webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Buglist for Pre
Buglist for Pre

Old 06/06/2009, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It's hard to separate the phone from the software at this point. I thought about putting this in the software section, but I guess it could be hardware related, too. And many people will miss it if it is in the software section. So here goes:

Do you have any bugs on your Pre that you can reproduce? Post them, and I'll edit this post and make a list.

1. Light leakage at the bottom of the screen.

2. Dead pixels.

3. When entering data into a form field on a web page, they symbol key doesn't work (clicking on a symbol does nothing). See bug #70 below.

4. When entering data into a form field on a web page, the cut-and-paste Edit menu items don't work. (However, the cut-and-paste shortcuts do work.)

5. When web browsing in wide screen mode, if you click on a picture or link that opens up into another card, the new card opens the other way. You have to turn the screen back upright, and then back to wide view for it to flip. Seems like if you are already browsing in wide, new cards would open the same way.

6. Whenever I open or close the slider, the screen fades out and turns black but you can tell it was still lit. It would be like that for a second or two and then turn off. You then had to use the power button to turn it back on. Others are having the same issue (see these links):
http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-culprit.html
http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hes-phone.html

7. When entering data into a form field in landscape mode, left-right cursor movement and text selection is done by swiping up and down (on the horizontal screen) rather than left and right. In other words, these controls are stuck in what makes sense for portrait mode. (Cursor movement may be the only data entry that makes sense in landscape mode.)

8. When choosing a ringer or alarm sound, and you click on the play button of the built-in sounds, then click on the button in the bottom-left to use an mp3, and click on the play button of the mp3, the built-in sound does not stop and continues to play.

9. Will not allow an IP address to be used when setting up an EAS email account. If the value in the server field does not have a .com or all numbers you can not save the account settings. This also seems to be a bug when setting up an imap account.

10. While in another app a notification comes in of an SMS. I tap the notification to read the sms and the Messaging app is moved to the last card. This may happen with other apps like Email but I've only tested with sms. I think cards should stay in the order the user has them arranged.

11. If I create a calendar entry (on the Pre) that is an All Day Event on October 31, 2009 (Halloween) and set it to repeat every year on Oct. 31, the darn thing gets moved to November 1! Same with March 17, 2009 (St. Patrick's Day). They do stay on their respective dates if the entry is not set to repeat, however.

12. Duplicate of Bug #8 deleted.

13. The alarm I set for 7 am weekdays woke me up right at 7 this morning - but it is Sunday.

14. I put birthdays for my contacts using Google Contacts. When I sync, all changes show up on my phone except for the birthdays. The field in contacts for birthday is left blank, and the birthday will not show up on the calendar either. So this is a definite bug of birthdays not syncing thru google contacts. Also, if you manually type them into the contacts on your phone, it will not sync to the calendar.

15. Noise through the headset jack when using headphones or outputting via the headphone jack to a stereo.

16. Mute Switch doesn't turn off sound for everything. Music and videos will still play. I understand that this is a feature and not a bug; I'll leave it here for informational purposes, so people know that it is intentional and that their phone is not defective.

17. When browsing to a link of a PDF on a website, the PDF app does not associate with the PDF URL and give you a "This file type cannot be opened" type error.

18. Enter a "t" in a stored phone number for a pause. This is not a bug. Commas do not work. If you try and redial that number in the phone app by pushing the green phone icon only the main number is dialed, not the rest of the string.

19. I think I found a bug with the facebook contact syncing. First sync works fine, all contacts are fetched. However, if you add a contact to facebook and then tell it to sync again, nothing happens.

20. Added a number to a facebook contact through the messaging program. Found out I added it to the wrong contact, so I deleted the number and added it to the correct contact. Now, when I get a phone call from that number, it has the wrong person's picture, but the right name.

21. The one time sync with my Centro screwed everything up. Weekly alarms that were set for Thursday were all moved to Wednesday. Birthdays are all gone. Multiple contact entries of the same person. Contacts list wound up with all sorts of names and emails of people I've never heard of before (about 100). All of my task folders (15) were eliminated and all tasks wound up on one "unfiled" list (literally hundreds of tasks will have to be manually resorted and filed into the proper folders.

22. While in a phone call, I took the phone away from my ear to tap the screen to end the call. I've been able to do this successfully, and the phone recognizes when it has been taken away from your ear by lighting the screen back up to allow you to hit the "buttons" on the screen. This time, however, it started flickering off and on, and I couldn't hit the hang up button. I was able to exit the phone function using the Center Button to enter the card screen, but the phone call continued until the other person hung up. I tried again and this problem repeated. This looks like it's a problem that's unique (so far) to the phone function.

23. Phone freezes if battery is allowed to die.

24. If using espn.com (maybe other websites too) and I have a page open, I will often lock the phone and put it in my pocket. When I pull the phone back out to recheck the score on the already open browser, I CAN'T! If I refresh the page, the browser locks up. I am often forced to close the browser and reopen it.

25. I was paging through the calendar day-by-day and noticed that several were missing...yet each time that I switched to "week view", I could see an all-day event on the day that I just scrolled by without any events. I'd click the day on the week view and the Pre would switch to the day view and *then* I would see it. If I page day-by-day to the next day that has an all-day event, I have at most a 50% chance of seeing the event on the calendar...but if I screw with switching the "calendars displayed" drop-down list from "all" to something else and then back to "all", it then shows up. Same thing with switching to week view and drilling back into day view.

26. When connecting to Exchange for mail and calendar, the corporate global address book is synced to my device. That's about 500 email addresses I don't need to have in my list, but it looks like the only way to get rid of it is to remove the exchange account, removing the contacts, schedule, and email, no good.

27. The problem I'm having - and I've recreadted it on all three of our Pre's - is that when there is an overlapping event (i.e. two events scheduled at the same time) they show up properly on the weekly view, but on the daily view you might get one or none and the view is grayed out except for a light band at the bottom of the screen.

28. PNG images do not appear to work with the photo app and cannot be used for backgrounds. They are recognized by other apps like the email app, which gives you the option to save a PNG image to your photos but it doesn't work.

29. When trying to go through contacts, if I go back after opening a contact it takes me to the middle of my contacts in the letter f. The other bug I have been coming accross is when scrolling through contacts it sometimes just goes to a white screen on that card and I have to close it before I can open it again.

30. In Contacts, standard format US numbers format nicely so you can read them. But if you need to enter an extension for someone on a PBX, it smushes the whole thing down into a difficult-to-read string of numbers with no spaces or punctuation. Even If you manually enter dashes, spaces, etc, they get stripped out.

31. I don't know if this has been pointed out or not, but when I remove an event from the calendar that has an alarm associated with it, the event gets removed, but the alarm will continue to go off. If it make a difference: when this happened, the event was removed using google calendar.

32. I keep links to weather radar pages which are run by animated gifs. They don't seem to work on the Pre yet, we just get the first frame.

33. Email notifications not appearing when they are set to appear.

34. When I get notifications (i.e. a new email) and I am doing something else on the phone, if I don't attend to it - it does what it's supposed to do at first, which is shrink down to a little icon in the gesture area. If I turn off my phone (still without addressing the email or msg) and turn it back on, it will still show missed mail notification, but after I unlock the screen, the notification disappears even tho I have yet to click on it. One of my open cards is email, but I make sure I do not go to that card so I can test if the notification will stay there, which it does not.

35. When an email account is set to pull manually - that does not work. This was listed in another post and changing it to a set time does seem to work.

36. Tasks - No ability to set task reminder time. I use Exchange and have reminders for tasks set for certain times - those times do not transfer to the Pre. If a task is set for today, you get a reminder today even if you asked for a reminder at 7:00PM.

37. I've copied a bunch of photos to my Pre over USB so I can attach them to various entries in Contacts. I go to edit an entry, tap the little picture icon, choose the folder I copied them into, select the photo, adjust it as needed and tap Attach. The photo shows up fine, but once I tap Done the photo disappears. I go back into Edit, and it's gone from there too. Repeated attempts to reattach the file don't seem to help, and I've tried fiddling with different image sizes just in case to no avail.

38. Multiple users are reporting that even if synergy pulls all of the contacts you have on facebook (which, totally sucks), it doesn't always pull all the pictures.

39. I opened navigation first, then started streaming. They both worked fine. Therefore, whatever else you want to open has to be done prior to streaming. This is obviously some sort of bug since multiple programs and streaming can work, as long as streaming not opened first.

40. I'm a moderator for a Yahoo! Group, so when somebody on moderation tries to post a message to the group, I get an e-mail asking me to approve or deny it before the message posts to the group. The problem is, the Pre e-mail program does not read these approval e-mails correctly. If you've never seen one, it is a plain text e-mail from Yahoo! Groups and it tells you there is a pending message, gives you the first so many lines of the message, gives you links and instructions on how to approve it, and then gives you an attachment of the entire message in case you want to approve it via e-mail instead of on the Web site. Pre's e-mail program is only showing me the attachment of the entire message, starting with the full header (which you don't even normally see in the approval e-mails) and then giving you the full text. It does not show you the first part of the e-mail that contains the links to approve the message via Web or e-mail!

41. The browser has this issue where if you click on a hover dropdown item, it will go to the link on the item you clicked as opposed to just opening dropdown. It does actually open the dropdown but it immediately goes to the link afterwards.

42. I walk to work during my commute and listen to the music on my Pre (with it in my pants pocket) as I would with an iphone. I skip a few tracks with no problem, but then notice that tracks are skipping by themselves. I take my phone out and see that the screen is on and it has opened up multiple applications and jumping tracks randomly. I thought it was just b/c I forgot to turn my screen off so I turn off screen and put it back in my pocket, a little while later, same problem. It seems the earphones button to skip tracks sometimes turns on the Pre screen, which it should not be doing. Also skipping tracks sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. If I pausing music (with the microphone button) for more than 5-10 secs, I can not get my Pre to resume playback by pushing the button again. The only way I can do this is by turning on the screen and then the button magically works again. At random points, the button will just stop working altogether unless I turn the Pre back on.

43. PDF Viewer Bugs: Going to a bookmark does not actually go to that page number, but adds that page number to your current page (ex: Initially going to a bookmark for 59 will bring you to page 60, then tap it again for page 119, etc). Pages show up blank after the first in certain PDFs. Application crashes on certain pages of certain PDFs.

44. If you have 2 Exchange accounts setup on the Pre, searching through the global address book only provides results for the first exchange account that exists, even if you are writing an email using the second exchange account. Its either that or the global address search is only searching what is setup as the default account.

45. After linking contacts manually then going back to the contact list, it does not place me where I left off but rather a lot of scrolls worth up the contact list from that last point. This is annoying if you have over 1000 contacts and you are trying to clean it up by ensuring they are all linked properly.

46. When browsing a page that has links that open popups, a unique situation happens. In my case, the link opens a popup, but that popup is a warning page that requires me to click continue to view the real popup I want. In this situation, the button is not clicking no matter how I try to press it.

47. Removing a contact from AIM does not remove it from the Pre contact list when it is synced. However, the Pre does not allow you to delete AIM contacts from the list at all. The only way I have been able to remove them is by delinking the AIM account completely and then setting it up again. This removes ALL AIM contacts, and then resets it with the current AIM list. Very annoying when you realize this after you have linked each AIM contact you want with its corresponding full contact in the list!

48. One particular event would not synch back to the google calendar, though other events would... the difference was that this entry used the '&' symbol in the title. Once I removed that and substituted with 'and' the event synched. UPDATE: Creating a NEW Event/Appointment in the Pre Calendar with symbols (did not test all symbols) in EITHER the Event Name (aka Title) or Event Notes (aka Detail), the "Pre-created" event will NOT sync to Google Calendar(s).

49. The e-mail program does not automatically sync subfolders (i.e. a Inbox.Group folder) - only syncs the top-level Inbox folder - whether it is set on PUSH or 1 hour or 6 hours or whatever. These folders only check for messages when you go into each one in the e-mail program, which checks for new messages whenever you enter a folder no matter what the settings are.

50. In email replies, the header info of the prior email I am responding to does not appear... it says " XYZ" said:... but no date, subject, etc.... Some of the info appears if you do a forward, instead of a reply, but the date and time of the original email is missing.... There is a similar issue with all prior email in the repsonse being mixed together in one string and all formatting, including hard returns, lost. See PreCentral and Palm Forum Links below on this issue: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ambled-up.html http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...cending&page=1

51. Deleted.

52. If you have same names listed in your contacts with a different suffix (Sr., Jr., III) it merges them together. My father and I have the same name and when I try to add him as a contact it attaches all his information to me.

53. There is *no* way to set a proxy for the browser. So if I am connected to a wireless network which uses proxy, I simply cannot use it. This is a major functionality miss IMO.

54. I had my system sounds set to about 50%, and after a power off and power on, it was set to 100% again.

55. There seems to be a memory leak. Several people have reported that they get a warning that too many cards are open, but they have few or none open. A reset fixes the problem.

56. If you create the appointment with invites in Outlook, then the Pre is able to add and remove those participants, however it doesn't seem possible to create a new appointment and add participants on the Pre itself.

57. Honda/Acura HandsFreeLink cannot 'hang up' a bluetooth call made to/from the Pre.

58. The phone will sometimes report that there is no 'data connection' even when in Sprint's network and the only way to fix it is to reboot.

59. Navigation does not pull addresses from contacts when they were created in Google profile.

60. I replied to someone's message, the message bounced. When I looked at the bounce message, I see: For <<phil@******.com>, Site (*******com/***.***.***.***) said: 501 #5.1.3 Invalid username: '<phil' For some reason, the Pre added an extra angle bracket to the email address. I checked the original email, it was properly formed.

61. POP account appears to be accessing the mail server constantly because outlook tells me the server is busy when I try to pull down mail into outlook. When I turn off the phone or delete the pop account, outlook is able to access the mail server. I deleted the pop account and reloaded. set it to "manual" for pulling downing the mail and it still does it. BTW, there is no indication on the phone that it is accessing the mail server.

62. I seem to have solved the problem: for some reason, some of my Excel and Word docs were saved with the .doc or .xls extensions in caps (.DOC or .XLS). Docs to Go does not like this and will not open the file if the file extension is in all caps.

63. When in "silent" mode the calendar reminders won't wake the phone if the screen is off. You will only get the reminder when manually turn the screen on.

64. When you have an AIM and a Gtalk account on the pre... You can't sign into one at a time or sign out of one... its either "available" for both, or none at all... *It has been stated that this can be done*.

65. Sprint devs have confirmed battery drains from having both GChat and AIM signed in at the same time.

66. A recurring meeting on my Exchange calendar that was set during Daylight Saving Time appeared on the Pre one hour EARLY. The meeting was set for 10am CDT, but displayed on the Pre at 9am CST. My guess is the Pre is not adjusting for DST.

67. When setting an alarm and an event notification appears before the alarm sounds, the alarm will not play until the event is dealt with.

68. I used DTA to transfer my calendar from Palm Desktop to the Pre. I have a couple custom recurring annual events in Palm Desktop, e.g. "The second Saturday of every 12 months" which works out to the second Saturday of every December. On the Pre it's still a Custom Monthly Repeat but it got changed to "Monthly on 2nd Saturday Every 1 month(s)". So on the Pre it shows up every month instead of once per year.

69. In my Gmail calendar, I've deleted single events from a repeating series. The deleted events still show up on the Pre calendar.

70. I type alot in Spanish, which uses accents like ń. In text messages, I have no problems creating the accents. I just hiy the Sym button, the letter I want accented, it shows me what accents are available and I hit that one. However, when typing into a form field such as this one in the forum, the Sym button thing doesn't work. So, when I'm typing in a Spanish forum on my Pre, I can't do accents like I was able to do on my Palm Centro. See bug #3 above.

71. Deleted.

72. When having a text conversation and still in the messaging app the notification still shows up at the bottom, if I click it, it shows the bigger notification, if I click it again nothing happens. I have to go to card view then click it then it goes back to the conversation and the notification disappears.

73. When watching an mp4 video the screen gets really bright. Pausing it and making the card smaller makes it normal, and it stays that way until the video plays again.

74. If I send an email from my pop account and it can not go for whatever reason, it gets in some kind of send loop and I cannot delete it or stop it. I finally had to delete the account and start over.

75. When I get an incoming text (the initial little text bubble in the corner) and I hit it to launch the text app, my photo app also launches. Not really a bug. This is because of the sensitivity of the touchscreen registering a second touch - you'll notice in the messaging app that the attach icon is in the lower right hand corner. To keep this from happening, touch the bottom center to acknowledge the messaging alert.

76. I dedicated page 3 of my launcher to contacts. I deleted one, but now I cannot add it back. The drop down menu for the contact only displays "Remove from Launcher" despite the contact having been removed. Now i receive the error "couldn't remove contact from Launcher" when I click that button. Thus, I cannot add that contact back to the launcher.

77. One of my contacts is in a different area code. Dialing their 7-digit number in my local area (w/o the area code) still shows the same contact in the call history.

78. Sometimes when in the Classic app and reading an ebook, when I turn the page, the screen gets brighter after a moment or two.

79. I have several contacts that have symbols in the name mainly "_" or "-". Universal search will not search past the symbol. For example, if you make a contact with the name "Test-Guy" and then type "guy" in universal search it won't find him. This is especially bad for hyphenated names. It works fine if the symbols are surrounded by spaces, but not if they abut letters.

80. I deleted all conversations, start a new conversation via text and old history pops back up, close out. Go back in my conversation window says I have no conversations just see that message bubble picture.

81. I have sounds and notifications turned off for my Gmail account but I still get notified when I get a new email from that account.

82. Major League Baseball (MLB) has always supported a wap site <http://wap.mlb.com> which allows mobile users to view pitch-by-pitch progress of baseball games, using an auto-reloading web page (it has a better mini-flash page, but I understand Pre doesn't support Flash yet). The bug is that when you set a game to show pitch-by-pitch progress on a 15-second or 30-second interval, the Pre seems to be doing the send-receive just like the Treo did (Treo works perfectly for this), but the display usually doesn't change unless you hit the reload "button". Note I say usually . . . every now and then you do get a change. Must be some kind of bug in the browser.

83. Pre won't play WAV files attached to an email. I have VOIP phone service through my cable company and I get voicemail messages in my email and the Pre won't play them.

84. Can't open .eml attachments.

85. About 95% of time when I open a new email by clicking on the notification at bottom of the screen, the email opens up but then the reply, forward, buttons do not work. I have to minimize the email to card view then go back into it before the buttons work.

86. When a call come in and screen is locked, the slider covers up the number and picture ID if screen is touched. Taking my ringing device out of the case I always touch the screen so then I have to wait at least one ring or longer until the slider disappears and I can see who is calling. They need to make the caller ID info appear in the center of the screen not at the bottom (when screen is locked).

87. There is a confirmed bug when in contacts, you select to send an SMS to a persons mobile, but they also have a "home" number listed, when you enter the messaging app, the persons home number is selected and not the mobile.

88. I have a phone operated gate at my place. When someone calls, I press 9 continually until the call ends. This opens the gate. On two occasions, the friend will call to tell me the gate didn't open...and when I answer the phone, the Pre is sending out the 9 tone still and I can't stop it. I have to hang up and call them back.

89. Calendar bug: Exchange sync and Outlook 2007 - when an all day event is on the calendar, editing the notes field on the Pre will change the all day event into a meeting invite on Outlook. Update = Any appointment created or edited on the Pre will change the appointment to a meeting invitation.

90. With fastmail as my second email account (the first being EAS) I use a alias email address as my reply address. For example, the account is myname at mailworks dot org, but I use as my primary address tom at myname dot net as the preferred and reply address. When replying from the Pre the dot org address is used not the dot net address.

91. If you change the calendar settings to “first day of the week is”other than Sunday, the Pre will continue to gray out the days at the far left and right sides of the screen (formerly the weekend days) even if they are both on the right side, for example, if “first day of the week” is set to Monday.

92. Not sure if this one has been addressed, but the Pre contacts do not parse phone numbers correctly when more than 10 numbers are in the phone number field. In MS Outlook, I have many phone numbers that also include the person's line extension. For example, a work number might read (000) 000-0000 x123. I'll enter the first ten digits, a space, and the "x123" without the parens or the dash and Outlook reformats the number correctly after I hit enter. My old Treo 650 would then import that number, preserve the correct formatting, and also dial the number with being confused by the x123. Not only does the Pre get confused by the x123, but so does Sprint. After those numbers with extensions are sync'd with the Pre, the Pre number field reads "0000000000x123". Dial that number, and a recording says the number is incorrect.

93. I have to reset me phone daily in order for the Task notifications to show up.

94. Text messages sent via email to ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com appear to come from 6245 (MAIL) when they reach SMS App. Cannot reply to those messages.

95. Removing headphones/speakers before closing Music app "mutes" all audio. See post #550.

96. For some reason the sync to google did not pick up the addresses from the Palm Pre. Google as it syncs to the Pre is deleting the addresses in the pre. The Name, Phone Number, and Email are syncing fine and not being deleted (just the address).

97. After deleting a web bookmark, the thumbnail icons are all wrong now.. CNN shows thumbnail for precentral.net, etc., etc.

98. There is a bug in the exchange server code that prevents recurring appointments from showing up on the Pre calendar. In my case, i had a lot of recurring appointments and those actually prevented my Pre from syncing ANY of my EAS appointments on my Pre. The workaround is to change the recurring meetings from "no end date" to a certain number of times. You can set it really high to make sure that the meeting keeps recurring (the highest i tried is 300 times but i am sure you can do higher).

99. When listening to music, then multitasking to youtube, the youtube audio replaces the audio from the music app. Once you're done with the youtube, the music app audio comes back, but in mono (not stereo), until you pull the headphones out and put them back in.

100. This applies to Exchange accounts (from my experience):
If you haven't looked at your deleted items in a while, the folder will constantly refresh for a few minutes almost like it never caches this folder. It will eventually stop but it sucks battery life while it uses your connection.

101. Saving a 443xxxxxxx number saves but when the number calls my phone it is displayed as 1443xxxxxxx so I have to replace it for that contact. After that it will appear as a 443xxxxxxx without the 1.

102. The calendar icon had been displaying today's date in the launcher, which is cool and handy. Today I noticed for the first time that the icon is displaying yesterday's date instead of today's.

103. After Adding quite a few Ringtones. You only see about 20 or so. I have over fifty added. i have to delete some to get to the other ones.

104. When typing a lengthy SMS & you have to go back to edit something, you can't get back to the end (no ability to scroll within a text entry field).

105. This morning I was playing sudoku on my Pre while riding the train to work. At one of the train's stops I turned off the screen for a moment while I stepped aside to let people board the train. To my surprise when I tried to unlock the phone it wouldn't work. I'm able to put my pin in but it just stays on the "enter pin" screen. The only way i was able to get the phone working again was by removing the battery.

106. Cannot set custom alert times for calendar events. UPDATED: If the a custom alert is set in Google it does transfer to the Pre, but i would like the ability to set customer alert times on the Pre.

107. Phone randomly switches to airplane mode.

108. The birthdays do not sync properly from Google Contacts into the Pre's contact list.

109. I have another alarm issue with 1.0.3. Alarm set on "weekend" does not work on Sundays. I set the alarm on Sunday at 2am and it does not ring or notify Sunday at 7am.

110. When in the phone app, if a notification comes in, the app doesn't resize like the rest of them and the notification blocks the bottom two buttons in the phone app. This would be a minor annoyance but the notification won't go away until you respond to it so basically you can't use the phone app till you respond or go out of the phone app so the notification minimizes.

111. It seem that all of my Facebook calendar events are scheduled 2 hours later than what they are in Facebook.

112. When you link an AIM profile with a contact that contains an ampersand (&) in their name, it fails to properly show their name when in the messenger.

113. My Pre has 18 saved bookmarks, but the thumbnail view only shows the first 12.

114. Is anyone having issues with Calendar Reminders not working? Mine's always worked in the past prior to the latest update.

115. I'm finding that multi-day events I create in Google Calendar on my PC don't FULLY sync to Pre. I had an event that ran from a Tues to a Sat (6/30-7/4) but for some odd reason Sat would not show on Pre, only Tues-Fri.

116. Thought I had mistakenly hit the paper airplane icon when this happened the first time, but now it's happened multiple times, with both e-mails and TXTs. If you're in the middle of writing one and you get distracted, Pre will go ahead and send what you've written so far when it goes into sleep mode. Doesn't save it as a draft, oh no, it sends it.

117. Y! Mail did its periodic Inbox refresh, and for some reason it deleted all of the older e-mails in the process. Only thing in the Inbox was what Pre had just retrieved. Had to go into Y! Mail setup and increase the number of e-mails Pre stores from 2 weeks to a month. That brought them all back.

118. From time to time, you can't access your call history. You can push and push on the icon but no go. Make a call and suddenly you can access it again.

119. There have been plenty of times where my gmail account which is set to receive mail as items arrive won't notify me of mail until I actually check my e-mail app.

120. Anytime the phone is turned off then on again, or simply reset, system sounds will be on, even if the switch is set to "off". You have to manually switch it back to on, then off again to fix the problem.

121. I've noticed that any edits to Pre calendar entries cause the Google entries to disappear. Just noticed it this week.

122. When using Exchange to sync contacts, about 75% of my contacts with one name in them (like "john" not "john smith") don't show up as contacts on the Pre. I have one random contact with 160 numbers in there, all of which are the numbers of contacts with one name.

123. I have had problems with adding or changing numbers to conatacts that I have in my palm contacts list. I will change the number, add a new nubmer, or change the type (work, home) and when I push done I can see the changes for a split second then it changes back to what it was pre-changing. They are all numbers that I carried over from my centrothrough Palm Desktop as recomended by the instruction manuall. I dont know if that makes a difference but I would have thought it would be a common complaint if it was not something unique about my problem.

If you feel that something on this list is just user error, let us know.
NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.

Last edited by Tonylmiller; 08/01/2009 at 08:26 AM.
tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure if this is a bug or I just haven't figured it out but I can't remove my complete calendar that is saved to my Palm Profile
Old 06/06/2009, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

And just remember according to Sprint and other new releases, they may not be bugs but added features
Old 06/06/2009, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or I just haven't figured it out but I can't remove my complete calendar that is saved to my Palm Profile
Maybe start a thread and see if others have the same issue, or if you just need some help. Then, if it is truly a bug, let me know.
NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Old 06/06/2009, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

ya leakage is a bad problem... I'm not sure what I'm going to do b/c I have two circles that may or may not bother me.. I'll see.
tntsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by badjokes, Tonylmiller
Old 06/06/2009, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
ya leakage is a bad problem... I'm not sure what I'm going to do b/c I have two circles that may or may not bother me.. I'll see.
If you can, pls post a pic or 2. Thanks.
fgkay#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

No emoticons. Although that is something they could always add on.
Old 06/06/2009, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I read your other post. It's called user error. You uploaded two separate calendars. It's your fault, not Palm's.
Old 06/06/2009, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
No, I read your other post. It's called user error. You uploaded two separate calendars. It's your fault, not Palm's.
I should be able to erase my Palm profile.

I understand I made the mistake but it shouldn't be something that can't be fixed. User error should ALWAYS be fixable...

Last edited by nojok3; 06/06/2009 at 09:49 AM.
robkurzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
No emoticons. Although that is something they could always add on.
Could you explain this bug and how to create it?

Old 06/06/2009, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
Could you explain this bug and how to create it?
Emoticons=smilies

Not a big deal to me by any means but if you type :) it just shows up as the text version and not the nice circle with the smiley face
Old 06/06/2009, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Emoticons=smilies

Not a big deal to me by any means but if you type :) it just shows up as the text version and not the nice circle with the smiley face
Oh, I see what you mean. I would say that is a feature that was left out. I should have defined what I mean by a bug. A bug is something that is broken or causes an error.

Old 06/06/2009, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Here's a pic of the light leakage/distortion at the bottom of my screen...

My wife's Pre is perfect, no complaints on hers yet (sad for me, good for her! )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preblue.jpg (33.5 KB, 2127 views) Email Attachment
micahdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post

My wife's Pre is perfect, no complaints on hers yet (sad for me, good for her! )
thats pretty bad exchange it
precrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by precrack View Post
thats pretty bad exchange it
I'll have to wait a few days... the stores around here are already out of stock
Old 06/06/2009, 10:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post

Thanks for the pic. It really clarifies the issue, which is difficult to describe. I would definitely take it back, although I might wait till availability improves.

Old 06/06/2009, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

My Pre is currently bricked. Took a picture, now the camera screen is locked on the display. Cant close the camera, turn the screen off, or even power down the phone. the phone does not ring when I call it.

Palm is in some real deep kaka.
brett328#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
My Pre is currently bricked. Took a picture, now the camera screen is locked on the display. Cant close the camera, turn the screen off, or even power down the phone. the phone does not ring when I call it.

Palm is in some real deep kaka.
take the battery out and restart it
deleonj1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

"My Pre is currently bricked. Took a picture, now the camera screen is locked on the display. Cant close the camera, turn the screen off, or even power down the phone. the phone does not ring when I call it.

Palm is in some real deep kaka"

Try taking the battery out?
cdaniel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

Yeah, brett, what do you think this is, an iphone? Take the battery out
Thanked by Burrzoo, sburlbaw

Tags
browser, bug, pdf viewer, symbols, webkit

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0