Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Each minute I don't do something I have to swipe up to unlock the screen. Is there a way to disable this so that it is always unlocked?
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone figured out whether or not there is a way to disable the "lock screen" that requires you to swipe upwards in order to unlock the phone? I don't like having to both wake the phone up and then unlock it. Also, I don't like swiping upwards in order to answer a call if the phone hasn't been touched for more than a minute.

Any help is appreciated!
    I don't believe there is. Personally, I find the lock screen to me effortless. To unlock the Instinct, we had to press and hold the power/lock button inorder to unlock the phone. This is much more intuitive...I almost enjoy doing it, actually haha!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    The lock screen is there to keep the phone from turning on in your pocket. You don't want to call someone in your pocket do you?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Half the time the lock screen doesn't even come up for me. I dunno why that is.
    If you open the keyboard, it wakes the phone and unlocks it for you. Maybe this is your alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The lock screen is there to keep the phone from turning on in your pocket. You don't want to call someone in your pocket do you?
    How could you even do that? The slider covers up the buttons and the screen is capacitive so only your finger could possibly call someone. I find the button lock to be unnecessary. However I do use the passcode for security, but not to keep it from dialing in my pocket.
  8.    #8  
    So the consensus is that there is no way to turn off the "slide up to unlock" feature?
    I find the slidelock to be completely useless. Even if you accidentally manage to hit power button in by accident, at worst you'll click something if you immediately take the phone out of your pocket and touch the screen.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    So the consensus is that there is no way to turn off the "slide up to unlock" feature?
    just go to screen and lock. scroll down. Whatever has a padlock next to it, simple pin is mine, tap on it, and just tap on off. That should work.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I agree. even candybar phones with buttons all over them have options to disable automatic locking. where I keep my phone, there is no way for any button to get pressed.

but with the pre, it's even less likely, because the screen is capacitive. If you somehow manage to pres the tiny button on the top corner while it's in your pocket, theres a very low chance somethign would even activate the screen.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    just go to screen and lock. scroll down. Whatever has a padlock next to it, simple pin is mine, tap on it, and just tap on off. That should work.
    Could you elaborate please? I can't picture what you are describing.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Could you elaborate please? I can't picture what you are describing.
    sorry man, I actually don't know what I'm talking about. I guess when i took my pin off, i didn't give the screen enough time to be shut off before hitting the power button again.
    I'm looking for the opposite, I'd like to have the slide to unlock any time I lock the phone.

Anyone know if there's an option to have it always come on when you hit the button on the top?
    Thanks
    Like someone said, just slide the phone open.
  16.    #16  
    Sliding the phone open doesn't disable the lock screen function, it just bypasses it.
    Last edited by Sprockethead; 06/13/2009 at 10:59 AM.
    I'd like to pile on as someone that is annoyed with the "lock" feature. I'd like a way to disable it. I've missed calls now because I don't manage to slide the slider 100.00000% to the top of the screen (sorry, 99.9% DOES NOT COUNT as an unlock gesture...).

This is probably my biggest gripe with the phone at the moment.

Justin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Half the time the lock screen doesn't even come up for me. I dunno why that is.
    Just a guess here but if you're charging the Pre via the microUSB port you are not presented with the unlock screen upon wakening the device. Might be the case for you.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    if you slide it open you dont have to worry about the screen lock. but i enjoy the screen lock.
    There is no excuse for Palm to not allow you to disable the lock. In fact, you should be able to press the button on the bottom, whatever it's called, to wake up the phone, or even just press the screen if that's what you want.
    I, too, have missed calls because the slide up feature doesn't always respond as it should.
    Pressing the power button and sliding up is an awkward combination, not to mention completely redundant.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast