Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I love my new Pre, but I must say the PIM apps (calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos) are somewhat of a disappointment to me. They certainly are prettier that the old Palm OS PIM apps and Synergy is great, but they are more awkward to navigate and less flexible in their options. I'm tempted to keep using the old apps in Classic, but then it will be much harder to keep them backed up. Hopefully a third-party app like DateBk or Agendus will be produced for WebOS.

That's the only downside I see so far. Everything else is awesome and there's no way I'd go back to my Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    they are more awkward to navigate and less flexible in their options.
    Can you elaborate? Provide examples?

Just wondering what you are seeing.... no attack... I don't even have a pre. Just getting info....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Can you elaborate? Provide examples?

Just wondering what you are seeing.... no attack... I don't even have a pre. Just getting info....
    In the Calendar for example, it takes longer to switch pages when browsing ahead to see what's coming up. Also slower to switch among views day/week/month. The date picker is not as easy to use IMO. Recurring appts. are not as flexible, no way to do Memorial day as the last Monday in May, for example. (I'll probably just link to an online holidays calendar using synergy.) In the day view there are no icon to tell you if an alarm is attached to an appointment. You can't use carriage returns in the description field. You can't add a new appointment by starting typing. To create a new event you have to have the date and time visible where you want the appointment or use three taps to select Menu>New>Event. The calendar can't be searched at all.

In tasks you can't just start typing to create a new task. You can't use carriage returns in the task description or even have multiline descriptions at all without switching to the detail view. Even though the screen is larger, there is much less info displayed (fewer lines and fewer characters per line with no way to change the font size or line spacing.) No icon to tell you if a note is attached to a task. The tasks app does have some new features that are nicer than the old tasks app though.

Memos app is really just a post-it note app, but a pretty one. I'll have to use Docs To Go for all my old memos. Not that big a deal.

Contacts app has no categories and no way to dial numbers from the main contacts listing. You have to open the contact and then tap the number. That's not that big a deal because I'll mostly select contacts with universal search.

Overall I'd say it's the Calendar app that bugs me the most and I'm sure I'll get used to it.