Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I accidentally deleted the preloaded bookmarks on the Pre.

Does anyone have the web addresses for those? I wanted to explore them.
    Same here lol I was looking on my wifes pre to see if there was any way of sending them over but no luck
    How did you delete them? There a couple I want to get rid of.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    How did you delete them? There a couple I want to get rid of.
    That's the problem. I could only find a way to delete the ALL! That screwed me up. Now I wish I had the original web links so I could at LEAST look at what was loaded originally.

Anyone?
    I did the same while trying to delete myspace. I just said oh well, I'll load what I want anyway.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yeah, but wasn't there an AIM link in there? How do I AIM?
    No, go to Messaging and add the account.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    No, go to Messaging and add the account.
    Thank you, thank you! I haven't even got to playing with messaging yet. That did it!
    I deleted the Facebook and MySpace links since I don't use them, but what's left is:

palm.com
    sprint.com/landings/palmpre <- Important! This has all the help
    An amazon.com link that is too long to type
    An m.espn.go.com/wireless link that is too long to type

To delete individual bookmarks, pull up the Bookmarks list and do a fast swipe right on the bookmark you want to delete.
    Last edited by kwarner; 06/06/2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: correct mispelling
    kwarner: thank you!! Had a couple of those I wanted to get rid of.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The facebook link is x.facebook.com thanks for the others, I did the same thing.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get the icons back after you delete the bookmarks? I like the icons they had for the bookmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by palo117 View Post
    Is there a way to get the icons back after you delete the bookmarks? I like the icons they had for the bookmarks.
    Did you find an answer? I'm also trying to figure out how to get the icons back.
    I did the same thing, they need an "are you sure" before wiping all those bookmarks.

There also appears to be a difference between the icons for the bookmark page and the actual bookmarks that show up when you click on the browser.

The orginal icons were great.
    I did the same yesterday, I somehow deleted all the bookmarks. I found under device info, and reset options I choose partial erase. I figured after two 2 days I wouldn't be losing much. After the reset, all my bookmarks came back.

I hope this helps for you also!
    I've already gone in and deleted the pre-set bookmarks and added quite a few. It's not too hard and it lets you set the icon by dragging a little square around the page to choose what the thumbnail will look like.
    Partial erase seems a bit extreme to get one's bookmarks back. Is there a way to restore from the backup?

I've tried the little square, and the icon from the screen shot is nice, but mine only shows up on the "bookmarks" page, not the page of bookmarks that displays when you open the browser.
    You can create your own bookmarks so I can't see why you can't just add bookmarks to Sprint and Myspace and all that manually.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well, I dove into the partial erase. Not so painful and the bookmarks are back (still want to know how to get the cool default icons). The apps were saved as part of the back up as well as the synergy accounts which merely required re-confirming. So, partial erase was not so bad, just do a back up before hand.
    >>You can create your own bookmarks so I can't see why you can't just add bookmarks to Sprint and Myspace and all that manually.<<

Because they look gnarly, not like the beautiful icons that come with the palm. How does one make custom icons that look as good as the originals?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast