Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Now that some of you have your new Pre I am curious how it will work for those of us who were avid Datebk6 users? Are the calendar & tasks apps comprehensive enough to make DB6 users happy? From what I can tell the tasks app is minimal and doesn't sync to anything at this point. I see that Chapura is coming out with sync apps one of which will sync to the Palm Desktop but does not include tasks.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Now that some of you have your new Pre I am curious how it will work for those of us who were avid Datebk6 users? Are the calendar & tasks apps comprehensive enough to make DB6 users happy? From what I can tell the tasks app is minimal and doesn't sync to anything at this point. I see that Chapura is coming out with sync apps one of which will sync to the Palm Desktop but does not include tasks.
    This is one of my biggest concerns about the Pre. I love it now that I have one in hand, but the Tasks app is sparse. I may check out the new Runway app or try to keep using Datebk6 via Classic.
    My concerns exactly. It stopped me from getting the Pre. I'm so fustrated with Palm.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    This is one of my biggest concerns about the Pre. I love it now that I have one in hand, but the Tasks app is sparse. I may check out the new Runway app or try to keep using Datebk6 via Classic.
    I just took a look at Runway...looks interesting.

For the past few months I have been using Pimlical, the desktop version of Datebk6, and DB6 on my Treo 755. Great combination! The plan is to port Pimlical to many different platforms as it is Java based. I don't know if it will work on the Pre eventually.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    My concerns exactly. It stopped me from getting the Pre. I'm so fustrated with Palm.
    That's too bad since the PIM apps are what made Palm successful in the first place. I am going to try to get to a Sprint store today or tomorrow to check it out.
    I think the will be a DateBk version for the Pre before too long. I miss it as well, especially that grid weekly view that lays out my week like an old paper datebook.
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I think the will be a DateBk version for the Pre before too long. I miss it as well, especially that grid weekly view that lays out my week like an old paper datebook.
    FYI, Here is the official answer from CESD about Datebk on the Pre: Yahoo! Groups

It is going to be a while, unfortunately.