1.    #1  
    Hey everyone

It seems that the tasks simply get sorted as they are inputted into the task management system. This is frankly a step back from the previous version that I had in my centro where I was able to sort tasks by due date and be able to only see what was due today. Can someone tell me if this same functionality is available with the pre?

Thanks so much!
    Andy K
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yes, I am having the same trouble. Right now I don't see the point of the tasks app if I can't quickly see what I have due today.
    Did anyone figure this out? This would not be good. I figured out you can drag tasks to sort them (i.e. by date) but it's a manual process for each. New tasks end up at the end. I have tasks out for 3 to 4 years from now. Do I need to drag the dates chronologically? Please tell me there is solution Palm!!!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Clearly the tasks and notes here just aren't going to cut it. If they update them and make them as awesome as the calendar, I'll be good to go. Otherwise, I might have to just resort to keeping a list of todos in a note or something.
    the how to's in the Help App has more explanation on task sorting. It seems you can drag within a task list and while it doesn't seem to work for unfiled tasks, as long as you have the task within a task list, it will tell you that day's tasks. Hope that helps.
    I think it's time for everyone to understand the Pre isn't a PIM. It's a phone, with limited organizing capability, just like the iPhone. The iPhone is it's competitor, it's mentor, and it has the same genetic parent (Rubenstein).

People keep saying things like "Palm will fix [feature] in an update, but I wouldn't count on it. I don't think the heavy PIM user is at all the market Palm is after, and I don't think they care about that market. The money's in the consumer and entertainment market, and that's where we should expect Palm to focus it's time and money.

Want a heavy-duty PIM? Then keep your Treos healthy.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yeah the lack of functionality in Tasks almost made me return the Pre. Then I checked out Remember the Milk, an on-line task manager - it's great! They are hinting that a webOS app is on it's way, in the meantime their iPhone web interface (i.rememberthemilk.com) works great on the Pre.