Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I dropped mine while sitting on the toilet today fortunately my underwear caught it. Haha
    LOL
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    totally dropped mine in target just an hour ago. Was pulling it out of my pocket and slipped right out of my hand. I proceeded to do the two handle juggle before it finally fell the about 3-4ft to the hard smooth floor. Picked it up turned the screen one, works fine and not a mark on it. I ordered my invisible shield earlier today I can't wait for it to arrive to prevent scratches from such events. But I think as long as the screen is off and you don't throw it down it should survive a 4 ft fall. Manufacturers do many drop tests on phones.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    dropped mine while i stopped during a bike ride this afternoon... fell 4 ft onto a metal storm drain cover and left nice gouge marks next to the power button and the cover for the microusb.... i honestly dont even want the phone now.. im too annoyed with myself.
    Just a general question here: How many of you guys who have dropped your Pre's were using a case at the time.

Not to add insult to injury, but I just seem to remember a pretty popular thread from several months back polling people's intentions on using holsters, cases, etc. vs. just going au-natural and sliding them straight into pants pockets or walking around with it in hand.

Do you think a holster may have made a difference in your particular situation?
    I don't know. I grabbed my Sprint bag, and my coffee and stepped out into my garage - it was so light on my lap that I just plain forgot it was there. To add insult to injury, I even dropped it in the car on my ride home with it. Had it in between my legs while driving (checking out the Nav function) and some @$@$ stopped quickly in front of me causing me to jam on my breaks. The Pre went sliding onto the floor under the gas peddle. No damage - just a minor scratch to the protective screen on it (the one it comes with). I'm SUPER - CAREFUL now - and I DO keep it in the suede pouch all the time.
    I dropped mine today from the belt clip thing ;p. I guess I somehow hit a table in such a way that it clicked upon the case and down my Pre went.... There is a small scratch now at the top of the phone but otherwise everything else is fine. Luckily the scratch is very small and hardly noticeable but I nearly had a heart attack. Now I keep the belt clip case closer to the front instead of the side so I wont accidentally snag open the locking mechanism again. Sigh.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I still never dropped my phone, but I bought my wife one yesterday and by the end of the day she dropped it....NO SCRATCHES.....
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Got lucky! Had my first official drop....I was holding it pretty close to my face, and it landed...in my front pocket of my shirt! Win!
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Got lucky! Had my first official drop....I was holding it pretty close to my face, and it landed...in my front pocket of my shirt! Win!

quick, buy a lotto ticket.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I threw mine across the room in a drunken stupor the other night. It's still in perfect shape.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    quick, buy a lotto ticket.
    Actually, I'm channeling all my luck to Nieve this afternoon....apparently Castillo didn't have it last night
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Actually, I'm channeling all my luck to Nieve this afternoon....apparently Castillo didn't have it last night

uhg.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmp459 View Post
    dropped mine while i stopped during a bike ride this afternoon... fell 4 ft onto a metal storm drain cover and left nice gouge marks next to the power button and the cover for the microusb.... i honestly dont even want the phone now.. im too annoyed with myself.
    I plan to keep mine in the pouch it came with when I go cycling. It only makes sense to protect it as much as possible.

It's too bad I can't listen to music when I bike anymore. There's no trails here free of traffic and it just gets too dangerous when I can't hear cars well.

Miami just sucks for cycling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    It's like AMEX, I don't leave home without it!
    2nd. i love that little pouch, it's so cute and super useful. Sometimes i put it orange side out so it's easier to spot. : )
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Dropped mine on the power button from about 5 feet... power button is mashed into the phone now, i'm going to sprint in a few hours to see if I can get a repair/replace. Button still works but gotta press hard now.
    Dropped mine yesterday. No scratches but the phone doesn't feel as tight as before, especially the screen half of the phone, I can see the gap between the two halves of the phone.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    I see this thread pre-dates (sorry) the one I started.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...drop-test.html
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I got a SMALL pit in my screen, too, when my Pre landed on my fireplace hearth. Small pebble must have gouged it. I'm pissed (at myself).

Have you tried buffing it out with anything? Any success? I tried toothpaste, with no luck. Thought about ordering Displex....
    I dropped it a few hours ago onto some carpet, it immediately shut off. (this might be the cause, but I had it plugged into an office computer...after about an hour of charging the computer recognized it as an installable device and disconnecetd it, also shutting it off). Now the phone shuts off at random times, stays on for like 1 minute sometimes. Also, i just put my phone on the table, with a light tap to the top, and it shut off....also takes much longer to turn on.

I got it last week, already replaced it once for the earpiece not working. hopefully they'll replace it a second time for free since its in the 30-day period.

this happen to anyone else?
    ok so i was JUST texting and the colors faded from top to bottom and it shut off...its like it has got a virus or something