Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Setting an IMAP email account to manual seems to make it check every 2 seconsd... Putting it to 12 hours fixed

Call length on call@log?????????
    I am on my 2nd pre as well. My first phone did not have any response on the screen. Luckily I was able to get a new phone from a Sprint store that had no sold all of their phones.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Another bug: When entering data into a form field in landscape mode, left-right cursor movement and text selection is done by swiping up and down (on the horizontal screen) rather than left and right. In other words, these controls are stuck in what makes sense for portrait mode. (Cursor movement may be the only data entry that makes sense in landscape mode.)
    Last edited by jtlapp; 06/06/2009 at 11:45 PM.
    to send a text to a number in the call log, tap the button on the right that looks like a person silhouette with a plus sign (or their contact picture, if it's a contact in your address book)
    I have had at least 7 crashes throughout the day with normal usage

My touch screen stops working at times, able to use the keyboard, but no gestures or touch (have tried hard resets, battery, updates..no avail) - first time it happened was on the touchstone...wonder if there is any correlation

When I open any browser (web or help app) there are times when I touch the screen 1 time - the web or help page zooms all the way to the top right corner and freezes. I need to throw away that card, but the next time I open it continue

Phone charging for 2 hours (I was using it during the time) but the charge percentage stayed at 16% to 25% - never got any higher

I called CS (why, I do not know) and told her that I did all of the prelimenary things, and of course she was stumped and told me I need to go back to the store tomorrow (she couldn't find the store hours for me and also could not tell me if I would get a new one when I get out there).

Guys, I want this phone to work soooo badly, because for the short time I had it working, it was great...wish me luck tomorrow
    Bug: When choosing a ringer or alarm sound, and you click on the play button of the built-in sounds, then click on the button in the bottom-left to use an mp3, and click on the play button of the mp3, the built-in sound does not stop and continues to play.
    The Bug will not allow an IP address to be used when setting up an EAS email account. If the value in the server field does not have a .com or all numbers you can not save the account settings.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Also - I was charging my phone via USB and left it there...when I came back after a couple hours, iTunes somehow loaded up and said that my ipod is corrupt and may need to be restored. Weird.
    I'd call this a bug: When connecting to Exchange for mail and calendar, the corporate global address book is synced to my device. That's about 500 email addresses I don't need to have in my list, but it looks like the only way to get rid of it is to remove the exchange account, removing the contacts, schedule, and email, no good.
    -Sean
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    More of a software design flaw.
    Have my cards laid out like this
    [Phone] [Email] [Messaging] [Calendar] [Web]

What happens: while in another app a notification comes in of an SMS. I tap the notification to read the sms and the Messaging app is moved to the last card. This may happen with other apps like Email but I've only tested with sms. I think cards should stay in the order the user has them arranged.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Wow guys, lots of issues. Everything on my Pre seems to be dandy. Even the battery has been holding up well with no crashes. I'm sorry you guys are experiencing so many problems. I hope some firmware updates can make your phone work better.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I wonder if the touchstone could be causing some of the problems. I took my touchstone back off and replaced with the OEM and I have not been able to reproduce the crashes and freexes.... My battery still won't charge though...11% now while plugged in
    The right 1/3 of my keyboard is not illuminated and I seem to also have some of the screen light bleeding issues that others have reported.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I know that this is a common problem, but it's an annoyance to me. I downloaded a directory of MP3's to the phone, and it plays fantastically, other than it puts a pause inbetween tracks. Some artists have tracks that merge onto one another, and it's very annoying to have the break! I know it's a nit-picky thing, but I wish they would at least have an option for no break!
    Will someone send the thread content (first post) to Palm?

Maybe by Palm's foum
    forums.palm.com/palm/board?board.id=webossoftware
    Last edited by hugo_prado; 06/07/2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: include link forum palm
    1. If I create a calendar entry (on the Pre) that is an All Day Event on October 31, 2009 (Halloween) and set it to repeat every year on Oct. 31, the darn thing gets moved to November 1! Same with March 17, 2009 (St. Patrick's Day). They do stay on their respective dates if the entry is not set to repeat, however. There likely are more dates in the calendar that are like this, I just happened to find these two. But most of my All Day Events that repeat either every year or every day for a length of time work just fine.

2. The phone alerts me when I get a new e-mail message in any "Inbox" (the top-level folder), but it never alerts me when I get a new e-mail message in any "Inbox.Group" (a sub-folder) [as a sample name] folder. The problem might actually be that the sub-folder does not sync when the top-level folder does (at the interval set for that acc't), as when I do check my sub-folders (which I use for server-side filtering, something I need for several of my e-mail acc'ts), the new messages are not there until the folder syncs right then as it is opened.

3. The phone does not alert me to any e-mail (even top-level "Inbox" folder mail) when the screen is turned off. The alert does show up the next time I turn the screen on. This makes e-mail on the phone, especially PUSHed mail, pretty pointless!

I have the problem others have mentioned of the symbols not working in the Web browser (the pop-up box with them comes up, but when you select one, it doesn't show up in the text box), but none of the other problems (thankfully!). I use the Touchstone for charging and my phone has been on it several times today (I've been pretty much using the phone full-time all day except when eating and using the restroom, LOL!).

Nothing to do with this topic, but I am mad that my screen somehow got a tiny chip in it! I have no idea how it happened or what chipped it, as I had nothing near it. I was using it, it needed to be charged, so I took it to the Touchstone and put it on. When I went to use it again, the chip was there! :-( I'm not wearing any bracelets or anything that could've hit it, so I don't know where it came from. A Pre ghost??
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Playing a 24kbps AAC+ shoutcast stream in the browser will result in the stream playing in "slow-mo" you know, "tttttaaaaaaaaalkkkkkkkk liiiiiikkkkeeee thiiiiiissss". 80kbps seems to work fine though? *shrug*
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Besides the obvious, I've also noticed an issue of "Humming" when listening through A2DP bluetooth. Probably not noticeable through Music, but is it very annoying when listening to spoken word. Issue stops if plugged in through 3.5mm jack, so it isn't the audio file itself.

Works fine through another bluetooth source. It is something with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    3. The phone does not alert me to any e-mail (even top-level "Inbox" folder mail) when the screen is turned off. The alert does show up the next time I turn the screen on. This makes e-mail on the phone, especially PUSHed mail, pretty pointless!
    Check your Screen and Lock preferences. On the bottom make sure you have Show When Locked turned on for Notifications. Not sure if this setting would cause you not to be getting alerts but worth a shot.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Check your Screen and Lock preferences. On the bottom make sure you have Show When Locked turned on for Notifications. Not sure if this setting would cause you not to be getting alerts but worth a shot.
    It is turned on, so that's not it, unfortunately.