Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    So... I go in and get my Pre this morning, and on the top of the box there is a little slip the store had printed out and taped on.

Has support phone numbers, helpful stuff like that.

But on the top in bold, red text "Never remove the battery from the phone, bring it to a Sprint Service and Repair center".

The rep more or less says "don't ever remove the battery or you'll fry the phone."

WTF?

I guess that's one way to get some extra revenue into their service centers.

Anyone else told something similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    So... I go in and get my Pre this morning, and on the top of the box there is a little slip the store had printed out and taped on.

But on the top in bold, red text "Never remove the battery from the phone, bring it to a Sprint Service and Repair center".

The rep more or less says "don't ever remove the battery or you'll fry the phone."

WTF?

LMAO no. Hence the "REMOVABLE BATTERY" they have been using as a key feature against the iPhone. They lie my friend, they lie.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    well yeah i don't believe it for a second, just thought it was pretty odd and wondered if any other stores were playing the same game
    I already removed my battery. Still works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post

WTF?

Rep was forced to restart mine by taking out the battery. And he didnt put the back on properly
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    There is a way to restart without pulling out the battery.
    Find Device Info
    Scroll down the the bottom and Find "Reset Options"

Also I wouldn't suggest pulling out battery during middle of update.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    When I bought mine at the spring store the reps were saying "DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY! You will lose all your information and the phone with crash and be locked and you will have to bring it back." They were really adamant about it too.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I locked my up futzing with the touchstone. Popped the battery out and in, no problem.
    Yeah, got the smae warning from the rep. Phone bricked within 15 minutes of playing with it. completely locked up. So i did what anyone else would do, i removed the battery.

Alls well now. So what is all the BS about not removing the battery?
    I was told the same thing!!!
    There must have been a memo that came out first thing this morning! lol
    The rep told me that it takes a lot longer to restart if you take the battery out. He said ~15 minute restart as opposed to ~3 minutes if you do it without removing the battery.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Weird, they told me the same, that removing the battery would hard reset the phone and potentially fry it.....
    Well, it's not all that safe to remove the battery with the way the file architecture works, probably. Dieter mentioned something about it being a bad idea to just pull the battery in a video as well.

Either hold the power button down and turn the device off before you remove the battery, or if you're pulling to reset, hold the power button down and slide the ringer switch back and forth three times to reset the phone.
    why would sprint.com sell a standard pre battery if we're not supposed to remove them?
    Wow, you people are really being a little crazy. They clearly mean to not remove the battery while the device is on.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I was also told not to remove the battery for any reason, under any circumstances. I'm about to pull it right now though, because my Pre won't turn on.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    i pulled mine because mine wouldn't turn on after it was supposed to reboot
    Guys,

I took the battery out and my pre exploded. I am covered in plastic shards. Please help!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    orange+sym+r will restart too
    but don't do orange+sym+r (or the power button wiggle) unless holding down the power button and tapping 'power off' fails
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast