Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    On the speaker? It just is quiet.
    No, the bug. You referenced a bug, but I didn't understand what you meant.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    another bug? My signal strength indicator is all over the place. Full bars, then seconds later no bars. Then 3 bars, etc.. When on the web, EV shows up with 5 bars, then disappears like there is no service. WTF!

Getting hotter than my Pre right now!
    Searching for a signal is probably why it's overheating.
    just fyi, the screen light leakage you are referring to is usually referred to as "flashlighting". usually when the screen is warped a bit. On Tvs (LCD) it can usually be fixed by loosening screws on that corner or side.

There is probably no way to fix this on the pre though
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Pre's implementation of MS ActiveSync is broken. The EAS security features, such as commonly used device pin lock and device wipe are absent. Without these basic EAS security features lots of Pre's enterprise users will be cut off from their work email. It was a show stopper for me as I had to return the Pre right after the purchase
    I'm glad you brought this up for people's reference, but I'm not adding it to the buglist at this time. Sounds more like a missing feature to me. It is kind of a fine line. Let me know if you disagree.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Not sure if it is a bug or just me, but if I search for a contact, then click on the sms icon next to their mobile number it opens a new text addressed to their work number. Anyone else getting this?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    Not sure if it is a bug or just me, but if I search for a contact, then click on the sms icon next to their mobile number it opens a new text addressed to their work number. Anyone else getting this?
    Anyone else having this issue? I'd just like to know if it is common to all Pre's. What version of the software are you using? Have you applied the update? Just wondering if it was already fixed.

Transferred my contacts from my 6800 win-mobile to the pre and all the contacts are saved as notes in my contact list.... WTF!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, while using the text messaging, it puts timestamps on the messages recieved, and they are an hour off. is anyone else having this? coudl it be something wrong with my time zone settings? the pre's clock is correct.
    I know forums aren't a great place for order, but we keep most posts to listing a NEW bug, then maybe later we can figure out how many people have each bug with their device. Also, if there is a separate thread with the bug described in greater detail - Link it.
    I have turned my phone every which way, on the web, looking at photos, and still cant get it to rotate, what gives?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Anyone else having this issue? I'd just like to know if it is common to all Pre's. What version of the software are you using? Have you applied the update? Just wondering if it was already fixed.
    I have applied the update. Still having the problem. So far it is only happening with one contact, so I am not sure if it is something with that contact or a system wide problem.
    I think i found a bug with the facebook contact syncing. First sync works fine, all contacts are fetched. However, if you add a contact to facebook and then tell it to sync again, nothing happens.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Pre's implementation of MS ActiveSync is broken. The EAS security features, such as commonly used device pin lock and device wipe are absent. Without these basic EAS security features lots of Pre's enterprise users will be cut off from their work email. It was a show stopper for me as I had to return the Pre right after the purchase
    Actually, it's incorrect to say it's "broken". More correctly, only certain features of EAS were implemented. Those absent security features were pretty well documented and discussed here. I expect advanced features on either an update later, or a new device.
    Hey everyone. I have seen a few of these issues. Just to let you know we are swapping phones with no hassles. Just go to a corp store!! With the EAS issue, palm did say they are going to add those features.
    Man I am sorry about the light leakage issues, but we are the early adopters, (well not me, but I would be if I didn't work for Sprint) so that means we will get some bugs. I know I know these things should be tested, an they are, but its electronics, come on!
    I have complete faith in Palm and Sprint to push software fixes as soon as their remedied. This is a big deal for both companies and were going to go above and beyound to make it a complete success.
    I'm just an employee so I don't speak for the company, I just wanted to state that!
    Some people aren't receiving pics from me and some are. I have received everything I've been sent so far tho
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    these are MAJOR problems for me. i WILL return this if it's not fixed within the 30 day trial period:

1. STATE on incoming calls. i use my phone for business calls and when i get a call from an unknown number (area code) i like to be able to see the state where the call is originating from like PREVIOUS PALM PHONES. it lets me relate to previous phone calls and emails so i can be ready mentally for the call when i answer.

2. NO VISUAL ALERT???!?! for a missed call, an incoming text, voice mail, etc?????????

3. can't change the alert sound for texts and emails? WTF? this is elementary for god's sake.

4. no PAM (ICS/usbmodem/pdanet).

not a dealbreaker for me but.... no slingbox sucks...
    Last edited by though; 06/06/2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yeh i gotta little leakage also. not sure at what point i go thru the exchange process.. does this first symptom mean it will get worse? or will it stay the same?

Also having lots of crashes freeze up, seems to be centered around closing the keyboard.
    Since there is no stated native Mac support I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug. Sometimes when I connect via USB to my Mac the Pre fails to mount as a removable drive. It goes into charging mode but I don't get prompted to select USB Mode. Unplugging the USB and re-plugging it several times usually gets it to mount though.
    Verizon
    Antenna
    Since the device is so slim, the antenna may have been compromised in comparison to HW used in other devices. I'm noticing a consistent drop in signal strength of about -10 to -15 dB in identical environments using a Centro as a reference. (See Attached)

Firmware
    Original SW had one freeze on me prior to updating.

New/Current SW can be sluggish at times during heavy multitasking, or Pandora + anything else.

When deleting an Exchange account, the progress stayed in an endless loop with no confirmation the account had been successfully deleted.

Bluetooth
    Possibly user error on my end, but
    -cannot change the default device name from "YourProfileName's Pre"
    -cannot receive mp3 files via BT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by i500; 06/06/2009 at 11:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Not really a big, but has anyone found a way to send a text to a number in the call log? This is big for me. I don't pickup numbers I don't have saved, I send them a text.
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast