1.    #1  
    Ok, so I just got my Palm Pre at Best Buy. I have been with Verizon and ported my number over and the guy told me not to play with, touch, or even turn on my phone till my Verizon phone stopped working... this is killing me!

How long is the turnaround time till my number is ported?

Also, I plugged my phone in, just to charge... and I selected English as my language and it started trying to activate and I couldn't stop it... is this gonna screw things up? The phone now says "Activation Error" I'm just waiting for my VZW phone to stop working to try again...
    I'm in the same boat. Once my other phone stops working, I'll just hit Try Again.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    My rep told me anywhere from 2 to 24 hours, but that it should be relatively quick.

Been about an hour and a half... arg.
  4.    #4  
    Same here. I was just wondering if anyone has had the experience of porting any phone from Verizon to Sprint, and how long that process took... especially if they did it through Best Buy!

>>> Waiting Patiently <<<
    I had the same problem. Call Sprint CS and they step you through a reset procedure that fixed it for me. It starts off by holding down the orange key and hitting the # key twice and enter some more codes.
    I ported from verizon this morning at a Sprint store. Rep didn't know how to do it, was calling someone to walk him thru it. I really wanted him to not touch my Pre, but he kept picking it up and setting it down on the bare counter. Argh! Anyway, same thing happened to me. But before i left the store (20 minutes?) i hit try again, and success!

Word of advice, install the 1.0.2 update before you do anything!

My phone bricked while taking a picture. I just finished the update install. hopefully things will be smoother here on out.
    I ported from verizon to sprint about 3 years ago, i just left both phones on. i disregarded the fact that they told me to turn the phone off. never had any issues.
    Our Sprint guy was excellent. He was having issues porting through Verizon (apparently, Sprint couldn't match the zip code to the number) so he did eventually have to call in and have them do it on their end. However, he stayed with us to the end, and made sure that we were completely ported before we left.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah we got my girlfriend to switch from Verizon to Sprint this morning. It was about 9am CST and it still hasn't taken affect yet. Does anyone know if it's Verizon taken a while or Sprint?
    I got mine around 8:30 and the rep said it would take 2-3 hours to port over, it's now been 4.5. Hopefully it happen relatively quick, and not over a day or anything. It's hard trying to keep my hands off this thing. (That's what she said)
  11.    #11  
    Guys, I would give Customer Service a shot like Miles suggested. I originally called CS from my Pre and it referred me to a 888-211-4727 number then followed the prompts till I got a rep. She told me that she needed my PIN and my Verizon Wireless account number. After a brief pause, she came back and said we were able to release that number from Verizon and you should receive a text message Welcoming you to Sprint by 230pm CST. If not, she said to call back. Here's hoping...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Same. Looks like VZW is having ****** fits..

got mine @ 8:45 (Central) ... it's 12:07 .. Still no port. Grrr!!
    Ugh I am so angry right now. I was porting from my parents family plan and asked my mom to write down the account number for me before I left this morning. She blindly looked at a bill and ended up writing down the invoice number for that bill, instead of the account number. So I gave the rep the invoice number and not the account number. So now I just got a call from Sprint saying Verizon told them they need more information. Damnit.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It needs to be said... VERIZONNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Edit: they needed my account password for Verizon, which the rep forgot to get from me.

No biggie, should be up and running around 3pm Central.
    Last edited by jp22382; 06/06/2009 at 12:55 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Up & Running! 3 & 1/2 hrs from when I left Best Buy... but only 30 mins after calling Customer Service. This thing is amazing!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Ok - updated. Just got a call from Sprint. A very nice lady needed my account number (again) along with the last 4 of the account holder's social sec #, along with the security code (again).

Said it should be activated at 3:17PM my time zone, with Internet less than an hour afterward..
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Up and running!!!

(lol, the manager DID say 2-4 hours).
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah just got a call from Sprint a little while ago. Said we had the account PIN wrong, so now it should be done by 3:22PM
    Hoping the VZW gets the message loud and clear. DO NOT ABANDON PALM AND GIVE US SOME GOOD DEVICES!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The sprint store is doing it for me, but I've been waiting since a little after noon. They literally gave me a loaner and sent me on my way. They'll call me when it works. I'm thinking it's a Verizon problem, but maybe I'll go back and suggest that they call Sprint customer service.