Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1089
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    So you get a different device instead of getting a replacement for the hardware going bad. Seems rather stupid to me. Why didn't you just get a warranty replacement? Have fun with the android i hope it was worth spending the money when you could have gotten a warranty replacement. Oh and i hear the android is slower than the pre was at launch so I'm in doubt you won't just end up getting ticked at the android when something goes wrong with it and you will buy something else or come back to the pre.
    I agree, it is rather stupid. It was so stupid in fact that I specifically spent the money on an Android just to call Palm and get a replacement phone using my new Android. That may have been a bit brash, I realize, but I have "explosive personality disorder", or so I'm told. But what do those doctors know, anyhow?

All in all, I'm glad I did buy the Android because having the two side by side to compare, it's possible to do a much more thorough comparison instead of just reading what everyone else has been posting on the inter-web.

Truth be told, even when Pre works flawlessly... Android > Pre... And I'll be keeping both BTW, loyal to Pre, in Awe of Android.

IMHO that is
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    You need to enter a special USB-mode for it it see it connected.

1. Shutdown your Pre completely.
    2. Put micro USB-cable into Pre but dont put the connector into the wall charger.
    3. Hold volume UP and while doing that put the USB into the wall charger.
    4. Now you should see a USB symbol on the screen.
    5. Remove USB from wall charger and hook it up to a USB-port of your computer.
    6. WebOS Doctor should recognize it.
    OK, I will try this but I can't help wondering how in the world did you figure that one out. And I thought I had already tried everything
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    80. I deleted all conversations, start a new conversation via text and old history pops back up, close out. Go back in my conversation window says I have no conversations just see that message bubble picture.
    I'm having this exact same issue and I'm highly irritated. Does anyone know of a fix???
    Bought 2 Palm Pre's in november. Mine had these issues:

1. Light leakage at the bottom of the screen.

2. Dead pixels.

3. Messed up slider

I returned the my phone only to get................. wait...... same shizznat new phone lmao......

Atlease the dead pixels on my new one aren't as noticable. and new phone seems to slide better and doesn't feel loose when it's closed. but the light leakage went from the left side to the bottom now. I could return it a 3rd time but i say f*** it.
    I have a June 6 Pre. It has several small hardware problems that are known but until now I have been living with them. They are a couple dead pixels, slight oreo, backlight bleeding at the bottom of screen but only when the phone is hot. Oh and the battery slider crash, that I fixed with some electrical tape folded up. Well, now I have a new Hardware FAILURE that I'm about to go visit sprint for.

My mic only works intermittently. I've spent some time playing with it while calling myself on a land line and I can say that it is effected somehow by the slider. I can open close the slider and tap on the phone, give it a little oreo twist and get the mic to turn off and on. Sometimes I get some really loud static too. I thinkthere is a loose connection or sodder joint somewhere.

I first noticed it after webOS Doctoring to verson 1.3.5. So I Doctored back to version 1.2.1 and immediately the problem was repeatable. So I'm pretty sure it's hardware not software.

Anyway, I'm headed to sprint for a fix/replacement but I just thought I'd share this with the community first.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparsons View Post
    I'm having this exact same issue and I'm highly irritated. Does anyone know of a fix???
    This has worked for me a few times since 1.3

Delete the convo as you normally would.
    wait atleast 5 damn seconds
    search for the contact name in the deleted convo and delete there as well
    wait atleast 5 seconds before doing anything
    close the app and then reopen it, check if it's still there.

People don't seem to get that it's processing things in the background. It's not a full pc, it's a phone give it time.

I'll try this without the extra delete whenever I can to see if it's really just people not having any patience.
    Last edited by grynv; 12/11/2009 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    My mic only works intermittently. I've spent some time playing with it while calling myself on a land line and I can say that it is effected somehow by the slider. I can open close the slider and tap on the phone, give it a little oreo twist and get the mic to turn off and on. Sometimes I get some really loud static too. I think there is a loose connection or sodder joint somewhere.
    Took it into the Sprint Store. They gave me a replacement device, it was a refurb, as they did for the other two people who were in there at the same time for a pre repair. The CSR helping me said his refurb was better than his original Pre. He was the "advocate" so he had a early build too. Anyway, after it was up and running I went to the car and was setting it up for Blue Tooth so I could call my wife. It made a funny sound that didn't sound right so I went into ringers and started playing around with some. The speaker on the back was blown and so I went right back in the store. The "advocate" asked the techs to give me a new phone this time which they did and I can't find anything wrong with it.

While I was in there I asked what Sprint's official opinion on patches and homebrew was. He said that sprint wasn't so cool about it but as long as your phone isn't obviouslly tweaked when you take it in that you shouldn't have any problems. He also said that the Regional Sales Manager for Palm for our area said "DO IT! That's part of what makes this phone so great!" He also added that there were 6 Sprint employees in there at that moment that have a Pre and that ALL the techs had one and most of them do Homebrew so they were all cool with it.

GREAT JOB PALM for supporting this community. GREAT JOB SPRINT for the good customer service! A Extra SPecial Thanks to K.H. for going above and beyond for me at the store yesterday and getting me a brand spanking new phone.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Pre doesn't capitalize the letters of the things it auto corrects while you are in all caps? For instance if you are writing in all caps and you type "IM" it will turn it into "I'm" and NOT "I'M". The phone does this for almost every contraction, and for the other things it's supposed to auto correct. For instance, it also screws up "TJE" and turns it into "ThE" instead of "THE".
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhiteboy View Post
    For instance if you are writing in all caps and you type "IM" it will turn it into "I'm" and NOT "I'M"
    This one annoys me a bit - I tried to email my daughter to tell her to to IM me (she emailed me telling me to call her but I was in a noisy place and could not talk)... all it would let me say was "I'm me" - LOL.

Usually when I backspace an autocorrect it lets me override it - but not in this case... had to type it all out. Not a major deal, but slightly annoying.
    Can you create another shortcut for "IM"?

Maybe "M" = "IM". Don't know if this would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Can you create another shortcut for "IM"?

Maybe "M" = "IM". Don't know if this would work.
    Considering we can edit the auto correct dictionary with relative ease it would be worth trying and see if you can make special cases like that. If it works then there is the fix for typing in caps.
    #17 was fixed with the last update.
    The bug list forPalm OS 1.3.5, as posted in this forum, is long and it makes wonder what Palm was thinking of when it released 1.3.5. I thought, at least they would have fixed the web-page PDF reading problem. (Some PDFs work and other say they cannot find the PDF handler... no one seems to know why.) Also, loading a Word file from a web page gives me the same handler error. Palm, if you are listening, go to the government web page FCC dot gov Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page and try to download one of their posted PDFs or Word documents. Why do they error on the Pre, but other PDF's from some other web sites are just fine. Since the OS updates are coming so fast now, about one per month, it make one think that the initial Palm Pre OS release was 3 years premature and not debuged at all.
    Ever since 1/5/2010 Google Groups includes its signature as an attachment called "Part 1.2". I believe this is to prevent the signature from being repeated on reply. Anyway ever since then the Pre's email app only displays the signature block and not the body of the message. I've checked around and this seems to be affecting everyone who received Google Groups email to the Pre...
    Noob here<<

I have recently been receiving calls from 3 digit numbers. One was 039 and the other was 090. If anyone knows what the heck these are from it would be of great help to me. thanks in advance.

ALSO. one time when I went to unlock my pre the lock icon stayed in the top left corner of the screen until I turned off the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Considering we can edit the auto correct dictionary with relative ease it would be worth trying and see if you can make special cases like that. If it works then there is the fix for typing in caps.
    "relative ease"? First I've heard. I'm very interested. How?
    My space bar inserts double and tripple spaces randomly. It seems to be worse in messaging app or FB.

I have a Sprint Pre bought in July.
    The one thing im having a problem with is that your Blocked
    Aim contacts not only show up in your List but also on your computers as long as ur signed into the phone. This is killing me because of contacts i feel are watching me though im sure they dont see me. This just brings back memories i dont need...
    I'm still getting the random restarts and now I am getting blank unresponsive screens for about 30 seconds
    This is a strange one. I have 3 gmail accounts set up with the email application, and the bug only occurs on the primary account.

When I reply to any message from this account by just starting to type, even though the cursor is shown to be at the beginning of the message, the app jumps down to the very end of the message and enters the text there.

Again this does not occur with any of the other accounts.

I will try removing the account and adding again and see if that helps.