Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1089
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Momentum View Post
    This morning, my Pre alarm went off at 7AM even though it was set to go off at 6AM and the clock on the device was indicating the correct time.

It's as if the alarm didn't change when DST changes, even though the time itself did change.

-JP
    Probably a configuration issue? Are you set to network time? My guess is since when the time changes is different this year than previous years someone forgot to change something in your area. Considering not everyone is experiencing DST related issues it has to be some sort of thing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robapodaca View Post
    This may be more associated with Sprint's network, but since the DST change, my texts that I receive have a time tag of one hour earlier.
    Sounds like the server that delivers messages hasn't be adjusted for DST.
    1. You can't search any string starting with a # - way frustrating
    2. You can't search email...the subject, from, to, etc.
    3. It takes too many clicks to add an event...look at Iphone for help
    4. Memos take 14 seconds to load!
    5. Memos aren't sync'd with all other information
    6. Calendar takes 4 seconds per day to "flip" days when trying to schedule a meeting with others...too long
    7. Calendar, web are not integrated with Sprint Navigation
    8. Notices while phone is docked should have option for minimal display (no texting msgs, no names, etc)
    9. While phone is ringing the touch screen is not very responsive and can hang up calls...too much CPU?
    10. WIFI - disconnects at times and have to restart it to recconect since 1.2.1
    11. # of app page's locked...need more app pages - scrolling is not fun
    12. toolbar at bottom is not customizable - let me put my most used apps there.
    13. Email/Memo's/Doc/PDF won't do landscape
    14. web/email need easy way to get back to top of page - can take 15 or more finger flips
    15. Email - Should have easy button to create email or go back to inbox no matter where in the app you are
    16. Screen shutdown should be customizable by time
    17. Music should have customizable EQ & volume limiting/enhancing control
    18. Cut Copy Past needs to be easier. too many hold down keys
    19. Calendar shouldn't have to open with "ALL" calendars as the default, and "Palm Profile" shouldn't be one of the options since that should be syncing with the others, it shouldn't be used as a input point.
    20. No touch keyboard...there are times I don't want to slide the tray out
    21. Calendar Options - Reminder options need to be # of days, weeks, etc.
    22. Calendar Options - When selecting End dates for events it should pop up a calendar to select from, not simply manual date entry
    23. External notifications when phone is off...blinking wheel?
    24. Keep time posted on top of screen at all times
    25. Sprint Navigation missing many streets vs. my 6 year old gps Tom Tom app
    26. Navigation - make an external BT GPS antenna capable so I can use the phone in the car during navigation, etc.
    27. UNDO I've lost info. from notes when trying the complex copy/paste
    28. Layered/stacked notifications better than only latest
    Bug: no way to hang up a specific call when you have two calls at once. (one active and one on hold)
    Inatead of putting eac one in a quote box I'm just going to bold the quoted items and put my responses below each one.

Holding the orange button while pressing a key for the number will begin a search with a number. You may or may not need to hold the orange key but it is the for sure way to make sure that it registers your desire to use number instead of letter.

I just did a search in email and at quick glance saw sender and subject searched. According to the release notes from a previous update: Search returns any matches found in the subject, From, To, or CC field. That's everything but the body of the email right?

I think I can agree but "there's an app for that" to steal a slogan from iphone http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-event This might suit as an alternative while you pass along your suggestions for improvement to palm: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

How many memos do you have? Mine loads instantly I keep at most about 20 memos.

There are 3rd party options for memo syncing. You can also email memos. Though without a patch you can't bulk send them assuming it is possible to patch it that way. There is probably a lot of info here on the forum about your options here. I encourage you to search and then start a thread in the dev forum section if there isn't an ideal solution for you perhaps someone will take on the project. Personally I'm looking for this to be taken care of in a 100% complete backup solution like we had in many brands on palmOS.

6. Calendar takes 4 seconds per day to "flip" days when trying to schedule a meeting with others...too long

Again this must have to do with volume of items. How many calendar entries do you have? I have had as many as a dozen entries in a single day and took no longer than a couple seconds to load at most typically near instant load.

Copy and paste is a work around for this. I recommend sending the suggestions along to palm as well: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

8. Notices while phone is docked should have option for minimal display (no texting msgs, no names, etc)

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA I don't know if that would be popular with many but it can't hurt sending the request along.

9. While phone is ringing the touch screen is not very responsive and can hang up calls...too much CPU?

Sounds like a typical bogged down senario. Smartphones like PCs the longer the uptime the more bogged down they get. Especially if any of the apps etc you frequently use cause a memory leak or web pages even can cause memory leaks (facebook is one off the top of my head). I make a habbit of rebooting every couple of days and mine is nice and snappy most of the time. If I'm heavy multitasking when a call comes in there is delay in load time and touches at first but that is because I'm trying to do too much stuff at once.

Have you told the pre to forget the network and then reboot and set it up again? Sounds like a communication error with the wifi router/hotspot.

This functionality was coded in by palm but presumably commented out until proper testing could be done on it. There is a patch for that and here are a couple options for applying patches and is as easy as installing apps and copying files to your pre: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html and http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

Open any one of the launcher pages. Then tap and hold on the icon you wish to change. Drag it to the launcher page and release it. Then pick the item you want on the bar tap and hold then drag it to the spot on the bar you want it. May i recommend the http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ps-tricks.html and http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...nt_p100eww.pdf

I'm pretty sure all of these have patches to enable landscape mode. If not check and see if there is a request thread for any that don't and if not go ahead and post one in the dev forum I'm sure someone will whip one up.

14. web/email need easy way to get back to top of page - can take 15 or more finger flips

Might want to look into the multimod browser patch. It may have what you are looking for.

15. Email - Should have easy button to create email or go back to inbox no matter where in the app you are

I like this idea. Send it on over to palm with the other ideas you pass along to them. Perhaps in the mean time someone could whip up a patch to add a compose new mail message in the app menu? check and see if there is a thread for that if not you could make a request thread making it.

Are you referring to something other than the turn the screen off after 30sec, 1min, 2min, 3min setting in the screen and lock app?

Another good one to pass along to sprint and perhaps even along to this dev: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...c-player-remix and see who does it first.

Gesture area and a single key press is the easiest as far as I know did you have something in mind? In fact other than using the menu commands for them I'm not sure if there are other ways to copy as i use them and haven't seen a need to look for another way.

19. Calendar shouldn't have to open with "ALL" calendars as the default, and "Palm Profile" shouldn't be one of the options since that should be syncing with the others, it shouldn't be used as a input point.

Check out the calendar options. You can choose which calendar to be used by default. And the button for calendar view options allows you to choose which calendars (you can do only one if you like) will show in all calendar view. Does this do what you are asking for?

This is available to install using the preware and quick install apps I previously linked in this post. People seem to really like the virtual KB.

This can be done through a patch. Someone made one to add 45, 90 and 120 min options. I believe there is a thread somewhere on the forum for it. If not again I'm sure someone would be more than willing to modify the existing patch to add options you would like to have.

22. Calendar Options - When selecting End dates for events it should pop up a calendar to select from, not simply manual date entry

Another good suggestion to send along to palm. I have seen others bring this up and hope they too sent along the idea to palm.

Another feature coded in by palm but commented out until official testing is completed supposedly. Blinking LED notification can be gotten by applying the patch in either of the two previously mentioned apps for patching. The on/off setting is in the screen and lock app once the patch is applied.

I'm not sure what you mean I always see the top status bar which has the time on it all the time.

Sprint nav is powered by telenav so the street data comes from telenav. I'm pretty sure telenav is the proper channel to contact for errors or omissions in street info.

26. Navigation - make an external BT GPS antenna capable so I can use the phone in the car during navigation, etc.

I'm not sure I understand what is being asked here.

Definitely a really good one to pass along to palm. I know many want this. Maybe we will get lucky and it be in this months update.

I thought there was a way to go down the stack of notifications but if there was I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by freezefire View Post
    Bug: no way to hang up a specific call when you have two calls at once. (one active and one on hold)
    This is a limitation of the CDMA network tech. I'm fairly certain even though it shows another party on hold that if they other person hung up there is no connection for the other line. In other words you aren't getting charge minutes for the call on hold as long as they hang up their end. With three way calling all you need is to have one party hang up. Unfortunately that is no good for if you call out and get VM on the added line. I think it has been said that the line you wish to retain the call with doesn't hang up you can hang up all calls and it puts the remaining caller on hold and then seconds later you get a system call back to your phone to re-initiate the call. Just as if they were put on hold for call waiting.
    My company requires that I have the password feature enabled on my Palm Pre to access our Exchange email at work. This feature requires that you type in the password and then must press the "Done" button that is right above the "Emergency Call" button. I have accidentally pressed the emergency call button one too many times which automatically dials 911! This needs a confirmation step where I have to select yes or no (no being the default) before actually dialing 911!! I have read several other posts from people with Palm Pres that have accidentally called 911 while in their pocket or purse. I can hardly wait for that to happen to me too. Please consider enhancing this feature for the next OS release. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sipriano View Post
    My company requires that I have the password feature enabled on my Palm Pre to access our Exchange email at work. This feature requires that you type in the password and then must press the "Done" button that is right above the "Emergency Call" button. I have accidentally pressed the emergency call button one too many times which automatically dials 911! This needs a confirmation step where I have to select yes or no (no being the default) before actually dialing 911!! I have read several other posts from people with Palm Pres that have accidentally called 911 while in their pocket or purse. I can hardly wait for that to happen to me too. Please consider enhancing this feature for the next OS release. Thanks!
    In the mean time a patch was released to remove the auto dial part so after clicking the emergency call it won't dial 911. But you can still dial it manually after clicking emergency call. It has been out for awhile now. Use quick install or preware whichever you prefer to install the patch.
    No more 'Too Many Cards' error, must have been one of those apps you had me remove. Now to put them back on one at a time to see what it was, Thanks again StoneRyno
    An in call problem ive noticed nearly every time ive been using another app whilst a phone call comes in...

I will answer the call, after a few seconds the screen locks itself (i have this set to 4 char PIN lock after 1 min, but its quicker than this) when I take the phone away from my ear (mid call if nessesary) and try to use the phone I get the background of the 'input PIN' screen but no numbers and it just stays on this 'blank background' until the other person hangs up, the screen then properly appears so I can unlock the phone and use it again. Very weird.

Red
    Quote Originally Posted by kevand View Post
    this was your first post. i can tell you have not had this phone long because you did even take the time to learn how to use it before complaining about it. i would say 90% of your complaints are things this phone does or does with patches.

i would like to add to #80 on the first page of this post. if you swipe away text messages with long conversations stream than those contacts will no longer show up in the txt conversation list even when you get a new text. when you search for the person the full conversation will appear. however essentially if you do this to many contacts when you will get a text you will not have a way to tell who text you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    No more 'Too Many Cards' error, must have been one of those apps you had me remove. Now to put them back on one at a time to see what it was, Thanks again StoneRyno
    Good to hear if you discover which app was the cause do let me know it will help troubleshoot future user issues as we can go more direct to specific apps first. Also knowing which app then a report can be made to the dev to track down whatever in the app causes the leak.
    HI! I post on many forums and blogs with meh Palm Pre.

When clicking "QUOTE" or "MODIFY/edit" on forum and/or blog postings that contain Hyperlinks in the original post being quoted or modified, the Hyperlinks disapear from the form field of my reply post or when I am editing a post.

At first I was thinking that it was the website/forum(s), but its been happening to me everywhere.

I hope you can see how counterproductive this glitch is, if anybody else has noticed it.

There are 50 pages in this thread and I didn't have the time to scan over all the posts to see if this has been brought up already.
    The swipe to delete gesture should be implemented more consistently - I can think of one example I have experienced: the List Apps menu of the Launcher, which allows you to delete apps looks like a perfect candidate for swipe to delete, but instead you have to press the list item, and then you have to tap delete twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    The swipe to delete gesture should be implemented more consistently - I can think of one example I have experienced: the List Apps menu of the Launcher, which allows you to delete apps looks like a perfect candidate for swipe to delete, but instead you have to press the list item, and then you have to tap delete twice.
    I think the way they did it was to minimize accidental deletions. Though you do have a good idea the swipe to delete is a quick and easy way to delete stuff. Have you sent along the suggestion to palm using their suggestions and feedback form?
    I keep getting a txt message stating "The msg could not be delievered due to a network setup error. please contact customer care. error 2112" Unfortunately I am not the main account holder so I can't call customer care correct? Or is it because its a phone issue I can? Also this started since yesterday afternoon and I haven't done anything to the phone different. I tried the reset option and its still doing it; yesterday it just randomly gave me a notice of a network issue, which I thought was cause of the low signal at home. But today my signal at work is great and now it sends me this txt message everytime I txt someone... does anyone know what this could be??
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I think the way they did it was to minimize accidental deletions. Though you do have a good idea the swipe to delete is a quick and easy way to delete stuff. Have you sent along the suggestion to palm using their suggestions and feedback form?
    But you can still have confirmation for deletion, like when deleting text messages (as opposed to no confirmation, like emails).

No, perhaps I should do fill in that form... it's on their web site I presume?

Edit: Now I know why I didn't fill in any feedback form - there isn't one. At least not that I can find anyway. If I follow the support clicks, it eventually sends me to O2 for support. :|
    #11, agree, #14 I think is now resolved - see Pre Cetral; #23 yes still on 11-13; #107 yes. but hey, anyone, LOG IN CREDENTIALS REJECTED! I see multiple posts on dif web site forums about this. Happens to Yahoo and has happened to ATT. Spontaneously corrects although I have done two tech supports thru their contracted out service that you get thru Palm Pre support. They seem to have no idea but since it spontaneously corrects after two hours or many days I am living with it until I throw it out and get a dif phone. Too may bugs for me to rely on.
    Last edited by marchmaggie; 11/13/2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    But you can still have confirmation for deletion, like when deleting text messages (as opposed to no confirmation, like emails).

No, perhaps I should do fill in that form... it's on their web site I presume?

Edit: Now I know why I didn't fill in any feedback form - there isn't one. At least not that I can find anyway. If I follow the support clicks, it eventually sends me to O2 for support. :|
    Sorry about that I forget we have new regions the pre is quitecorrectly new to. Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA I assume this link is valid for all regions. I got it quickly by searching google with terms: palm feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by marchmaggie View Post
    #11, agree, #14 I think is now resolved - see Pre Cetral; #23 yes still on 11-13; #107 yes. but hey, anyone, LOG IN CREDENTIALS REJECTED! I see multiple posts on dif web site forums about this. Happens to Yahoo and has happened to ATT. Spontaneously corrects although I have done two tech supports thru their contracted out service that you get thru Palm Pre support. They seem to have no idea but since it spontaneously corrects after two hours or many days I am living with it until I throw it out and get a dif phone. Too may bugs for me to rely on.
    If I recall correctly the log in credencial problem is due to a kapcha issue on those sites. For some reason it tries to look for kapcha when it can't be presented to the pre where it is expecting it. I think people were able to correct it by logging out and in on a pc and then logging out and in on the pre again. But don't quote me on that. I know the subject has come up before so one of the threads on it at least has the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i would like to add to #80 on the first page of this post. if you swipe away text messages with long conversations stream than those contacts will no longer show up in the txt conversation list even when you get a new text. when you search for the person the full conversation will appear. however essentially if you do this to many contacts when you will get a text you will not have a way to tell who text you.
    I had the same issue as well. I have not had this happen as of v1.3.1 install. We shall see.
    I find there is often lots of useful information in this thread, but this thread has never been properly maintained and is to hard to try to read through and discover real issues or corner cases that are user error.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    After updating to 1.3.1, all day calendar events such as birthdays, holidays, etc., that are single day, all day events on Outlook, are now two day events on the Pre.