Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Yes, even after rebooting the pre (many times), it takes 2-3 attempts to turn bluetooth back on.

There is nothing going on in the background that I am aware of.

It is not a delay in the system menu. The problem is definitely with the bluetooth app/service. When I hit "Turn on bluetooth" the 1st time, the system menu disappears as if the command was recognized but bluetooth is still NOT turned on. When I go back to the menu, "turn on bluetooth" still appears as if I had not previously selected that command. When I hit "turn on bluetooth" again, same thing happens. It looks like the Pre will obey my command (sometimes the 2nd time works) but most of the time I have to go back to the menu the 3rd time before my wishes are granted.

Just give it a try. Turn off bluetooth then immediately try to turn it back on and see what happens. Please post your results.
    I better understand the details of what you are experiencing. Ok I replicated your experience on my pre. I decided to further investigate what may be the cause. I went into BT app and turned on BT. I proceeded to turn it off after it searched for my headset to find it was not on. I then turned off BT. It takes about 20-30 seconds for it to turn off. During this time it is no possible to turn it back on since it is still processing turning it off. So clicking on the menu item the subroutine called by clicking the menu item begins and closes the menu as it is meant to but when it gets to the code to turn on BT it silently handles the error routine and ignores the request to turn it on since it is still in the turn off process.

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I didn't see this here but there are 48 pages of messages. :>

I use Google Calendar and my alerts import fine but they do not show up "colored" in the calendar in month view. I have an alert for today as its my friends BD and when I look at month view it does show anything but when I go to day view its there in color showing as a Google alert.

Also when in email if I am looking at an email and use the trash can at the bottom right to delete, it deletes every email in the inbox not just the one email I am looking at.
    All day events do not show up in month view but there is a patch for that. Also month view does not display colors when all calendar option is chosen unfortunately. These are highly requested features so hopefully we will see them officially implemented in the future. I'd love to see colors for each calendar seen when see all calendars is selected in month view in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by txjak View Post
    Just for grins, I tried using lynx (text based browser) on Linux to vote. It ended up on the same Page Not Found error page that the Pre browser did. Apparently, there is something about the Pre browser that makes it unusable on this website. Is there a way to make the Pre browser masquerade as Safari, Firefox, Opera or some other browser that does work?
    I believe there is a patch to make sites think your the iphone. Though I don't know if it will make a difference it seems to me there is something in the site the browser can't handle processing. Though my guess could be wrong so it may be worth trying. I don't see the patch in preware so it may be that it has to be updated or no longer works as expected.
    I guess I found a (minor) bug:

I live in France, so I often need accented characters in my mail messages.

Whenever I needed to insert an accented "i" in the body of a mail message, the font-style would turn to italics, starting from the accented "i" onward.

Digging further:
    • Happens in the body of a mail message while composing, not in the subject line.
    • If adding oneself as a receiver of the composed message, reading the received mail in the Mail application will not exhibit any italics font-style. Reading the same message under Firefox will exhibit the italics font-style (asking for message source under Firefox confirmed this)
    • Happens only in the Mail application: testing the same in the Memos application did not exhibit the issue.
    • Issue not specific to an accented "i" character, this seems to be a Sym-"i" keystroke issue: any character inserted with Sym-"i" ("", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "") will exhibit the issue.
    • Looking further, pressing Sym-"i" apparently toggles italics font-style: inserting a first Sym-"i" character will turn italics on, then later inserting another Sym-"i" will turn italics off.

My configuration:
    • Palm Pre
    • webOS 1.2.1
    • Regional Setting set to LANGUAGE="English/United States", but FORMATS="France" (French of course!)
    • Various patches installed (QuickInstall + Preware, maybe a few others), but I doubt this can be the reason for the issue

Finally tried but could not reproduce this behavior on the Emulator (SDK 1.2.0.33).

Can anyone reproduce/confirm this?
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I would like to be able to forward text messages, and I would also like to be able to turn the back light completely off while the phone is on the Touchstone Charger. Thanks
    Issue with syncing contacts from the Palm Profile.

I work in a repair center, and had a customer come in that had just synced up their replacement phone with the palm profile, and it would only load 15 of their phone numbers. They originally had over 300. I performed a search on the forums, but was unable to find anything. Does anyone have any idea as far as how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    ^did you check the original Pre if indeed it had 300 contacts in Palm Profile? If he had more than one account for contacts and the default account is other than Palm Profile, then all those 'new' contacts that were added would be in the other account (might still be retrievable if you login to the other account). Makes sense?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^did you check the original Pre if indeed it had 300 contacts in Palm Profile? If he had more than one account for contacts and the default account is other than Palm Profile, then all those 'new' contacts that were added would be in the other account (might still be retrievable if you login to the other account). Makes sense?
    Indeed. I asked him if there was a different one, and he said that there was not another account. I'm stumped here, and i've had this happen before for previous customers.
    i don't know if this is a known bug...i did not find anything similar:

since yesterday everytime after pluging in the microusb for charging or syncing the toucharea of the pre freezes... also when the usb plug isn't put into the notebook or into the charger...so it has to be a hardware-bug, right?
    the keys (centerbutton and all other keys) are workin' fine...just the toucharea strikes...
    after pluging it out and in and out an in and out.... it's workin' again....
    damn...
    what can i do know?
    Today the toucharea freezed while i was using the youtube, without pluging in the microusb....so it seems to be a general problem with my device...
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    I would like to be able to forward text messages, and I would also like to be able to turn the back light completely off while the phone is on the Touchstone Charger. Thanks
    Text forwarding has been out practically since release as a patch. It is as easy as installing an app now too. Head to the thread for Preware. Read the 1st post, install it and get access to a multitude of stuff all of which is as easy as installing an app. The touchtone thing you seek I believe the brightness unlinked app does or will do what you asked. The topic came up in it's thread here on the forum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
    Indeed. I asked him if there was a different one, and he said that there was not another account. I'm stumped here, and i've had this happen before for previous customers.
    If there were tons of contacts before and none now there had to be other accounts (google, facebook, yahoo, AIM, exchange, etc). The only way they would be missing if there really was no other accounts linked to the device is to have added them all within 24 hours of exchanging for the new one. Palm profile backs up every day. Other accounts sync every 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by pajouh View Post
    Today the toucharea freezed while i was using the youtube, without pluging in the microusb....so it seems to be a general problem with my device...
    The touchscreen may be going bad. If you have any patches, tweaks, or apps from outside of the app catalog installed I'd remove them all and take the pre to an authorized repair center, in the case of sprint that would be a sprint store with repair techs. They will look at it to determine if it needs to be replaced. The reason for removing all the other stuff is so they don't take the lazy route and blame it on something like that instead of diagnosing the problem.
    When I enable the "play sound" feature in the messaging and I have the "show notifications" feature enabled also, SMS messages do not show up as notifications (I missed numerous sms messages b/c I never received a notification, even though "show notification" was on. If I turn the play sound feature off, then sms messages will show up as notifications. This problem effectively renders the play sound feature null and void because it can only be on when 'show notification' is on but when both are on notifications are not shown nor is any sound played.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I've successfully recreated a bug in PDF Viewer 3x.

I would still like confirmation by a nuetral party.

The bug involves PDF Viewer 1.2 and the Find function within PDF Viewer

In version 1.2 of PDF Viewer when you tap the app menu [upper left corner] and select FIND

A find field appears, however it appears behind the PDF Viewer title bar. [notices the 'Find Next' & 'Find Previous' navigation arrows behind the right side of the title bar in Figure #1]

Figure #1

Resolution...

I reverted back to PDF Viewer 1.1 by deleting the directory /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer on the Pre and then opening webOS Doctor 1.1 and navigating to resources, then opened webos.tar --> .\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz --> .\usr\palm\applications\ --> com.palm.app.pdfviewer.tar.gz

I unpacked this archive file and copied it's content to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer. [the archive had a directory of the same name]

I then restarted Luna using Luna Manager

Upon opening PDF Viewer the FIND menu option looked like this....

Figure 2.

The FIND Field can be seen clearly here.

I repeated this process twice more.

Impact:

1.) Will have to blindly type in search text into the FIND field.
    2.) When searching for a string, the FIND function takes you to the first HIT. Subsequent HITS will be inaccessible.
    3.) Will reverting back to PDF Viewer 1.1 break Landscape Mode and Extract PDF Viewer v1.2.1 patches?????

Alternate resolution:

Will be looking for specific files from webOS 1.1 to replace in webOS 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindright9 View Post
    When I enable the "play sound" feature in the messaging and I have the "show notifications" feature enabled also, SMS messages do not show up as notifications (I missed numerous sms messages b/c I never received a notification, even though "show notification" was on. If I turn the play sound feature off, then sms messages will show up as notifications. This problem effectively renders the play sound feature null and void because it can only be on when 'show notification' is on but when both are on notifications are not shown nor is any sound played.
    Check screen and lock make sure show when locked it turned on. Check sounds and ringtones for thoroughness and make sure system sounds is on and volume is where you want it. And if you have the SMS tone patch or my notification or other 3rd party app that does the same thing make sure that you have manually set a tone (my experience is that by default there is no tone at all even though prior to install there is the default sound. And lastly in messaging make sure show notification and play sound are on. I know of one exception if all of that is properly set in which notifications don't show on the screen properly. I have been trying out a number of themes and I have noticed some of them text notifications aren't always showing even when it is correctly set. Unfortunately I haven't payed attention to which themes and what is different that may be the cause. I can say for certain my current them, TMNT, appears to be effected and sometimes they show and sometimes they don't. Perhaps someone with more knowhow can explain why it happens.
    All of the necessary settings are set properly. There is something about turning 'play sound' in the messaging app 'on' that causes sms notifications not to appear. When 'play sound' is 'off', sms notifications appear as they should. This must be a bug of some sort because, again 'play sound' can only be enabled when 'show notifications' is also enabled, but when both are enabled sms notifications do not show (nor does any sound play). The only change I have to make to get sms notifications to show up is turn 'play sound' 'off', after which sms notifications show up as they should. I tried unstalling the theme I had and that did not make a difference. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Mindright9; 10/22/2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindright9 View Post
    All of the necessary settings are set properly. There is something about turning 'play sound' in the messaging app 'on' that causes sms notifications not to appear. When 'play sound' is 'off', sms notifications appear as they should. This must be a bug of some sort because, again 'play sound' can only be enabled when 'show notifications' is also enabled, but when both are enabled sms notifications do not show (nor does any sound play). The only change I have to make to get sms notifications to show up is turn 'play sound' 'off', after which sms notifications show up as they should. I tried unstalling the theme I had and that did not make a difference. Any other suggestions?
    I'm not sure what else to look into. I can tell you for certain I have both show notifications and play sound on and I see them and hear a sound and also have the LED notification thing on so I see the LED light up after to remind me I have notifications. And with the exception of this current theme they show up every time. But for some reason they don't always with my current theme. However it seems they show more than not show.

With that said lets look at some other stuff and see if we can find what is different that may even if remotely be a factor as to why you are having an issue. Would you list all of the patches and apps you have installed on your device. And if any modifications you have done on your own, for example I have modified the look of the browser start page working towards making a patch for it. Do you have a PIN or password lock or just the slide up to unlock lock? For now this is all I can think of to look at. I may have some more ideas after we look at these.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I've spent the last few days laid up recovering
    from surgery, doing all my reading and posting from
    my Pre. Have run into a very annoying bug while
    filling in textbox fields like the quick post box
    at the bottom of this page. Every so often all
    the text I've typed grows a couple font sizes
    but the browser doesn't behave as though it knows
    it has happened. Means the text overflows off
    the right and bottom of the field but I can't
    scroll to see it because the browser thinks it's
    still smaller font size.

Zooming in or out doesn't help.
    I end up having to select all the text, copy, reload
    the page and paste it in smaller again.

It happens mostly when I switch apps away from
    and then back to browser while composing a
    message (such as this one). I've seen it happen
    spontaneously as well, and I see the same font size
    shift right after I hit the Post button but it's
    not a problem then.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 10/22/2009 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I've spent the last few days laid up recovering
    from surgery, doing all my reading and posting from
    my Pre. Have run into a very annoying bug while
    filling in textbox fields like the quick post box
    at the bottom of this page. Every so often all
    the text I've typed grows a couple font sizes
    but the browser doesn't behave as though it knows
    it has happened. Means the text overflows off
    the right and bottom of the field but I can't
    scroll to see it because the browser thinks it's
    still smaller font size.

Zooming in or out doesn't help.
    I end up having to select all the text, copy, reload
    the page and paste it in smaller again.

It happens mostly when I switch apps away from
    and then back to browser while composing a
    message (such as this one). I've seen it happen
    spontaneously as well, and I see the same font size
    shift right after I hit the Post button but it's
    not a problem then.

ian
    I see this happen too. I haven't had it happen enough to be able to identify the process to replicate it. I also don't reply on the forum enough to really give it a workout and get the info to track down a routine to replicate. Perhaps if you can watch closely at the details of what occurs leading up to when it happens we may come up with a method for replicating it.
    Issue with syncing contacts from the Palm Profile.

I work in a repair center, and had a customer come in that had just synced up their replacement phone with the palm profile, and it would only load 15 of their phone numbers. They originally had over 300. I performed a search on the forums, but was unable to find anything. Does anyone have any idea as far as how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Did you backup the old pre to Palm Profile manually before activating the new one? The backup program seems to have developed a glitch after the 1.2.x updates.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Has the phone issue that was outlined in the original post (#22 screen flickers while on a call) been addressed? I just recently started experiencing it....
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
    Has the phone issue that was outlined in the original post (#22 screen flickers while on a call) been addressed? I just recently started experiencing it....
    There are a number of things that can cause flicker some may be bugs but some are oddities from the current activity. For example it will flicker while on a call if the proximity senser is repeatedly triggered by getting close and then not close to it. Which is a perfectly expected behavior of the sensor as it detects whatever gets close and then moves away from it. Outside of that I have not experienced any flicker since after the first or second update.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    My wife's new Pre just had an issue with the screen flickering on a call. I figured out that it must be a proximity sensor issue... my wife still had her protective cover on it (we just bought it yesterday) and it was bubbling pretty badly... so I just ripped it off and VOILA! It fixed the problem!!!! The proximity sensor must have been confused by the protective cover.

Those who have protective screen covers, maybe they need to be cleaned or removed. They must be confusing the proximity sensor!

How funny that such a simple thing caused such an ugly problem. We were *this* close to taking the Pre back!