: It did slide a few feet once right on the screen, one day, so I am really glad I had my screen protector on it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPwnz View Post
    Dropped mine yesterday, i got a text and took it out of my pocket, it slipped and fell onto the sidewalk, i thought no big deal, i dropped it once before. Thing broke, couldnt turn it on. Now im going to bell tomorrow to see if i can get a replacement
    Well, i felt stupid. The guy just put it to charge and it worked :\. About two days later it fell again, for the same reason. Thank God it worked. WE NEED CASES!
    I got attacked by a yellowjacket wasp a few days ago while I was trying to clear their nest out from a campsite. It went straight for my crotch-area, and I ran, dove, fell, and rolled. Somehow managed to crush the little ******* before he stung me somewhere I really didn't want to be stung.

My phone happened to be in my pocket at the time however. What's worse was I had it out of it's protective pouch at the time.

2 small scratches on the screen now, after all this time of absolute babying it and having her look like brand-new. Nothing earth-shatteringly bad, but definitely annoying. May try to slap on an invisible shield screen guard to see if it masks the scratches (they are very small and faint, might just cover right up)...

Moral of the story, dont **** with yellowjackets.
    I've dropped my Sprint Pre several times and there're hairline cracks all over the screen and the bottom left of the plastic shell is cracked. Was working fine for most of the drops, but the last drop made it so that the screen intermittently becomes unresponsive. I either have to bang the screen a couple times or I just use the slider aggressively a few times and it works again. Sometimes though, I have to do one of those actions in tandem with a screen on/off. Seems like a loose connection somewhere.
    Sprint FrankenPre 2
    webOS 2.2.4
    Verizon donor
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    I almost did!! Damn thing is like a wet river pebble....
    I cannot, repeat, cannot ever drop this phone!!

I dropped my mogul like 30 times...thank god that phone's been put to rest

haha ... a wet river pebble is the best way to describe it YES!

I dropped my phone 4 days after I bought it. I was just starting to take a video and it slipped out of my hand (like a wet river pebble) and crashed to the cement. My phone recorded the entire fall, tumble and crash... WITH NO STATIC! It got a few scratches but still works like a charm. I have dropped it about 5 other times too, I have a case but take it out of the damn case and again the bloody thing is so slick it really does slip right out of your fingers! Despite it's bad luck with falling, it still works just fine and only has a few small scratches on the frame.
    Count me in to the droppers club. After 15 months of ownership I dropped mine on concrete last friday, took a tiny chunk out of the upper left front corner of the phone. After having the phone for so long I don't even notice it
    I just knocked my phone off the desk on to a carpeted floor. Phone is covered with a zagg skin including corners. Now one of those corners is cracked. Did they never test the materials for durability during design phase?

I can drop a jello cube that far and it won't break. Geesh!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/09/2010 at 01:38 PM.
    I dropped mine while I was on vacation.. Like many of you I kept it all covered up with screen protecters and a cover .. I went to pick up my sleeping three year old and dropped it face down on a lime stone driveway.. I got two gouges in the screen.. They are small but you can see them well.. But the phone works great and never missed a beat..
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I got attacked by a yellowjacket wasp a few days ago while I was trying to clear their nest out from a campsite. It went straight for my crotch-area, and I ran, dove, fell, and rolled. Somehow managed to crush the little ******* before he stung me somewhere I really didn't want to be stung.

My phone happened to be in my pocket at the time however. What's worse was I had it out of it's protective pouch at the time.

2 small scratches on the screen now, after all this time of absolute babying it and having her look like brand-new. Nothing earth-shatteringly bad, but definitely annoying. May try to slap on an invisible shield screen guard to see if it masks the scratches (they are very small and faint, might just cover right up)...

Moral of the story, dont **** with yellowjackets.
    glad the phones ok, sorry to hear about the scuffs.... but man, whoever else was with you had to be laughing their butts off ! lol i laughed just reading it... sorry lol
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast