Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455
Results 1,081 to 1,089 of 1089
    I tried using the same numbers without the plus sign and got the same results in the screenshots. I'm not sure what may be causing the issue. Have you been in contact with support to see if there is something they know we may not know? I'm guessing because the last 7 digits are the same it is seeing the numbers as the same. I personally in all my life never had two numbers with the same 7 digits but different area/country codes.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I do have this problem, you need to add a 1 after +52 if you want to call a mexican cellphone and leave it out to send a sms. Don't ask me why...

So it's not just theoretical, but like I said, the workaround is the aditional "t" in the end (dialing break, not doing anything being the last part of the number)
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    I do have this problem, you need to add a 1 after +52 if you want to call a mexican cellphone and leave it out to send a sms. Don't ask me why...

So it's not just theoretical, but like I said, the workaround is the aditional "t" in the end (dialing break, not doing anything being the last part of the number)
    I'd definitely make a report to palm providing plenty of detail on this so they can look into a special case to correct the issue. That is if you haven't already.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Bug:
    An event in the calendar set on 0:00 with a notification set for instance on 10 minutes before, will never give you a notification. Probably because the notification is to be triggered 'the day before'.

Missing feature: the ability to Copy/Paste the phone number from a received text message.

Missing feature / bug: You cannot save an email attachment if is is embedded in the message, only if it is attached as separate file. (e.g. Inline images)

Missing feature: Customizable repeating notifications. If you miss a notification the phone should nag you until you dismiss the notification (auto snooze). Customizable for the phone, calendar, and email/messaging. (there are patches for this BTW)
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 09/05/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Bug:
    An event in the calendar set on 0:00 with a notification set for instance on 10 minutes before, will never give you a notification. Probably because the notification is to be triggered 'the day before'.
    I can't replicate this. I have created events that occur at midnight with both 12hr and 24hr time formats set with a reminder for X amount of time prior and both the reminder occurred as expected. There must be something corrupt on your device or in the calendar app itself. You may want to use webos repair utility to scan for altered or corrupt files or worse case doctor the device. But make sure to use save/restore and preware's saved package list to backup your data and remember what patches and apps to cover most everything that the palm profile doesn't backup.

Missing feature: the ability to Copy/Paste the phone number from a received text message.
    If this is for the purposes of adding to a new or existing contact simply tap the number in the message and then choose add to contact button at the bottom of the phone app. If there is another reason for wanting to do this you can work around not being able to select the number by tapping the message and choosing copy message and paste it where you need to and delete the remainder part of the message leaving just the number. There may be other ways to work around it too.

Missing feature: Customizable repeating notifications. If you miss a notification the phone should nag you until you dismiss the notification (auto snooze). Customizable for the phone, calendar, and email/messaging. (there are patches for this BTW)
    I never understood the reason for this with the fact that the notification stays present in the dashboard until you take action on the notification. Of course this assumes one is using their device often. Who knows maybe this will be something in webOS 2.0. I suspect we will see some of the stuff the community added via patches in it. One of the greatest things about webOS is the ease at which it can be modified to each users preferences so even if they don't add something it can be added just as easy as installing an app. It is amazing how much community developed stuff can alter webOS.
    Didn't see this in the list, but noticed that when I accepted an invitation to a Facebook event, the Pre calendar showed it as 3 hours LATER than the scheduled event. Must be somehow interpreting the FB event as PST and trying to compensate for me living in an EST zone (OK, PDT/EDT right now!).

Anyone know how to deal with this?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I updates my apps pretty regularly, but after yesterday, I'm stuck with updates that say they have downloaded, but do not install (including Notes and Facebook). I thought it might help to uninstall & reinstall them, but I'm informed that it's busy, and can't do anything.

Are others having this problem? Now those apps are unavailable to me.
    i'm having this really weird problem. Every time I turn the screen on, I have to immediately and continuely touch the screen in order to keep it from responding. That is to say:if I didn't touch the screen within 3 seconds after the screen is turned on, the screen wouldn't respond to any further youch anymore. But if I touched the scren immediately and continuely after the screen is turned on, it would operate just fine. Beyond that there is absolutely nothing wrong with any other features.
    just experienced one of the various hardware bug of this damn phone.
    power key is stucked.
    last of a long list.
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455