Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1089
    Found a quirk in the email app.

Basically it's improper use of a well defined port. The email app connects to Port 993 (IMAPS, encrypted) with plain IMAP and switches to encrypted IMAPS during the handshake.

Most IMAPS servers support this technique only on port 143 (unencrypted IMAP) and drop connection if it is tried on port 993.

So the behaviour of the email app should be changed if a connection goes to a server on port 993.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...app-imaps.html

-Walter
    My cards don't always open all the way up. occassionally the top half inch of my wallpaper shows on top.
    Me too
    Quote Originally Posted by redheads55 View Post
    This one annoys me a bit - I tried to email my daughter to tell her to to IM me (she emailed me telling me to call her but I was in a noisy place and could not talk)... all it would let me say was "I'm me" - LOL.

Usually when I backspace an autocorrect it lets me override it - but not in this case... had to type it all out. Not a major deal, but slightly annoying.
    You do realize if you immediately hit backspace it returns to "IM", right?
    Dead spot in upper left hand corner. Phone looks fine, but no response when, for instance, trying to change stations on Pandora, or moving left stack of cards in a solitaire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by juliemac4 View Post
    Dead spot in upper left hand corner. Phone looks fine, but no response when, for instance, trying to change stations on Pandora, or moving left stack of cards in a solitaire game.
    Do you have access to other pres to test and see if this is consistent on all of them? I personally don't experience what you describe with pandora on my pre. I don't have any solitair games to test them.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I dont know if this has been brought up already but...how about that nasty sprint navigation "bug"...the one where u open up sprint navigation and then there is a error message that says "the navigation service is not initialized yet, please quit current session and retry!"....and it doesnt have anything to do with location services..because "gps" options is on...anyone figured this one out yet?? or have a solution?? i feel so lost sometimes when im driving...lol
    I have reported this to Palm support, but I'm hoping someone else has seen this and knows the answer (Hardbeatz, this should be easy for you).

I let someone else log in to their facebook account on my Pre+. It instantly put all of her contacts into my contacts list. Not what I wanted. So, I deleted that account in the Facebook app, in the address book app, and everywhere else I could find a reference to it. However, when I "synch" my Palm profile, that e-mail address continues to show up, and returns the error that it is using an invalid password (thank goodness it didn't remember it". So every time I sych my profile, I get that error.

Coincidentally, I got a replacement Pre+ a few days later. So, I activated the phone and it continues to show that e-mail address when I go through the "first run" process. I've run OS Doctor, twice. I've done the reset/full erase, twice.

Every time I "synch" my contacts with my Palm Profile, I get that "incorrect password" for the other person's facebook account. Really? Where is that little bit of info hiding?

It isn't on my palm profile page, not in my facebook client, not in my address book....

Am I destined to a life with that stupid error message? Surely I must be able to remove any trace of an account I don't want associated with my phone. And surely there must be a way that someone can use my phone without screwing up Synergy. Why is this different than if they used my PC to access their facebook account?

What am I missing?
    Every since I received the lastest web OS 1.4.1.1 from Palm my EAS account I can receive E-mails from my work Exchange accoutn but I can not reply to any. They just sit in my outbox and never send, no error or nothing.

I have narrowed it down to more than one contact in the To:, Cc: & Bcc fields are the cause.

I have contacted Palm level 3 support three times and they are looking into it.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

BTW, I have already removed and re-added the Exchange account on my phone with no success.

Regards
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by jnotarangelo View Post
    Every since I received the lastest web OS 1.4.1.1 from Palm my EAS account I can receive E-mails from my work Exchange accoutn but I can not reply to any. They just sit in my outbox and never send, no error or nothing.

I have narrowed it down to more than one contact in the To:, Cc: & Bcc fields are the cause.

I have contacted Palm level 3 support three times and they are looking into it.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

BTW, I have already removed and re-added the Exchange account on my phone with no success.

Regards
    John
    Could it have anything to do with authentication is the user name and password required for outgoing and incoming mail?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Similar to the OP :

This time, however, it started flickering off and on, and I couldn't hit the hang up button. I was able to exit the phone function using the Center Button to enter the card screen, but the phone call continued until the other person hung up. I tried again and this problem repeated. This looks like it's a problem that's unique (so far) to the phone function.
    Made an outgoing call, was utilizing an automated message menu when phone screen flickered and flashed several times, then went black and nonresponsive!

SO when I got home I went to preware and UNinstalled all the phone pathces and tweaks I'd installed. Thought maybe the screen going completely black had something to do with the "minimum brightness patch I installed - so I reset the min brightness to slightly brighter. but today I recalled the same number and:

Phone call stayed connected . Power button non responsive, sliding open and closed had no effect. Automated message system finally transferred my call to a real person and I asked her to end the call for me! SHe did and immediately the phone returned to normal responsiveness!

hmmm.

Made an outgoing call to a contact FROM the contacts app, connected fine and was able to communicate well and hang up normally.

Made another call, this time from the call history list (same place I'd dialed the automated menu number), connected but noticed the proximity switch was not working - screen stayed on regardless of closeness to my face. Then several beeps emitted through the ear piece ( similar indicators of a "dropped call") phone cut off and went non responsive again - completely black screen, no response to power button or getting plugged into power outlet, no slider response. Battery 75% FULL at all instances!

I don't generally talk on the phone much, but when I do I'd expect it to function! Web use is cool and all - but jeepers - I'm going to uninstall MORE patches and see if the same issue remains as well as search more on the forums.

Any ideas or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I suspect the proximity sensor is glitching for some reason. Do you have a case or screen protector on your device that gets close or may even be touching the area the sensor is located?
    i've been having an issue lately with my pandora fading at the end of the song then volume completly shutting down for all phone functions(unable to adjust volume with side button or sound icon) also, the bell and empty bars show on the screen and has no icons at bottom of screen....? right now, i have a bell with showing full volume that will not go away! sooo frustrating!!
    well, it looks like it's actually a hardware problem(just came from sprint....:-() ! one other thing.....i hate the replacement plan!! one uv replaced your phone from sprint, ur stuck using the asurion for a year...sprint can't touch the phone..ughhhh!!! thanks for letting me vent....:')
    Quote Originally Posted by hifly808 View Post
    well, it looks like it's actually a hardware problem(just came from sprint....:-() ! one other thing.....i hate the replacement plan!! one uv replaced your phone from sprint, ur stuck using the asurion for a year...sprint can't touch the phone..ughhhh!!! thanks for letting me vent....:')
    You get 30 days to return (for example if you decide the device isn't what you want) or exchange (if there is an immediate problem). After that you have the warranty which you can get a new replacement with if anything covered under the warranty. And everything else outside of that would be covered under the optional coverages commonly referred to as insurance. But I believe there are more than one coverage option. But the total equipment protection (TEP) is the way to go for protecting against all sorts of stuff. As long as hardware failure isn't obvious abuse but rather premature failure from wear it should be covered under warranty.
    HI StoneRyno,

Thanks for offering some ideas. I do have a Plam touchscreen protector installed and a Skinit - but neither cover the proximity sensor.

I reinstalled Minimum Brightness again and I could replicate the problems with:

A) THe phone going black after making an outgoing call and the screen going non responsive ( noticed the keyboard didn't light up either) and although keyboard presses seemed to work - and automated call menus registered them - I still could not disconnect from the call and the power button was non functional!

B)the proximity sensor would not register ( suspect that's because the screen was not functioning at all).

So I UN installed Minimum Brightness and can place outgoing calls and the proximity sensor is functioning again! SO far this is the only tweak that seems to be the culprit.

According to Preware I have 47 packages installed (1061 still available):

8 applications(Classic, Convert, Facebook, Flickr Uploader, Internalz, Pandora, Preware and Weather Channel) non of which were running when I made the phone calls. - Coming from a Centro I am in the habit of exiting a program before starting another so have the tendancy to flick off any program before staring a new one.

2 Linux applications: GNU Patch and Lsdiff - which I have no idea what they do, assume they downloaded with an application.

there are 35 patches installed:
    Add BIng and Yahoo
    Add Date- MM/DD
    Add Move to folder button
    Add select all and new message
    Add space between snooz and dismiss
    Additional Contact Labels
    Alarm Daily options
    All day events in Month View
    Audio/Vidoe attachments
    Change Number of Bookmarks
    Character counter
    Create Birthday events
    Edit item as new
    Enable Add/Delet Pages
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Glass Effect
    Hide Nascar
    Hide NFL
    IMprove photo naming
    More Default snooze times
    Named pages in launcher
    PDF Redux
    Personal Avatar Left side
    Raise Image resolution limit
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Share image message option
    Show WIFI SSID
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    SMS Tone per contact v2
    standby time delux
    Total message count
    Unhide dev mode icon
    Unthrottle download Manager
    Virtual Keyboard

1 Service installed: FileMgr

1 unknown which is my Ferrets theme from Dragbug on Prethemers.

I did have hyper cards installed but unloaded that thinking it may be an issue.

Since I reinstalled minimum brightness and immediately had a phone issue - I think there is a bug in that tweak.

I swapped out batteries- trying my Centro's battery and the PRE's but got no change. neither battery is loose. ONLY issue comes from when Minimum brightness is installed.
  17. BJT
    i posted earlier about my pre not detecting network, but thought someone here might be able to help. within the last 4 days i have had three phones, two brand new, each working for about 24 hours, then losing the ability to dial or receive calls. (simple things, i.e. airplane mode, etc. checked). multiple other verizon devices (including one palm) working at this location without problem and i have received and made calls on the two new devices for a brief period before they stop working. i've spent hours with both verizon and palm tech support (webos reinstall, factory reset among other things) with no resolution. for the phone i received yesterday i created a new profile. i used only a three palm approved apps, only manufacturer chargers, everything by the book. now i'm stuck with my third dead phone in 5 days. i think it shouldn't be a hardware issue. can anyone help me at all? verizon's not going to keep giving me phones....
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post

[snip]

2 Linux applications: GNU Patch and Lsdiff - which I have no idea what they do, assume they downloaded with an application.
    These are packages required for patch install/uninstall.

[snip]

Since I reinstalled minimum brightness and immediately had a phone issue - I think there is a bug in that tweak.

I swapped out batteries- trying my Centro's battery and the PRE's but got no change. neither battery is loose. ONLY issue comes from when Minimum brightness is installed.
    I suspect that patch might be conflicting with something. Out of curiosity were you setting brightness to the minimum with the patch installed? I want to try and see if I can replicate the issue on my pre.
    Hi StonyRyno,

Yes, I put the setting to Min brightness.
    Two other patches/ tweaks installed during discovery of the first issue were haptic feedback on phone buttons and hyper cards.

I'm going to reinstall haptic again and see if the issue crops up.
    Then hyper cards.

And see if I have any issues with the phone app.

Will let you know results.

Cheers!
    Hi StonyRyno,

Yes, I put the setting to Min brightness.
    Two other patches/ tweaks installed during discovery of the first issue were haptic feedback on phone buttons and hyper cards.

I'm going to reinstall haptic again and see if the issue crops up.
    Then hyper cards.

And see if I have any issues with the phone app.

Will let you know results.

Cheers!
    I was unable to reproduce the screen not turning on during/after a call with the min brightness patch installed and brightness set to the minimum. Here is a list of the patches I have installed for comparison to check if it is some sort of conflict or is related to being installed with another patch. I know someone had a problem with their calendar app not working correctly and thought my standby times deluxe patch was the cause but he/she was unwilling to provide an installed patch list to get the ball rolling for me to find out the real cause. Hopefully with some investigation we will figure out what the cause is for your screen issue so that you don't have to not use the brightness patch.

My patches installed (30):

15px font in messaging
    3000 autoreplace words
    5x5 icons v1
    add date - MM/DD
    add IMDB to universal search
    all day events in month view
    auto speakerphone via proximity sensor instant (removed for replication testing since it appears the patch keeps the screen on)
    battery icon as percent
    browser startpage small icon style
    call duration in call log
    call history during call
    default to month view
    dialpad tones off
    enable add/delete pages
    enable landscape email
    enable landscape PDF viewer
    facebook chat spoof
    haptic feedback manager
    hide quick launch bar in launcher only
    latitude workaround (placeholder not undated for current version)
    launch mode switcher on luna boot
    notification repeat for calendar
    open to call log
    reduce drag radius 10px
    ringer switch icon
    show actual battery percent
    standby times deluxe
    timestamps builtin
    unhide dev mode icon
    unthrottle download manager