Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4146474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1089
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I find there is often lots of useful information in this thread, but this thread has never been properly maintained and is to hard to try to read through and discover real issues or corner cases that are user error.
    I pointed this out awhile back but I got the impression nobody cares to make the list up to date. And the list does nobody any good if it isn't accurate. I think more than half the list has been fixed and maybe more so if you count work around and patches. I made a detailed post quite some time ago now detailing changes that needed to be made to the list but since I don't have access level to edit the OP the list remains months out of date. And the OP appears to have never had much of any intentions of maintaining the list. Really at this point, even more so than before, a completely new thread needs to be created with an accurate list and this thread taken out of sticky status with the new one in it's place. And the title of this thread changed to include outdated in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I pointed this out awhile back but I got the impression nobody cares to make the list up to date. And the list does nobody any good if it isn't accurate. I think more than half the list has been fixed and maybe more so if you count work around and patches. I made a detailed post quite some time ago now detailing changes that needed to be made to the list but since I don't have access level to edit the OP the list remains months out of date. And the OP appears to have never had much of any intentions of maintaining the list. Really at this point, even more so than before, a completely new thread needs to be created with an accurate list and this thread taken out of sticky status with the new one in it's place. And the title of this thread changed to include outdated in it.
    It might work better as a wiki so anyone can update it. Also it ought to be broken down into categories (phone, messaging app, email app, system, etc) so people don't have to scan the entire list to see if their issue is already listed.

It'd also be helpful to have a FAQ with common workarounds so people don't keep asking the same questions.

Still, part of the problem is that there's a huge amount of noise. If your list has 10 critical problems and 80 nitpicky ones, the critical ones are going to get lost in long list. Everyone has a different opinion about what's important.

A while back there was some website for people to suggest features and vote on them. What ever happened to that?
    Last edited by greenoyster; 11/15/2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    It'd also be helpful to have a FAQ with common workarounds so people don't keep asking the same questions.
    This is the closest thing to a FAQ with workarounds and fixes.
    Fixes & Workarounds
    Think I might have a new one here, related to the email app dealing with contacts.

I send myself little reminder notes so that I catch them when I'm back at my laptop. Here's how I reproduce it:

1) Open a new email.

2) Type in the prefix of my own email address and hit enter.

3) PRE recognizes my email prefix and replaces it with the "First Last" bubble matching my own contact card.

4) Fill out email and hit send.

5) Get error: "Email Application Error: Error sending message X"

After playing around with this a bit, I tapped on the "First Last" bubble and PRE hadn't filled out the rest of my email address. The Application had been trying to send the email with only the prefix in the To: field despite the fact that PRE indicated it had recognized my input as a valid contact.

—Sam
    So, a few days after updating to webOS 1.3.1, I was text messaging a friend, set my Pre down on the table like ive done 10,000 times, and now the screen still turns on but there is no touch capability, it does not respond to taps, touches, swipes, strokes, nothing anywhere.

Also, my Pre has been ringing (which I am unable to answer) and when I called back my friends on a different phone they told me that my Pre answered their call without me even holding the phone and they could hear what was going on in the room I was in.

Needless to say, I'm pretty upset. So upset I went and spent $350 on a Google Android with Verizon because I don't have the time, especially during friggin Thanksgiving to sit on the phone and trouble shoot on the phone with a tech support guy in India that I can barely understand.

Oh yea, Im sitting here trying to use webOS doctor and webOS doctor installed fine on my computer, but when I get to the point where it says "Now plug in your Palm Pre"... I plug in my Pre and the webOS doctor doesn't recognize that its plugged in and just sits there.

...AM... not... thrilled.

Google Android is sick, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditious Blasphemer View Post
    So, a few days after updating to webOS 1.3.1, I was text messaging a friend, set my Pre down on the table like ive done 10,000 times, and now the screen still turns on but there is no touch capability, it does not respond to taps, touches, swipes, strokes, nothing anywhere.

Also, my Pre has been ringing (which I am unable to answer) and when I called back my friends on a different phone they told me that my Pre answered their call without me even holding the phone and they could hear what was going on in the room I was in.

Needless to say, I'm pretty upset. So upset I went and spent $350 on a Google Android with Verizon because I don't have the time, especially during friggin Thanksgiving to sit on the phone and trouble shoot on the phone with a tech support guy in India that I can barely understand.

Oh yea, Im sitting here trying to use webOS doctor and webOS doctor installed fine on my computer, but when I get to the point where it says "Now plug in your Palm Pre"... I plug in my Pre and the webOS doctor doesn't recognize that its plugged in and just sits there.

...AM... not... thrilled.

Google Android is sick, though.
    So you get a different device instead of getting a replacement for the hardware going bad. Seems rather stupid to me. Why didn't you just get a warranty replacement? Have fun with the android i hope it was worth spending the money when you could have gotten a warranty replacement. Oh and i hear the android is slower than the pre was at launch so I'm in doubt you won't just end up getting ticked at the android when something goes wrong with it and you will buy something else or come back to the pre.
    First off, I use Google to edit and sync my Calendar...

Secondly: I have an every day, repeating, all day entry for my work schedule.

My issue: I am having an issue with some of my entries not showing up and being pushed off to the next day or the day before and anything I enter on that particular day won't show up on that day ON MY PRE, but is showing up correctly on Google Calendar. One instance was this past October 26th. (Please see this link to see a thread where I brought this up back then: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1921010). Today, while looking ahead in my calendar, I noticed I will have the same issue on Sunday, March 14, 2010 which is the day Daylight Savings Time begins mext year.

I'm 100% positive that this issue has to do with the Pre doing something weird with Daylight Savings Time(both when it starts and when it ends) and not being able to handle All Day entries correctly because of that one hour difference.

Palm needs to fix this because if you have an event that repeats daily, it throws that whole "chain" of repeating days off by one day because of the way it moves the day forwards or backwards on the days that Daylight Savings Time changes. So in a sense, it can throw your whole year of entries off by one day. VERY aggrivating!
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditious Blasphemer View Post
    You need to enter a special USB-mode for it it see it connected.

1. Shutdown your Pre completely.
    2. Put micro USB-cable into Pre but dont put the connector into the wall charger.
    3. Hold volume UP and while doing that put the USB into the wall charger.
    4. Now you should see a USB symbol on the screen.
    5. Remove USB from wall charger and hook it up to a USB-port of your computer.
    6. WebOS Doctor should recognize it.
    Last edited by Andreas; 11/30/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Here's a hoot. My touchscreen & gestures have stopped working - unless the phone is plugged into the charger, and then everything works like a charm. The moment I unplug from the charger? Back to unresponsive.
    So i have an issue since this new webos 1.3.1 loaded...some of my calendar alarms are starting to show the alarm an hour before its actually due...when the set reminder is 5 minutes before an event. This morning, for a critical call... it did not even go off. I was 20 minutes late ... since this new update, my calendar alerts are completely off...like im in a different timezone...and i have checked all settings etc... Anyone else running into this? Please help!!
    I dont know if anybody posted this put Bug#15 could be from power , when you have the headphones or stereo jack in at the same time that you are charging, this will cause a background humming noise . This is because the audio jack is not shielded enough from the power.
    Also , thank you post #550 . Saved me on swapping out phones , not even sprint knew the problem.
    My problem is that I uploaded mp4 files to the pre and when I go to delete them through the USB they wont delete and the filename changes to something like "de1007". Only way I figured to fix this is by resetting it completely.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    i'm getting random reboots on rare occasions with my Pre, 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    i'm getting random reboots on rare occasions with my Pre, 1.3.1.
    Could it just be the battery coming lose when you slide the slider shut too hard?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I use the unlocked "German" Pre in French Switzerland. When I write "ton" or "Ton" which means 'your' in French, id adds "ne" so I get 'tonne'. impossible to get around it, even when I correct it it comes back. Is there an auto-correct feature in the Pre???
    I use my Pre for music often and whenever the headphones (palms orig. equipment) are inserted and I reeive a call or any audio notification it (BLOWS OUT) my speaker.
    I initially thought this was only during music playback...(which it does as well) but i have noticed this on numerous ocassions. needs to be fixed, may even take it to sprint to replace.
    Quote Originally Posted by ylang48 View Post
    I use the unlocked "German" Pre in French Switzerland. When I write "ton" or "Ton" which means 'your' in French, id adds "ne" so I get 'tonne'. impossible to get around it, even when I correct it it comes back. Is there an auto-correct feature in the Pre???
    You can actually easily edit the auto-correct list if you look around here there's an app for that somewhere.
    This bug has been around I think since the beginning, but it's really starting to annoy me lately:

Basically, when I enter my username into a site, the last two characters are numbers. In order to enter it easier, I press the Orange button twice to switch to lock that on.

Then, when I enter the next field, in this case the password entry, it's still locked into the numbers. I enter a few letters (no, not an actual password in this video), and they all come out as symbols and numbers. Then I delete them and start over, and type the whole alphabet as an example.

The only way to get it to enter letters again is to press the Orange key again, type a letter (which comes out as a symbol), and then delete that, and it'll finally let me write letters.