Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    is anyone using the OEM suede pouch 24/7?
    What I like about that pouch is that it tends to clean the screen putting the pre into and out of the pouch. The girl that helped me was the pre advocate and that was her 2 cents. I thought it was pretty brilliant, I'm not sure if that is what palm intended.
    My wife dropped mine on the table as it was doing its initial charge. Only a couple inches, but that will buy me an "oh crap" or two
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    I dropped mine when I got home this morning. Had it on my lap in the car, forgot it was there - and stepped out into my garage... I heard something hit the floor and I knew exactly what it was! Luckily, no damage to the screen, because I kept it in the holder it came with (suede pouch), but now there's a tiny crack on the top lip just past the screen - damnit!!!!
    how does that happen? You just bought the thing and forgot it was on your lap?
    So far, if mine isn't in my hand it's in the pouch (even when charging_ now). I'm going to order rhe "armour kit" for it Monday.
    I bought a hard clam shell case at BB when I bought the Pre. I will keep my Pre inside the case and in the pouch that came with the phone.
    I don't want it to be banged up with dents and scratches like my Centro, which I pretty much kept naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So far, if mine isn't in my hand it's in the pouch (even when charging_ now). I'm going to order rhe "armour kit" for it Monday.
    herbie come on it's not the crown jewels it's a friggin phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    how does that happen? You just bought the thing and forgot it was on your lap?
    crazy kids today.
    herbie come on it's not the crown jewels it's a friggin phone.
    I'm just rough on phones, so I try to take some precaution until I get protection on them.

And truth be known, it hasn't left my hand much yet.
    I was just about to go to sleep and then I see the title of this thread. Sigh, another sleepless night for Deadpanwalking, thinking about the unthinkable...
    I noticed with the Touchstone back cover it's a bit of a pain to get it to slide into the case.

I also got an Invisible Shield on order, can't wait til it gets here.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    No drop, but I thought about it.

I was, well, if you must know, leaving the throne - had the Pre in my hand and reached across the pond to flush, then I thought - NOT GOOD...

Pre-pee and post-pee I need a working Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    No drop, but I thought about it.

I was, well, if you must know, leaving the throne - had the Pre in my hand and reached across the pond to flush, then I thought - NOT GOOD...

Pre-pee and post-pee I need a working Pre.
    This thread made me laugh. Great 2nd post.. Now I'm going to sleep with a smile lol
    The employee ringing me up opened my box and the manager reamed her out for it, said they weren't to open the boxes until they asked permission from the customer. However, I think Palm did a good job on the thick plastic throne the phone was set into inside the box, so hopefully nobody's Palm fell out of the box upon opening!

I do believe the OEM case was purposely made for being a cleaner as well as a case, since the Sprint employees mentioned that the case cleans the phone and it is made out of the material that Palm used for their screen wipe attached to their Centro blue & tan leather case (which I have for my now-old Centro).

Funny that y'all should mention almost dropping the phone in the toilet - the employee ringing me up used the toilet drop scenerio to try to get me to buy the $7/mo. insurance plan! I thought it was a rather funny scenerio and couldn't imagine it ever happening (not including when a bratty two-year-old purposely sends it for a swim), but I guess you guys do your bathroom stuff differently than I do (on the rare occassion I have my phone with me in there, I put it down on the counter before getting off the toilet - and I also cover it with a tissue or paper towel to help prevent the toilet germs that fly into the air when you flush the toilet from getting on the thing I hold up to my face [I usually also wipe it down with a wet cloth after, just in case!]).

(That scenerio did not convince me to buy the insurance, but the manager was a better salesman on that and told me they'll replace the phone with a NEW one should anything, including theft or water damage or physical harm, happen to the expensive phone and I can choose to cancel the insurance at any time. I don't know how long I will keep it. I've never killed any of my previous cell phones ... and the only time I lost one, which was back during the first week I got my first cell phone, the person who found it returned it to me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthepitch View Post
    I purchased an Invisible Shield for mine today. Should be here in a few days. I'll tell you, I had this "full body" style on my instinct since I got it and when I pealed it off today it looked like brand new. Also, it makes the whole thing just a bit tacky (not sticky.. but tacky) so it feels secure in your hand, in your lap, where ever you set it down. I recommend this to everyone highly!!

You can find it at zagg dot com
    They are backordered BTW.

Until I get mine, I will be using the pouch 24/7 with the plastic cover on the screen.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I guess i'm the first loser to have any real damage to my Pre. How about when I was putting my Pre down on the touchstone the magnets didn't catch and it slipped off the stone off the table and onto the wood floors. There was a small crack in the top left corner that became a small chip. Luckily, I already found out that they will replace my Pre (Pro Bono).
  16. cme
    MY wife crack her screen some how today...she didnt drop it or anything it was in her blet clip. The crack was really small then it spidered across the whole screen! that suck for her hopefully i can get her a new one soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cme View Post
    MY wife crack her screen some how today...she didnt drop it or anything it was in her blet clip. The crack was really small then it spidered across the whole screen! that suck for her hopefully i can get her a new one soon.
    Ouch....
  18. cme
    What sucks is we just got back from the beach and she took a bunch of picture, but the screen is not working so we cant get them off now!!
    Hopefully a shipment comes tomorrow..that what the sprint people her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    I dropped mine when I got home this morning. Had it on my lap in the car, forgot it was there - and stepped out into my garage... I heard something hit the floor and I knew exactly what it was! Luckily, no damage to the screen, because I kept it in the holder it came with (suede pouch), but now there's a tiny crack on the top lip just past the screen - damnit!!!!
    I've dropped my 700wx 100 times that way yet I never learn...on my lap for use when sitting at a red light, and then I get out of the car forgetting it is there...
    It's like AMEX, I don't leave home without it!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast