1.    #1  
    I see the little button on the bottom that seems to release the back door a few millimeters, but it is still securely attached up top.

I'm obviously missing something. Can someone help me out?
    press the button and then SLOWLY and delicately stick and slide the edge of your fingernail all along the groove between cover and phone separating them apart.
    Saw this on Dieter's video yesterday. Press the button and use a fingernail to pry the cover up on both sides.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I just posted a similar thread this morning that has tips in it.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    There are sort of 3 steps to remove the door. The hard part is getting the side latches to dis-engage.

1. push bottom button/release to open up the battery door slightly
    2. slide a fingernail (or card) up one side of the phone under the door opening; at about halfway you'll hear a "click" of the latch releasing.
    3. do the same on the other side.

I had to go to Palm's site for this. It was scary at first because the click sounds like you broke something. But I assure you, its safe. I've had to pull my battery twice already due to crashes.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah my phone isn't crashing but it's just going nuts instead.