Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ok, I did a search and brought this post back, is there a patch to disable the slide lock feature? I would pay for this patch. It is redundant to hit the power button to light the screen and then have to still have to slide the lock button up everytime I want to check my phone.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Everybody has their preference. I dislike the lock, worst part of the phone. But palm needs to let the user decide how the lock feature works. Its my problem if my phone calls someone in my pocket. Let me decide! Half my day the phone sits on my desk at work. Doesn't need to be locked. Again same thing at home.

The lock screen is bad, very bad
    Since the same lock feature is on the iPhone, the Droid, and every other phone of the class I've seen, I'm guessing that it's not redundant for most folks, and you are an edge case. Someone might make a patch for it, but obviously, Palm is doing what most manufacturers seem to think is the right way for the vast majority of folks.
    My BB Storm did not have one (about the only thing I liked about the phone LOL), in fact there was an App to add this feature to the Storm. I thought, who would want that, you already have a top button to activate the screen.
    What are you talk about 'Lock Screen'. If I go into 'Screens & Lock' I have 'Secure Lock' turned OFF.

The only thing I am getting is the normal keyboard protect screen that just makes you do a swipe up.

Is that what you guys are complaining about?

What happens when you put your Pre in your pocket? How do you prevent the Pre from doing random things without having the lock screen?

And there is a patch available that gives you more options plus the 'never' option, what's wrong with using that?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Yeah, the button that slides up. Once you shut you screen off, you have to press the power button to turn it back on again, so you cannot dial your phone while in your pocket.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    That patch is 'never' as far as how long until the screen turns itself off. He wants to turn the screen off, but not have to swipe up to unlock when he wants it back on.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yeah, the button that slides up. Once you shut you screen off, you have to press the power button to turn it back on again, so you cannot dial your phone while in your pocket.
    People often accidentally have the power button pressed while it's in their pocket. That's why the swipe up is also required.

You cannot dial your phone while in your pocket because the swipe up is also required, and the likelihood of a power button press, plus swipe-up within a few seconds in your pocket is extremely remote.
    Alot of people feel the same as me, much of the time my phone is not in my pocket, I, like many people, want the OPTION to disable the slide lock feature when it is not needed, not to totally delete it.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    a bit off topic but since you revived the dead, is that your 68 networkr9?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123