Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to set MP3 as ringtone? Cant seem to figure it out.

    Also i searched the forum and cant find it anywhere.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by em.eggers View Post
    Anyone know how to set MP3 as ringtone? Cant seem to figure it out.

    Also i searched the forum and cant find it anywhere.
    me either or MIDI. i pressed the + button but nothing. but i don't have any media on my 7GB yet but still should show something. anyone?
  3. #3  
    There is a ring tone folder on the device try throwing one in there and see if it shows up in the list.
  4. wjclint's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by em.eggers View Post
    Anyone know how to set MP3 as ringtone? Cant seem to figure it out.

    Also i searched the forum and cant find it anywhere.
    Two ways that I see - 1) connect as a usb device and just copy your mp3 to the ringtone folder; or 2) in your ringtone list tap on the add icon in the lower left and select your mp3 from the list which should include any mp3 on your device.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    Two ways that I see - 1) connect as a usb device and just copy your mp3 to the ringtone folder; or 2) in your ringtone list tap on the add icon in the lower left and select your mp3 from the list which should include any mp3 on your device.
    oh ok. believe it or not i have had the phone since 9am and havent even connected it to PC yet.
  6. #6  
    so the question then is. how do you save a file you were emailed to the phone? i emailed my self an mp3 but there is no way to save it. I thought you could do this and save to the phone and use as a ringtone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    so the question then is. how do you save a file you were emailed to the phone? i emailed my self an mp3 but there is no way to save it. I thought you could do this and save to the phone and use as a ringtone.
    i tried the same thing to no avail. even FrankenGarnet could do that.

    ALSO - can someone see if a MIDI will work as a ringtone and let me know?
  8. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #8  
    OK, everybody go to the Amazon MP3 store and download Super Villain by Powerman 5000.

    Best ringtone ever!
  9. kmmill00's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #9  
    Can we not download ringtones from sprint.com anymore?
  10. #10  
    You can add an mp3 ringtone by adding the file you want to use as a ringtone to your music library.

    to do this:
    - plug your computer in to USB
    - choose media sync mode (and add the ringtone via iTunes)
    - OR: choose drive mode and copy the file anywhere on the Pre

    now when you go to the ringtone picker, tap the musical note button at the bottom of the screen to add the file
  11. #11  
    I posted this in another thread but here you go!

    ok... I thought it might be useful to let everyone know that you can use myxer.com for free ringtones or creating your own. If you create your own I think it would save a lot of space on your pre, since you are only putting a 30 sec clip of what you want instead of having to put the entire mp3 on it.

    So you would just upload it, pick the part of the song you would like and click on the "iphone" check box. it will then propmt you to download the m4r file. Save it to your desktop and then plug in your pre to your pc and select usb drive and cut and paste the files into your ringtone folder. bada bing bada boom... small clips for ring tones.

    I love the benny hill theme as a ring tone but 263kb is better than 4.15mb

    I havent tried to add the ringtones to my itunes and sync that way but I'm sure it should work too.
  12. asnigro's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #12  
    I cannot get midi ringtones to load. Anyone else???

Posting Permissions