1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed a white discoloration near the bottom of the screen, just above the gesture area? It's not bad, but it's noticeable, on lighter colored screens especially. It looks like it may have been pressed too hard or something, but nothing I did this morning could have caused that.

Anyone else notice anything like this on their new Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a white discoloration near the bottom of the screen, just above the gesture area? It's not bad, but it's noticeable, on lighter colored screens especially. It looks like it may have been pressed too hard or something, but nothing I did this morning could have caused that.

Anyone else notice anything like this on their new Pre?
    Seems common to most of the devices. Mine too. I think we are calling "Light Leak". LOL

Not sure what it is or what is causing it. Maybe the gesture area under there?
    Yes. See the buglist thread.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Damn... just.....damn....
    Its inevitable, if I understand you correctly, I have yet to see a device with LCD has no more or less such problem, computer or cellphone
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Its inevitable, if I understand you correctly, I have yet to see a device with LCD has no more or less such problem, computer or cellphone
    Although some devices do a better job than others...
  7.    #7  
    Okay. It's not a huge deal or anything, and it doesn't affect how the device actually operates. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue with my phone only.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Damn... just.....damn....
    You're loving it, plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Although some devices do a better job than others...
    Yeah. Almost all LCD TVs and monitors have this to an extent. It's the nature of the beast. Sometimes there can be slight variability from device to device for the same product. I'm wondering if this is the case with the Pre, as the "leak" on mine is only noticeable unless I really look for it. That or I'm just blind.
    I have it on mine, I compared it two 3 other palms, they all had some extra light on the bottom which is a normal to have on any backlight screen, but mine was the most savere with spherical blotches that are lighter than the rest of the screen, it's more or less noticable depending on the image being displayed. I may see if I can exchange the device when they get more in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I load the clock to full screen (which is all black) and have virtually no bleed - I mean I have to look really hard to determine if it is bleed or not. Mine was made on May 10.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    It appears that i too have one of these leaks. It is along the bottom right of the screen, and it seems to be coming out further into the middle of the screen, very slowly. At first, i thought nothing of it, but as i noticed that it was getting bigger, i've decided to take it in and exchange it for a new one either today or tomorrow.