Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Seriously.
    I have absolutely zero complaints with this phone, this thing is aaaaaaawwwweeessssooommeeee!!!!!!!

Does not feel cheap at all.

What "sharp edge" near the keyboard? The edge of the phone? Really dude?

Small keyboard? This is my first smart phone and my first phone with a keyboard and I have zero issues with it. I typed a email to my sister using the email app and it was a breeze and near flawless.

A Cnet guy thought they should have put the ear phone jack on the bottom? Really? Why would I want my phone upside down when I'm listening to music and it's in my pocket? That comment is just straight up dumb.

The only real issue I have is fingerprints. Yea, fingerprints. Does that even count as a complaint on a phone, I do have to touch it after all.

After using this phone and then thinking about some of the pre-launch reviews, it seems obvious that the reviewers currently have iPhones and are locked into a contract, that's the only way you can see those above issues warranting discussion.

This thing rocks. Good job Palm, good job Sprint.
    it will def take me some time getting used too it but so far I like it alot. I think im doing better typing with one hand than using both but im sure that will change over time
    I get that it can feel cheap, the unit is great but the slider can be kinda soft-ish and wobbly in some positions.

The keyboard is good though. Saying it's impossible to type on like Gizmodo is ridiculous.

I don't mind the fingerprints because they're not as bad as I thought they would be (think original PSP).
    Well, just to give you an idea, I've had too many phones to count. Most memorable would be the iPhone, and two iPhone 3G's. So far, this phone has impressed me the most. I love the size, the features and the quality of the device. And, so far, it burys the iPhone IMO. Other opinions may vary, but I'm happy with it so far!
    I didn't think the bottom of the keyboard was sharp at all. It actually felt fine. I have never used a qwerty keyboard ever and I have fat fingers. I had no problem typing my Palm profile in this morning. Maybe the reviewers didn't get the final version. I love how the keyboard slides open and close so easy, but locks in place great. The play time has come, at least tonight I will be able to play with my new toy, after my daughters birthday party.
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    A Cnet guy thought they should have put the ear phone jack on the bottom? Really? Why would I want my phone upside down when I'm listening to music and it's in my pocket? That comment is just straight up dumb.
    You're kidding, right? Is there someone actually stupid enough to want the jack on the bottom? I've hated the bottom placement of the jack on Treos for years, and could never understand how Palm and other manufacturers could miss such an obvious design flaw.

Thank you, Palm, for displeasing CNet.
    Distorted screens, dead pixels, multiple crashing while launching the browser and in the midst of updating, overheating and light leakage near the bottom of the screen....... BUT OTHER THAN THAT, dude, the phone is awesomeness!!!!
    I guess I can see where they say there is the sharp edge, but that is if you are really looking for something to knock on the phone, it's not really an issue. The keyboard isnt as raised or clicky as my blackberry curve which I prefer over the pre, but it's nothing I can't get used to.

Build quality seems decent but because of the slider and it being thin I can see that it is a bit more delicate a phone than my bb.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Agreed. Although they are entitiled to their opinions, they seem baseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Agreed. Although they are entitiled to their opinions, they seem baseless.
    It's entitled. just teasing man. lol.
    you can wobble the bottom part of the slider a little bit but isn't that kinda expected without any resistance from a side? Also the bottom lip does have quite a fine edge to it, but nothing that will hurt your hands with usage. And yeah phone jack on top is better, that's one of the things I hated about my Treo(jack on the bottom).
    It will take me a day or two to get the keyboard down, but all the other complaints was just pure BS.
    It took me forever to open up the USB door! Its kind of stiff
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    It will take me a day or two to get the keyboard down, but all the other complaints was just pure BS.
    No light leakage, distorted screen crashing or overheating for you huh? or dead pixels?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    No light leakage, distorted screen crashing or overheating for you huh? or dead pixels?
    I don't have distorted screen or dead pixels. I do have the device getting kinda warm, but I have been using it for an hour or two straight, so I don't know if it's a common problem.

So the only thing I've experienced in your list is light leakage. I was told that I had too many cards with only 2...I know I was doing some crazy things in the browser quickly (loading sites, bookmarking them, typing fast, loading site, bookmarking x 30 times), but damn!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I gotta say I can see where the edges of the keyboard feel sharp to someone but its no where near as bad as the Gizmodo guy made it out to be. Its a minor inconvenience at best. In fact I love the keyboard, perhaps because this is my first smart phone. I also agree this in no way feels cheap.

I do take issue with the HORRIBLE design of the USB charger door. Fort Knox would be easier to break into
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Look everyone...all of the different negative comments are OPINIONS...so you are welcome to disagree with them but to think someone is crazy to feel a certain way is lame...the important thing is that you love your phone...
    Ha..i was right on about that door. But it sucks worse than i imagined it would.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Distorted screens, dead pixels, multiple crashing while launching the browser and in the midst of updating, overheating and light leakage near the bottom of the screen....... BUT OTHER THAN THAT, dude, the phone is awesomeness!!!!
    Dude, take it back and exchange it for a new one.
    treobk214 isn't even pretending to not be a closet Apple fanboy anymore...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast