Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    After setting up my contacts with Gmail import and a facebook import I ran the updates app and clicked "download now" for the .2 update. Now the phone says its downloading the update but the screen seems locked to that update screen. I cant multitask, and after a few minutes I became concerned and tried to turn it off with the power switch.. no dice. So did I lock up my Pre already or are just to many people trying to download the update? Should I take it back to Sprint or just take the battery out?

Now I'll look for an online guide.
    switch to (turn on) wifi if available.. much faster... seems you can do it mid download and it switches over and speeds up. Now THAT is multitasking!
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    if thats the case then I just locked up my Pre LOL. It wont let me do anything right now.
    same thing happened to me. 5 fkin times. had to pop the battery out.
    Don't bother with the update until late tonight or a few days IMO. Everyone and their brother is probably screwing with it right now.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'll give it 20 minutes (its on the charger anyway) and if its still frozen I guess unplug it and pop the battery out.
    i just downloaded the update on wifi. took like 2 mins.
    So far the pre is locking up, showing light leakage, overheating and causing distortion on the screen.... oh and crashing while trying to update..... Folks..........YIKES!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    i just downloaded the update on wifi. took like 2 mins.
    same here. NO problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    So far the pre is locking up, showing light leakage, overheating and causing distortion on the screen.... oh and crashing while trying to update..... Folks..........YIKES!!!!!!!
    I'm having problems too. I'm having screen distortion towads the bottom of the screen. I also have around 20-30 messed up pixels, its locking up, browser screwing up.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    took the battery out and its working fine now. I'll go back for the update later when Ive setup wifi
    I just installed the update. ill mess with it and let you guys know if it locks up after 1.0.2 update.
    No issues updating to 1.0.2 on the 2 Pres I have. Everything is smooth sailing so far...
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    After I turned on wifi the download went a lot faster. It took about 10 or so minutes for the install to complete.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Do you live under a dark cloud?
    You are such a troll. Learn a new trick. Just because some users are experiencing light problems doesn't mean much.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I just installed the update. ill mess with it and let you guys know if it locks up after 1.0.2 update.
    just opened 10 apps and have been messing wiith everything. NO CRASHES!!! 1.0.2 is much better.
    Hmm, why is it my phone has 1.0.2 already? Did my Sprint store rep already do it for me before handing me the phone?

I was very impressed with the customer service at the Willowbrook store in Houston. So far I am loving the phone and Sprint service seems quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Hmm, why is it my phone has 1.0.2 already? Did my Sprint store rep already do it for me before handing me the phone?

I was very impressed with the customer service at the Willowbrook store in Houston. So far I am loving the phone and Sprint service seems quite good.
    1.0.2 was not ready when the first batch were manufactured. There was talk of having Sprint update them all or even (yikes!) having UPS do the update. I can't imagine asking a shipping company to update phones, but folks have said it was a plan. Mine came with 1.0.1 but I'm downloading the update as we speak, over EvDO. It's 67 MB. Glad my data is unlimited!