Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm very disappointed in the Pre's streaming capabilities. mp3 streams play, but only for about 15-30 seconds. The stream counts down to zero at which time the card closes. And wmp streams don't play at all - message states "Cannot find an application which can open this file".

I've been trying to see if Kinoma from my 755p will work in Classic, but I haven't been able to get any of my Treo apps to work (not sure if I'm doing something wrong).

Unfortunately this may be a deal breaker for me, at least until streaming is fixed.

And not a bug, but how about MLB Gameday Audio support?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I found that you have to put the direct stream link in the browser for it to try and play, so.. http://lrb.mine.nu:8002/listen.pls instead of just http://lrb.mine.nu:8002, have you tried that?
    The alarm I set for 7 am weekdays woke me up right at 7 this morning - but it is Sunday...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I put birthdays for my contacts using Google Contacts. When I sync, all changes show up on my phone except for the birthdays.

The field in contacts for birthday is left blank, and the birthday will not show up on the calendar either.

So this is a definite bug of birthdays not syncing thru google contacts.

Also, if you manually type them into the contacts on your phone, it will not sync to the calendar.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    The alarm I set for 7 am weekdays woke me up right at 7 this morning - but it is Sunday...
    The same thing happened to me this morning, only it was 6:30 am.
    Yeah same with me, alarm set for Weekdays and went off on the weekend.

Figured that out at 5am today (Sunday)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysiwyg1977 View Post
    Yeah same with me, alarm set for Weekdays and went off on the weekend.

Figured that out at 5am today (Sunday)
    Try going to your calendar preferences and changing "First Day of Week" from Sunday to Monday. It might be that Alarm app pulls that data from the calendar thinking that your working week starts on Sunday...
    bug: cannot enter symbols (from the "Sym" key) into login/password fields (and likely text fields, have not tested that) in the web browser.

I cannot log into anything google on my phone because I have symbols in my password....
    re: thealarm ringing on weekends. didnt i see in a video that you can pick the day of the week your week starts? can that be set wrong?

yeah, the light leaking (sound painful) is a comon issue with lcd's..

btw, 1 crash (clicking games in the app store), no leakage no dead pixels. knock on wood.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Ok, so I figured out how to add speed dial numbers on the Pre, but what I cannot figure out is how to automatically have the speed dial also dial an extension after connecting the call.

On the Treo 755p when you set-up the speed dial it had a "more" option that would let you set up the extension and then give you the choice of the phone automatically dialing the number or not. If you choose not to have the phone auto dial the extension it would add a button on the phone screen that said "dial extra digits" ie the extesion that you could then push.

I dial into a conference call every morning so the "extension" was actually the conference call login password.

Anyone know how to do this on the Pre!?!?!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy617 View Post
    Ok, so I figured out how to add speed dial numbers on the Pre, but what I cannot figure out is how to automatically have the speed dial also dial an extension after connecting the call.

On the Treo 755p when you set-up the speed dial it had a "more" option that would let you set up the extension and then give you the choice of the phone automatically dialing the number or not. If you choose not to have the phone auto dial the extension it would add a button on the phone screen that said "dial extra digits" ie the extesion that you could then push.

I dial into a conference call every morning so the "extension" was actually the conference call login password.

Anyone know how to do this on the Pre!?!?!

Thanks!
    just a hough. will the pre let you put commas in the phone number?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    It is turned on, so that's not it, unfortunately.
    I am wondering did everyone do their updates or is this a common problem? It seem they would have and will fix it soon. I am glad I waited a bit.
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    just a hough. will the pre let you put commas in the phone number?
    Tried that too. It just ignored the commas and treated it as one really long number. Dialed it all at one time, which was of course too quick as the call had not connected yet.
    question, is there an official palm bug submission process? or suggestions... i hope they have separate teams ready for both...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I have 2 Pres, one for my wife and one for myself. I paired my wife's Pre succesfully with (new) Altec Lansing/Plantronics Backbeat stereo bluetooth headphones (model BBT903/R). I then tried to pair it with my Pre but it wouldn't recognize it. I read the Bluetooth help file on Pre and realized I needed to remove the association with Wife's Pre first. The help instructions said to delete device name from Pre's Bluetooth screen. I did this on my wife's Pre. I then tried to pair with my Pre but had the same issue -- the device could not be found. Tried again on my Wife's Pre and now her's won't pair either!

Now I am stuck. The headset is not recognized by either Pre. I tried turning BlueTooth on and off. I tried changing the order in which I turned on the devices (headset first, Pre second and vice-versa). I tried hard reset by taking the Pre's battery out and putting it back in. Would like to do the same for the headset but the battery does not appear to be removable/accessible.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Last edited by rlopin; 06/07/2009 at 08:28 AM.
    Anyone unable to open Excel doc's in the DocToGo viewer? I can open Word docs with no problem in it, and PDF's in that app, but anytime I try to open Excel it just goes to a white screen. I have them saved in the 97-03 format.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Same here. Except mine was set for 6:45am. Perhaps Pre does not know what a weekday is. Another setting I would like in the alarm function is ability to set the duration of the snooze function. As of right now I have no idea how long the preset is for? 5 min? 10 min?
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    Not a bug but the ringer is way to quiet

use vloud.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Here's a pic of the light leakage/distortion at the bottom of my screen...

My wife's Pre is perfect, no complaints on hers yet (sad for me, good for her! )
    that does not look like a big deal at all to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEricM View Post
    Besides the obvious, I've also noticed an issue of "Humming" when listening through A2DP bluetooth. Probably not noticeable through Music, but is it very annoying when listening to spoken word. Issue stops if plugged in through 3.5mm jack, so it isn't the audio file itself.

Works fine through another bluetooth source. It is something with the Pre.
    i seem to get some humming when on a phonecall with the OEM wired headset.
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast