1.    #1  
    I spoke with Palm and Sprint customer service this morning after reading several reports of dead pixels and other screen distortions on the Palm Pre.

Palm's response in a nutshell: there is no specific warranty replacement policy in place for the Palm Pre in regards to dead pixels. With other Palm hardware, one dead pixel while in the warranty period (one year) is enough to order a free replacement. The Pre is not covered by that policy, and a new policy has not yet been decided.

I asked specifically if a certain number of pixels would need to be dead before a replacement, and I was told that quite simply Palm has not yet decided.

In any event, the Palm representative said that when there is a dead pixel, the first point of contact for a customer would be the purchase point.

Sprint customer service said they are unsure as to when they can offer any warranty replacements due to low stock. The representative was unable to give any specifics on dead pixels as a reason for replacement.
    If they try and cheap out on after sale support they will be signing their own death certificate.
    PAAAALLMMMM!!!!!!
    This forum is turning rather negative... I have an appointment in an hour to get my phone... i'm prayin for no letdown
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I picked up my Pre first this this morning and when I got home I found it has some dead pixels/scree issues. Its dissapointing considering the hype and wait. I'm going to call Sprint and address it on Monday. I'll post on what I find out.

Otherwise so far I like the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    I picked up my Pre first this this morning and when I got home I found it has some dead pixels/scree issues. Its dissapointing considering the hype and wait. I'm going to call Sprint and address it on Monday. I'll post on what I find out.

Otherwise so far I like the device.
    This is discouraging. Truly....
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I agree it is discouraging, but I will give Sprint some credit as far as handling the launch (at least the store I was at). They were professional, fast and really seemed to have everything together for the launch. I was happy with the service.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I wonder how common the issue is. I have seen it on two pres now, not looking out very well.
    I have 1 at the very bottom.can notice it though so don't care
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    On mine its towards the bottom on the side. Honestly I didn't even see it until I removed the plastic cover so I doubt the Sprint rep saw it when activatin (which was very slick/fast). I just called Sprint and they put a note on my account and said go back to the store. The store is over an hour away and i:'m not sure if they have any Pre's for defective devices but i'll be sure to post an update on what I find out. I will say running multiple apps on the Pre is very cool. I have pandora running while on the web and its slick.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    I have 1 at the very bottom.can notice it though so don't care
    Its small on mine as well but I worry that it will get worse and could lead to warranty issues down the line.
    I got one in the middle and I'm just gonna head back to my store and get it exchanged.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    damn, maybe we should have a poll to see what percentage this is happening to. Thankfully my phone is fine as far as I can tell. Hopefully Palm's manufacture can correct the problem but getting another phone is going to be hit or miss it seems like.