Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    Dude, take it back and exchange it for a new one.
    He doesn't have one.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    He doesn't have one.
    And I was just in another thread and he was bashing the headphones which I think are great! The dudes an iPhone plant or something. I was watching the YouTube Star Wars KOTOR Trailer and they sound amazing actually!

Did the iPhone come with a set of ear buds that were also hands free?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How does the keyboard compare to the iphone. When you have the iphone vertically, is the pre's keys bigger -- easier to type on?

Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Well, just to give you an idea, I've had too many phones to count. Most memorable would be the iPhone, and two iPhone 3G's. So far, this phone has impressed me the most. I love the size, the features and the quality of the device. And, so far, it burys the iPhone IMO. Other opinions may vary, but I'm happy with it so far!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I love the keyboard. Coming from a Centro, this thing is a breeze. I'm not making any mistakes at all, and I'm moving fast.

CNET's review basically said that keyboard was so cramped that it's unusable. I'm 6-foot tall and have big hands and this keyboard is a dream.

I have a feeling that CNET didn't even use the keyboard; they're just disappointed that it wasn't as big as the iPhone's less-usable virtual keyboard.
    And I was just in another thread and he was bashing the headphones which I think are great! The dudes an iPhone plant or something.
    LOL. Check him out in the "stuck pixel" thread. Every time anyone has any problem, he says "I was afraid of that", "I feel for you", or some such nonsense. He's trying to fan the flames. He's definitely a plant. No one else would take such joy pointing negatives things out for a phone they haven't even held (on a Saturday morning no less).
    Quote Originally Posted by purell View Post
    How does the keyboard compare to the iphone. When you have the iphone vertically, is the pre's keys bigger -- easier to type on?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I have a feeling that CNET didn't even use the keyboard; they're just disappointed that it wasn't as big as the iPhone's less-usable virtual keyboard.
    It's actually the exact same size as the iPhone virtual keyboard in the default portrait mode (i.e. the distance between the W and P keys is the same, between the A and L keys is the same, etc.). It's certainly no more difficult than the iPhone. If anything it's easier, for me at least, simply because I can feel what I'm pressing.
    Can't take it back here in Rochester, they are sold out everywhere....so I'm gonna figure it out, cause I frickin love it, play around for a week or two and then it goes back for a new one minus the dead pixel. It's an awesome phone and it's also the 1st shipments. I'm cool knowing that a few of the hundreds of thousands have manufacturing errors. Logic says the that process is not prefect...hehehe

Maybe he shouldn't have had so much coffee?
    LOL. Check him out in the "stuck pixel" thread. Every time anyone has any problem, he says "I was afraid of that", "I feel for you", or some such nonsense. He's trying to fan the flames. He's definitely a plant. No one else would take such joy pointing negatives things out for a phone they haven't even held (on a Saturday morning no less).
    Lol. He's actually just observing all the problems being encountered on this thing. He's just reporting the FACTS ( or some such nonsense), SO HE MUST BE A PLANT! lol. You guys are goofy mothas...
    No problems for me either. I think I'll get used to this keyboard pretty easily (I am typing this on it now). Build quality is excellent IMO, can't really figure out what anyone has to complain about. MUCH better quality than my Touch Pro. And I think the slider is great too (just try a Touch Pro sometime). Wow - the screen is excellent!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Lol. He's actually just observing all the problems being encountered on this thing. He's just reporting the FACTS ( or some such nonsense), SO HE MUST BE A PLANT! lol. You guys are goofy mothas...
    You're not reporting any facts. You're just collecting concerns people have, then running around echoing them under the guise of concern. On a Saturday morning. For a phone you don't have. And you have a history of obliquely bashing it, like last night when you made up that story that the guy at Best Buy told you that Verizon was getting a super-Pre in 6 months. LOL.

No one is fooled anymore. Obvious plant is obvious.
    Well, I have an iPhone and a Bold, and now the Pre. Right now, I have to say the Pre is a winner as far as the operating system. Love how you can keep one app open in the background while you do something else. The syncronicity (sp?) of contacts, while not necessarily useful for me, can be a big advantage. The BB is still the king as far as email goes. I'm still transferring things to the Pre to see how it does multi-media wise; but if Palm gets it's act together and ponies up on the available apps, the Pre may be somewhat of a winner for me (I still need the instance of email of the BB though).

One I get media on here, I'll share whatever comparison I can give.
    Well he is right, mine is suffering from a defect in the screen. No matter whether the phone is on or off I have a white dot under the screen that won't go away. Not saying the phone sucks, stuff like this happens. As long as Sprint is cool about it I got no problems with them or the Pre. I love this thing other wise.
    treobk214 isn't even pretending to not be a closet Apple fanboy anymore...
    Northside seems to be just southside of the looney bin, folks.
    He doesn't have one.
    Northside is funny. Apparently he claims to be able to clairvoyantly see from miles away whether or not people buy or don't buy the pre.

Loony bin I say.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    It took me forever to open up the USB door! Its kind of stiff
    Haha...I was terrified when that thing finally opened and I thought I had broken it! I was sitting there saying...Ok I see that touchstone things rationale now, it's to prevent a stroke! ;=)

This is my very first smartphone and so far I really find it very easy to use. I cannot say that about all the others I have tried.

I did not even expect to get it today. I figured I'd never get one as I refused to go early etc but I though eh well maybe I'll check it out.

Called my corp store in Westbury NY today and asked if I came over would I still be able to get one and this was after 1000 and they said yes and it was true. The process was very orderly and the only hold up was me not having my Verizon acct # but they had a computer there and I quickly was able to grab that online vs. calling cust support.

It feels so nice in hand and I was able to type in all the info I needed without trouble under pressure of sales rep waiting so I know it will be fine. I cannot even begin to tell you the horror I experienced with many other keyboards.

I am not getting a signal in my basement although Wi-Fi is fine and this is a perfect example of why I wanted Wi-Fi on a cellphone. I'll have to play with the coverage thing a bit more to know if I am having a problem.

Just love it so far on all levels.
    Im loving the phone so far. But i have this super bright circle in the bottom left corner of the screen. Its like backlight bleed. Its not noticeable on the home screen, but it sticks out like a sore thumb with light and dark colors. What to do....
    You're not reporting any facts. You're just collecting concerns people have, then running around echoing them under the guise of concern. On a Saturday morning. For a phone you don't have. And you have a history of obliquely bashing it, like last night when you made up that story that the guy at Best Buy told you that Verizon was getting a super-Pre in 6 months. LOL.

No one is fooled anymore. Obvious plant is obvious.

The story was NOT made up. Again, you are talking BS. Were you there? Do you know for a FACT whether or not I bought the pre today? Can you tell me with 100 % certainty that I don't have one in my hand right now?

Blowhards are amusing.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Seriously.
    I have absolutely zero complaints with this phone, this thing is aaaaaaawwwweeessssooommeeee!!!!!!!

Does not feel cheap at all.

What "sharp edge" near the keyboard? The edge of the phone? Really dude?

Small keyboard? This is my first smart phone and my first phone with a keyboard and I have zero issues with it. I typed a email to my sister using the email app and it was a breeze and near flawless.

A Cnet guy thought they should have put the ear phone jack on the bottom? Really? Why would I want my phone upside down when I'm listening to music and it's in my pocket? That comment is just straight up dumb.

The only real issue I have is fingerprints. Yea, fingerprints. Does that even count as a complaint on a phone, I do have to touch it after all.

After using this phone and then thinking about some of the pre-launch reviews, it seems obvious that the reviewers currently have iPhones and are locked into a contract, that's the only way you can see those above issues warranting discussion.

This thing rocks. Good job Palm, good job Sprint.

i just got the phone home and i must admit i dont know what these guys were on about - it doesn't feel CHEAP! the edges are a bit sharp, there isn't been any sluggishness using the OS - the keyboard isn't bad at all - Coming from a curve 8330 So far i love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The story was NOT made up. Again, you are talking BS. Were you there? Do you know for a FACT whether or not I bought the pre today? Can you tell me with 100 % certainty that I don't have one in my hand right now?

Blowhards are amusing.
    I can say with 100% certainty that you do not have a pre. Please prove me wrong and post a picture of your pre showing this post.

I'll just go ahead and apply your same argument to the crap posts you've been spewing all over this board. Have you personally seen any of these pre issues you speak of? Can you say with certaintly they are common to all devices or are they just one off defects? "Were you there?"

Don't you have anything better to do on a saturday morning/afternoon? The rest of us are gadget geeks excited about our new pres. But you're just the opposite, like the anti-pre lover. Exchanging our excitement for the pre is fun for us. Is it fun for you to just be negative about a device you don't like and don't have?
    Anyone that has ever held an iphone or a bb storm will think the pre feels cheap. When I slide the keyboard out and lightly squeeze the bottom of the keypad, it squeeks. Who designed the bottom? General Motors!?!?!?1?!?!?/

And the edges are sharp. I think you could get a paper cut if you aren't careful.

And the keypad is small. This has been well documented. I don't see how anyone can rant against this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast