Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I just bought this phone and loving it and babying it. and swore to myself to never drop it. ive only had the phone for 5 days and wht do you know i was goin down my friends stairs and whhaamm the phone slipped out my hand hit hard tile and bouncded like 7 times and slammedinto the wall by my amazment there was only about 3 scrtatches and little scracthes on my screen im so happy tht my phonedidnt eveen break. from now on im carrying this thing in that pouch when i walk around
    I dropped mine lots of times. I have a chunk missing on the lower right corner of below the black arrow that is pointing up. Luckily it didn't extend to the screen. I have another chip missing near the top left of the phone. Again, no screen damage. A chunk missing near the charging area. Suprisingly, none of this has affected the functioning of my phone. But, if I have an issue with the functioning of my phone, a Sprint rep told me they couldn't work on it due to the external damage. I would have to pay for a replacement.
    I dropped mine a few days after I got it, getting out my car I forgot it was on my lap and when I got out it slid across the street. Luckily, I just put the invisible shield on it and it landed face down, to my surprise, the shield didn't even scratch.
    I had my touch screen stop working for no reason, I went down to the repair center and damn near choked the guy out after the 10th time he made a crack about how I must have somehow dropped it... I was so ****ed at the guy I just snapped, I honestly was far too much of an as*, the manager comes out and apologizes and i'm on the way with my new pre... As I get home i'm unlocking the front door while on the phone with the wife laughing about how I just made the 18 year old ***** at sprint almost wet himself, I drop the phone on the door mat and it bounces down the steps a couple times... guess what, karma is a bi*tch and my touch screen broke... I know, I deserved it. I was too embarassed to go back to that repair store so I drove an hour to the one in Sac instead of the one 4 blocks away.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    After a YEAR, my Pre fell out of my jacket pocket onto the asphalt. even though it was in the suede cover, it somehow managed to land right on the on/off switch on top. This resulted in VERY minor cosmetic damage, but wouldn't you know it, it killed the screen. Not a MARK on the LCD and yet it won't work. Meanwhile, the phone still functions, but w/o the screen it's worthless. So, I'm incommunicado for two days waiting for a replacement...thank God for insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcasa7 View Post
    I had my touch screen stop working for no reason, I went down to the repair center and damn near choked the guy out after the 10th time he made a crack about how I must have somehow dropped it... I was so ****ed at the guy I just snapped, I honestly was far too much of an as*, the manager comes out and apologizes and i'm on the way with my new pre... As I get home i'm unlocking the front door while on the phone with the wife laughing about how I just made the 18 year old ***** at sprint almost wet himself, I drop the phone on the door mat and it bounces down the steps a couple times... guess what, karma is a bi*tch and my touch screen broke... I know, I deserved it. I was too embarassed to go back to that repair store so I drove an hour to the one in Sac instead of the one 4 blocks away.
    Ahahaha! Did you come to the one in Rocklin?
    Try plugging the phone in and seeing if your touchscreen will return temporarily. That works about 50% of the time (random made up statistic, ha). I've actually cut off the cord and given the plug to customers to use for the time being until they get their replacement. They normally give me a funny look at first but are usually appreciative when they see their touchscreen is working. Haha.
    Speaking of damaged screens and dropped Pres, those of you who bought your Pre via Best Buy, did you opt for their product protection plan? (This is seperate from and additional to the Sprint Assurion protection).

Just wondering, because the BestBuy plan will replace a damaged phone with no deductible vs. a $100 Assurian deductible. (However, it doesn't cover theft or loss, just damage)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Well, anytime I drop my Pre, I find some issue to replace it under warranty. It's only been replaced once. I have an AWESOME case that covers it completely and also a screen protector.
    Mine flew off my hand while trying to put it in its pouch and hit hard on concrete (was inside the pouch already). It went only with a small dent on the top (scteen side).

The second time my dog dropped it on wooden floor while charging, a few small scratches on the back.

Other than that mine still has the original screen protector (a few bubbles near the mic but that's all).

Still working perfectly after 2 months

Update: Just dropped it again, in a table, then to a chair, then to the carpet... no damage at least
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 02/15/2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Dropped it again!!
    Dropped mine a few times. Now a chunk is missing. Phone works well. I'm not sure it's worth the $100 to have Assurion replace it. Will get an Innocase cover and see how it goes.
    ive dropped mine like 5 times....and not on carpet...i did have a screen protector back then so i have a couple nudges on the sides...nothing on the actual screen thank god...i finally took off the screen cover like 2 weeks ago bc dirt would get under the sides and now it looks brand new...havent dropped it yet...my gf did drop hers (her first time) and cracked her screen so yeaaahhhhhh
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

The second time my dog dropped it on wooden floor while charging, a few small scratches on the back.
    Dude, what was your dog doing using the phone while it was charging? I specifically limit my dogs to using the phones when not charging.

Mine fell last night. It was sitting on a book... i managed to flip the book and my pre landed on the hard wood floor with the book on top of it ... there is now a crack on the side on the screen half of the slider... hard to notice unless light hits it the right way ... its still working just fine ... but the crack is bothering me ...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    also bumping an old thread. mine fell off my desk at work, in its seidio innocase, landed on the rubber floor in my office, case flew off and now the camera doesn't work, and it's rebooting itself about once every 45 minutes. woohoo.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    LOL i dropped mine on my brick drive-way wasn't a long fall, but it's still fine.

I was wondering though if the screen scratches easily, i'm way scared to take off the screen protector that came with it :O
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My pre fell on the ceramic floor in my bathroom and the recharging door on the side fell off. I could still put it back but I have to be careful because it's very loose. I have on a zagg screen protector and sure this was a great help no scratches.
    so just yesterday my drunk friend was being an ***** and decided to knock the few things I was carrying in my hands onto the ground, one of course being my Pre in it's suede case (thank god). when I picked it up and inspected it there didn't appear to be any noticeable damage. so maybe I'm just being paranoid.. but when I 'squeeze' the phone I can hear these subtle creaks. they are probably only audible since I am listening for them, but.. does anyone else hear these tiny 'creaks' upon giving your pre a good squeeze? as I said I'm probly just bein paranoid but would still like to know if this could be due to the fall or not.
    I dropped mine for the first time today. It just slipped from y hnd and bounced on te gond and then slid a few feet.... On te back. There are no scratches and I got soooo lucky that it didn't slide on the screen.

The other time was when the rep was handing my my 3rd replacement and he dropped in on the floor right of the box before I ever touched it.
    i feel like i keep looking for abnormalities with my Pre now after what went on in my post above. like with keyboard open i will nudge the display while holding the keyboard to see if it budges at all. it does about a hair. but hopefully this is more from the Pre's 'mediocre build quality' than from anything else. i guess it just doesnt seem to feel 'rock solid'.. but perhaps it wasnt before and i just never noticed since i wasnt looking.

what do you guys think? is the Pre supposed to have a 'rock solid' feel to the slider mechanism and such? i wish i had paid attention to how it felt before.