Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    I keep getting the error "too many cards open" and I dont have any opened! I have to turn off my phone to correct it. What the heck?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    There are a number of things that can cause flicker some may be bugs but some are oddities from the current activity. For example it will flicker while on a call if the proximity senser is repeatedly triggered by getting close and then not close to it. Which is a perfectly expected behavior of the sensor as it detects whatever gets close and then moves away from it. Outside of that I have not experienced any flicker since after the first or second update.
    This seems to be an issue mainly with voicemail. I can't access the on-screen keys for voicemail menu options. I have to use the keyboard numbers. Once I hang up, the screen goes back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    My wife's new Pre just had an issue with the screen flickering on a call. I figured out that it must be a proximity sensor issue... my wife still had her protective cover on it (we just bought it yesterday) and it was bubbling pretty badly... so I just ripped it off and VOILA! It fixed the problem!!!! The proximity sensor must have been confused by the protective cover.

Those who have protective screen covers, maybe they need to be cleaned or removed. They must be confusing the proximity sensor!

How funny that such a simple thing caused such an ugly problem. We were *this* close to taking the Pre back!

That's a good point.... I just noticed this shortly after putting on my Skinomi screen protector. Didn't have this problem before I applied it. So I've got no good way to protect the screen from scratches?
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    I keep getting the error "too many cards open" and I dont have any opened! I have to turn off my phone to correct it. What the heck?
    It is possible even with no cards open that the RAM(system memory) has filled up from memory leaks. I have managed to trigger memory leaks with no cards open when connected to my PC and something goes wrong in the process of what I'm doing that requires the connection to the PC. With that said we will need a lot of details of what your activity with the device was prior to the point where you got the error message. It is highly possible one or more of the tasks you were performing with the device prior to the error message didn't close correctly or clean up the memory after itself due to an error perhaps which would lead up to the too many cards error. Please provide as much info as possible including anything that didn't feel normal during all of your use prior to the error. With that info hopefully we will be able to pinpoint one or more things to try and replicated the error. If we can replicate the error then we may have enough info to report the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
    This seems to be an issue mainly with voicemail. I can't access the on-screen keys for voicemail menu options. I have to use the keyboard numbers. Once I hang up, the screen goes back to normal.
    Does it happen in speaker phone mode or is it still in normal phone mode when you are trying to press the numbers of the screen? I notice when trying to tap stuff near the top of the screen during a call and I'm in normal phone mode the proximity sensor is triggered.

That's a good point.... I just noticed this shortly after putting on my Skinomi screen protector. Didn't have this problem before I applied it. So I've got no good way to protect the screen from scratches?
    Not all screen protectors and cases where a screen protector is installed appear to have issues with the proximity sensor so to make sure for sure it is the protector or not we have to eliminate other know causes first. I have a boxwave on mine and I have no issues with it interfering with the proximity sensor. It however doesn't cover all the way up on the pre either. It stops right below the earpiece and curves slightly up on each side. I have no idea the exact spot the sensor is in I only know it is somewhere near the earpiece.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    The IR sensor appears to be just right of the earpiece
    just above the screen so if your screen protector is causing
    a problem then just make sure it's clear of that area.

ian
    It is possible even with no cards open that the RAM(system memory) has filled up from memory leaks. I have managed to trigger memory leaks with no cards open when connected to my PC and something goes wrong in the process of what I'm doing that requires the connection to the PC. With that said we will need a lot of details of what your activity with the device was prior to the point where you got the error message. It is highly possible one or more of the tasks you were performing with the device prior to the error message didn't close correctly or clean up the memory after itself due to an error perhaps which would lead up to the too many cards error. Please provide as much info as possible including anything that didn't feel normal during all of your use prior to the error. With that info hopefully we will be able to pinpoint one or more things to try and replicated the error. If we can replicate the error then we may have enough info to report the issue.
    I was in the middle of installing the package manager (I think thats what it's called) so that I could allow tweaks for my phone. In the middle of the install I got a darn phone call. Screwed everything up. SO, I did the WebOS doctor to fix my phone (barely worked) then did the Palm updates. I then kept adding others things as normal, new apps, pics, and video. The phone has since seemed way slower and within the past 3 days I've got the error message 'Too Many Cards'. I did seem to be slow after this all happened, and by slow I mean everything from loading the Calendar to punching in numbers when making a call, although I dont think I recieved the 'Too Many Cards' error untill I installed the MRacer game and the new version of Switcharoo. Hopefully thats enough info for ya =)
    ok, here is a bug found by me. perhaps someone can confirm.

contacts: enter gmail im details for a contact and go back to the list. now go back into the contact. edit and swipe to delete the gmail information and then confirm. directly after confirming, while the entry is fading out, click "done". sometimes it does not delete the entry, or the entry seems deleted but when you go back directly into edit it is almost there. it also happens that it is twice there instead of beeing deleted. try to toggle delete/done/edit very fast. it seems to me that there is some delay with the storage or some caching or something like that.

i hope the database does not get corrupted by this bug. can anybody confirm this?
    Randomly switches to airplane mode is happening to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    I was in the middle of installing the package manager (I think thats what it's called) so that I could allow tweaks for my phone. In the middle of the install I got a darn phone call. Screwed everything up. SO, I did the WebOS doctor to fix my phone (barely worked) then did the Palm updates. I then kept adding others things as normal, new apps, pics, and video. The phone has since seemed way slower and within the past 3 days I've got the error message 'Too Many Cards'. I did seem to be slow after this all happened, and by slow I mean everything from loading the Calendar to punching in numbers when making a call, although I dont think I recieved the 'Too Many Cards' error untill I installed the MRacer game and the new version of Switcharoo. Hopefully thats enough info for ya =)
    Enough detail for me to suspect that MRacer and/or Switcharoo may be a cause for too many cards. If you would be willing to can you remove those two apps and then reboot and let me know how things go over the next few days or so. If things are still sluggish and you still get too many cards errors we will have to go down the list of every app, patch, etc and selectively eliminate them.
    Alright, consider it done. I'll see how this works, and hopefully it does. If it doesn't you'll most likely be hearing from me =) Although, if it is one of the two apps I stated above and deleting them fixes the problem, do you think it was a fluke installation and that they should work if reinstalled? Don't care too much about MRacer but I love Switcharoo!
    Well, I gues I had forgotten the fact I also installed Preopoly and Wabbit Hunt, both deleted now, as well as MRacer and Switcharoo. Now I believe I'm back to how the phone was before I recieved the Too Many Cards error.
    Does it happen in speaker phone mode or is it still in normal phone mode when you are trying to press the numbers of the screen? I notice when trying to tap stuff near the top of the screen during a call and I'm in normal phone mode the proximity sensor is triggered.
    It happens in normal mode, not speaker phone mode. And it really only causes an issue with voicemail because that's about the only time I need to hit the keys for menu options. I don't normally need to look at my screen when I'm on any other call.....
    The skinomi is a plastic shield with cutouts for the earpiece, mouthpiece and center button. I've only had it on a week or so and don't recall having any problems with screen flicker while on a call when it wasn't installed.
    It happens in normal mode, not speaker phone mode. And it really only causes an issue with voicemail because that's about the only time I need to hit the keys for menu options. I don't normally need to look at my screen when I'm on any other call.....
    The skinomi is a plastic shield with cutouts for the earpiece, mouthpiece and center button. I've only had it on a week or so and don't recall having any problems with screen flicker while on a call when it wasn't installed.
    Your finger is getting too close to the proximity sensor and is triggering it and if it is going in and out of that trigger range you will get the flicker like results. I would have suspected the screen protector if it also happened in speaker phone mode. I also switch to speaker phone mode when I have to touch the screen near the earpiece so as to not trigger the proximity sensor. Like you I rarely have to touch near it.
    Why does my alarm clock not work sometimes? I keep thinking the latest updates fix the alarm clock problem, but it happened again this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by phifedog View Post
    Why does my alarm clock not work sometimes? I keep thinking the latest updates fix the alarm clock problem, but it happened again this morning.
    Please provide as much detail as possible how exactly it doesn't work and how and what you are doing with the app. I have never heard of any issues with the alarm clock until your post. Perhaps whatever is happening is something other than a bug or at least has something you can do to make it work the way it isn't.
    My touch screen only works when I have the USB cable plugged in. Is anyone else having this problem? I saw one post on Palm.com but no answers. I'm on my way to the Sprint store....
    Didn't see this in the list of existing bugs, but universal search for contacts doesn't work as well with the company name field as 'normal' name - I have a couple of local taxi firms in my contacts, and I used to have the name, like 'Swiftline Taxis' in the company name field, and leave the 'normal' name field empty.

The problem is that searching for 'taxi' in either universal search or within the contacts app doesn't display those contacts.

If I search for 'Swif' then it finds it fine. If I remove the name from the company field and put it in the 'normal' name instead, then searching for 'taxi' will find the contact.
    two more bugs:

1. when you are touching the gesture area while shutting down the device, the middle button light is on. When you are touching the are the whole time until it is completly off, the button light remains on and does not switch off

2. when in email app and you are clicking at the sender the contact details are showing up. When you click on edit the adress is missing. click on done and edit again to display the adress.
    This morning, my Pre alarm went off at 7AM even though it was set to go off at 6AM and the clock on the device was indicating the correct time.

It's as if the alarm didn't change when DST changes, even though the time itself did change.

-JP
    This may be more associated with Sprint's network, but since the DST change, my texts that I receive have a time tag of one hour earlier.