Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm sitting here like a kid on Christmas Eve. Sitting at home, looking at this virgin, sealed Pre box (shiny new Pre inside).

I'm not even opening the box .. I'm just gunna pay the bill. Total Protection!!!

In seriousness (I didn't mean the last sentence), I'm porting over from VZW. They told me I couldn't even TURN ON the phone until the VZW phone stops working (i.e. the port over went through). 2-4 hours.

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Anyone know if I put it on the charger, if it will charge and NOT turn on the phone???
    I also ported over from Verizon and Sprint told me just the opposite -- i.e., that I must leave my Pre on until the port went through. Since my port occurred within minutes of my getting the phone, I didn't really have to worry about it. I'm now charging and playing.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    An hour .. and I'm still waiting for the port to go through.. What's the worst that can happen if I turn this thing on?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Found out. It won't activate. Duuh But at least it's charging so WHEN the line ports over ... it'll have bettery. That touchstone charger is pretty neat. I need to figure out how many volts it puts out (hehe, the tech in me).

Sprint.com doesn't know my phone number yet. Hopefully he didn't screw it up..
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Im in the same boat porting from Tmobile. I am charging my phone but afraid to get pass language setting. I was told that it'll get screwy if I mess w/ pre before porting the number. Anyone having problem playing with pre before getting the number port?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Still waiting. Called manager of the store I bought it at, and he said to call back when 4 hours had accrued (which is in an hour), and they'd call in to the porting group to see how long it was going to be..

Moving this to this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...me-length.html
    Last edited by rposa; 06/06/2009 at 12:25 PM.