Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emannarino View Post
    I can't imagine that there is anything really different, all I can think of is maybe work is creating the pdfs in an older version that the pdf viewer might not be set up for or something. The pdfs are from our internal webpage that include our work schedules for the month. One thing that I have noticed is if I download the pdf's on my computer and then place them on the pre via usb they work great, but when downloaded on the pre the file name is a little wierd, for example: downloaded on pc filename would be "dca_ca_oct.pdf" but on pre in the download folder it would be ".dca_ca_oct.pdf". That's one of the wierd things I'm noticing as well, the file looks like it downloads, but I can't even open it when I put my pre on the computer and get the file in the download folder on the pre, but when I go from pc to pre it works fine. Very confused.
    Do any of the other PDFs you download with the pre have a leading period? If not then it is my guess that the leading period is the cause of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    everytime i hit the phone icon to call someone i cant see the numbers anymore. it happen sometime after i updated preware. can anyone help me with this. i cant find anything about this happening in any forum.
    Can you post a screenshot? Did you install a theme or a patch prior to updating and prior to the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bstetiger View Post
    I currently have version 1.2.1 on my phone and the ear symbol popped up yesterday? My phone seems to be working properly but I would like to know what that symbol is.
    It has nothing to do with the wifi because mine is turned off and I'm not anywhere around a wifi spot.

Any ideas?
    Can you post a screenshot? I am having trouble trying to figure out what people mean by ear symbol. I have tried turning on all sorts of different things but I don't identify anything as looking like an ear.
    i did download a theme. the michigan wolverine theme through preware. i downloaded a couple patches and apps too after i updated preware. ive already removed everything though. i even did a partial erase. part of the theme did get stuck on my phone but i installed it again and removed it and now its all gone but still i cant see my numbers when i try to dial. i did install a theme prior to updating no patches though. i just got the phone a week ago.
    Last edited by jetsfanccr; 10/10/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    i did download a theme. the michigan wolverine theme through preware. i downloaded a couple patches and apps too after i updated preware. ive already removed everything though. i even did a partial erase. part of the theme did get stuck on my phone but i installed it again and removed it and now its all gone but still i cant see my numbers when i try to dial. i did install a theme prior to updating no patches though. i just got the phone a week ago.
    It looks like perhaps the image(s) for the buttons might be missing or corrupt. It may also be possible that one of the files related to the app itself like a css or jsjsjs $file$ $may$ $have$ $a$ $problem$ $and$ $didn$'$t$ $get$ $reversed$ $properly$, $though$ $I$'$m$ $more$ $inclined$ $to$ $think$ $it$ $might$ $be$ $an$ $image$ $file$ $issue$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $researched$ $where$ $all$ $the$ $files$ $are$ $at$ $that$ $are$ $changed$ $for$ $themes$ $so$ $I$'$m$ $afraid$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $where$ $to$ $point$ $you$ $to$ $find$ $the$ $image$($s$) $related$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $app$.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    ^ as mentioned in the other post, that happens when you dialer_assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $messed$ $up$. $Either$ $get$ $a$ $clean$ $copy$ $or$ $run$ $repair$ $utility$ $and$ $it$ $should$ $be$ $fixed$.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Do any of the other PDFs you download with the pre have a leading period? If not then it is my guess that the leading period is the cause of the problem.
    No period before any of the other pdfs that I have downloaded on the pre. What could be the cause of this though, is it something from the website? When I download the pdfs on my PC there is no period before them. And if I download on PC and then copy them to the phone they work fine, but that kind of defeats the purpose, as usually I'm on the road when trying to do this.
    No period before any of the other pdfs that I have downloaded on the pre. What could be the cause of this though, is it something from the website? When I download the pdfs on my PC there is no period before them. And if I download on PC and then copy them to the phone they work fine, but that kind of defeats the purpose, as usually I'm on the road when trying to do this.
    I don't know why a period is being added but it seems to me that period is why you are having issue with those PDFs. I don't know if Internalz (file manager app) can rename those files but if it can it would at least be a workaround to remove the period. If your work has an IT department you could ask them why when you download the files on your pre a period is added when downloading them elsewhere it doesn't. Otherwise I'm not thinking of anything else to do at this time.
    Pull up Clock on a card. Time on top of screen (between the Application Name and Connection Icons) sometimes does not match time on Clock. BUG.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Ear symbol on top of the screen next to the EV symbolUnknown_2009-13-10_203956.jpg
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Ear symbol on top of the screen next to the EV symbolUnknown_2009-13-10_203956.jpg
    That's a symbol for Hearing Aid Compatibility; this is the symbol for it: http://www.m2cshop.com/store/images/Temp/hac_s.png

How to get rid of it, i don't know but there r posts on this before and they must have found the solution; search around.

Try turning off and on your bluetooth connection.
    That looks like perhaps the wifi symbol has been customized for the theme. That is the place where the wifi symbol appears if it is on and has no connection.
    I usually visit this site that requires its users to login. To login to a website, using a browser, it's a pop-up login. On the Palm Pre, it's also a pop-up login, but for some reason, my Palm Pre keeps showing the pop-up login, and I have to re-enter my username and password, and it just won't log on at all.........

I've had many crappy phones in the past, including the Samsung Instinct... All those phones were able to log me in to that website, so why can't my Palm Pre?
    Here's a bug I've got on two Pre (1.2.1). The email application WON'T RENDER IMAGES when using an EAS (Exchange Server) account. EAS account emails just look like a bunch of hyperlinks to the remote images. The identical email renders fine on the Pre using a POP account like hotmail. Outlook Web Access also renders the images on the Pre fine. Something is wrong with the way the Pre handles EAS emails.
    ^We have EAS email for work and the mail client on the Pre handles html emails very well including images. Email on the Pre actually stands out as one of the best features for me. i have read in this forum about nightmares re EAS. So far i've never had any issues since day one. And I work for a BIG company.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I have webos1.2.1 and am finally able to download some pdf's through the browser, but the ones from my work website still aren't working, they open a new card and download, but there seems to be an issue with the download process or something, the little bar goes through the download progress and then has a little yellow triangle sign on the right where the little arrow should be. Is anyone else having this problem or is it isolated to my work's pdf files?
    I'm having the same problem you have. Before I updated to webos1.2 I could download and open .pdf files from my school's website. After the update, I couldn't open the same .pdf files anymore. It does the same thing you just described. The browser opens up a new card, downloads the file showing you the progress bar, completes downloading it, but when you click on the file, it opens up another card but then it says "PDF View has encountered an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. Error message: Render document failed."
    Has anyone noticed that if you turn off bluetooth and "try" to turn it back on, you have to hit "turn on Bluetooth" 2 or 3 times before it comes back on?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Has anyone seen a problem like this? I'm trying to vote for my daughter on this website: http: //j.mp/19pkCE (remove space between http: and //) and can do so via my iPod Touch tethered to my Pre. When I try to vote directly using my Pre, however, I get a Page Not Found error when I press the "Vote for Me" button.

While the tethered iPod is a work-around, I'd rather be able to vote using the Pre alone. The website admin people say they haven't had any other reports of a problem like this, but I'm thinking that it's probably something about the Pre's browser that their software doesn't like.
    I have webos1.2.1 and am finally able to download some pdf's through the browser, but the ones from my work website still aren't working, they open a new card and download, but there seems to be an issue with the download process or something, the little bar goes through the download progress and then has a little yellow triangle sign on the right where the little arrow should be. Is anyone else having this problem or is it isolated to my work's pdf files?
    Quote Originally Posted by small-g View Post
    I'm having the same problem you have. Before I updated to webos1.2 I could download and open .pdf files from my school's website. After the update, I couldn't open the same .pdf files anymore. It does the same thing you just described. The browser opens up a new card, downloads the file showing you the progress bar, completes downloading it, but when you click on the file, it opens up another card but then it says "PDF View has encountered an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. Error message: Render document failed."
    I'm going to take a wild quess that perhaps the PDFs are created using a newer version of adobe and or contain new elements in them that aren't compatible with the webOS reader. Palm tech support may be best suited for this is there is no info in the self support area on the website to shed light on these PDF issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Has anyone noticed that if you turn off bluetooth and "try" to turn it back on, you have to hit "turn on Bluetooth" 2 or 3 times before it comes back on?
    Does this persist after rebooting the pre as well? If so is there anything going on in the background wile clicking to turn on? Is this a delay in only the system menu or also in the bluetooth app toggle switch? And is it a click to turn it on immediately after turning it off or after a significant delay?

Quote Originally Posted by txjak View Post
    Has anyone seen a problem like this? I'm trying to vote for my daughter on this website: http: //j.mp/19pkCE (remove space between http: and //) and can do so via my iPod Touch tethered to my Pre. When I try to vote directly using my Pre, however, I get a Page Not Found error when I press the "Vote for Me" button.

While the tethered iPod is a work-around, I'd rather be able to vote using the Pre alone. The website admin people say they haven't had any other reports of a problem like this, but I'm thinking that it's probably something about the Pre's browser that their software doesn't like.
    I checked out the source of the page you linked to and it is working with some sort of class. The class processes the click. I suspect that something related to that may not be processed correctly my the browser. I clicked on it in firefox and it processed the vote. Which I'm assuming means I voted for her too I watced the status bar hoping to see an indicator in the loading process but didn't see anything to clue me in on why it didn't work on your pre. You could call them and see if tey have web techs that can look into why it doesn't work on the pre but they may not be willing spend the resources to solve the problem if they aren't getting any others reporting the same problem.
    Does this persist after rebooting the pre as well? If so is there anything going on in the background wile clicking to turn on? Is this a delay in only the system menu or also in the bluetooth app toggle switch? And is it a click to turn it on immediately after turning it off or after a significant delay?
    Yes, even after rebooting the pre (many times), it takes 2-3 attempts to turn bluetooth back on.

There is nothing going on in the background that I am aware of.

It is not a delay in the system menu. The problem is definitely with the bluetooth app/service. When I hit "Turn on bluetooth" the 1st time, the system menu disappears as if the command was recognized but bluetooth is still NOT turned on. When I go back to the menu, "turn on bluetooth" still appears as if I had not previously selected that command. When I hit "turn on bluetooth" again, same thing happens. It looks like the Pre will obey my command (sometimes the 2nd time works) but most of the time I have to go back to the menu the 3rd time before my wishes are granted.

Just give it a try. Turn off bluetooth then immediately try to turn it back on and see what happens. Please post your results.
    I didn't see this here but there are 48 pages of messages. :>

I use Google Calendar and my alerts import fine but they do not show up "colored" in the calendar in month view. I have an alert for today as its my friends BD and when I look at month view it does show anything but when I go to day view its there in color showing as a Google alert.

Also when in email if I am looking at an email and use the trash can at the bottom right to delete, it deletes every email in the inbox not just the one email I am looking at.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I checked out the source of the page you linked to and it is working with some sort of class. The class processes the click. I suspect that something related to that may not be processed correctly my the browser. I clicked on it in firefox and it processed the vote. Which I'm assuming means I voted for her too I watced the status bar hoping to see an indicator in the loading process but didn't see anything to clue me in on why it didn't work on your pre. You could call them and see if tey have web techs that can look into why it doesn't work on the pre but they may not be willing spend the resources to solve the problem if they aren't getting any others reporting the same problem.
    Just for grins, I tried using lynx (text based browser) on Linux to vote. It ended up on the same Page Not Found error page that the Pre browser did. Apparently, there is something about the Pre browser that makes it unusable on this website. Is there a way to make the Pre browser masquerade as Safari, Firefox, Opera or some other browser that does work?