Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Sorry if this has already been posted, didn't want to go through 44 pages of stuff.

Charging with anything that is not a Palm Charger. I have the Sprint Car Charger and in order to get it to work, I have to close all my open apps and turn off the screen before I can get the phone to recognize that it is plugged in. Why is Sprint selling a charger for a phone of their network that doesn't work properly? Why doesn't Palm just fix this issue? They spend so much time on fixing ITunes sync because they either don't want to create their own program or don't like ITunes being closed to other products. Well Palm, it looks like you have done the exact same thing with chargers. If it is not an official Palm branded charger it doesn't work right with your phone. Time to get off your high horse and let us use other chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted, didn't want to go through 44 pages of stuff.

Charging with anything that is not a Palm Charger. I have the Sprint Car Charger and in order to get it to work, I have to close all my open apps and turn off the screen before I can get the phone to recognize that it is plugged in. Why is Sprint selling a charger for a phone of their network that doesn't work properly? Why doesn't Palm just fix this issue? They spend so much time on fixing ITunes sync because they either don't want to create their own program or don't like ITunes being closed to other products. Well Palm, it looks like you have done the exact same thing with chargers. If it is not an official Palm branded charger it doesn't work right with your phone. Time to get off your high horse and let us use other chargers.
    The problem is not letting us use any charger we want it is that the battery requires 1 amp to charge the battery and a lot of 3rd party chargers do not provide 1 amp. I think there is a voltage requirement too since under or over voltage is not good either.
    Tony,

Will you continue to update the buglist opening post?

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    The problem is not letting us use any charger we want it is that the battery requires 1 amp to charge the battery and a lot of 3rd party chargers do not provide 1 amp. I think there is a voltage requirement too since under or over voltage is not good either.
    Yes but it seems to me that the Sprint Charger should be putting out the same amps as the Palm charger. And it's not that the Sprint charger does not charge the phone, it's the steps I have to go through to get it to charge the phone. Why would be Sprint be charging $30 dollars for an "official" charger that isn't meant to charge the phone they sell it for? Especially when I have had Sprint reps tell me that only Sprint authorized products will work with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    Yes but it seems to me that the Sprint Charger should be putting out the same amps as the Palm charger. And it's not that the Sprint charger does not charge the phone, it's the steps I have to go through to get it to charge the phone. Why would be Sprint be charging $30 dollars for an "official" charger that isn't meant to charge the phone they sell it for? Especially when I have had Sprint reps tell me that only Sprint authorized products will work with the phone.
    I can't speak for where you bought it from but they shouldn't have sold you a charger not properly rated to charge the battery in the pre. Not all stores have reputable sales people, perhaps that place they get some sort or bonus incentive for selling certain accessories. The ones who told you only sprint authorized products sound like they are giving you lines to make a sale of the accessories rather than correct info. Most of the time it is recommended by manufacturers to not use 3rd party chargers because they may not work right or worse can cause harm which is why I brought up over voltage. I have read of one person so far who used a charger not properly rated (too many volts if I recall and it fried the pre). If I were you I'd take the charger back and tell them you were lied to and that it can't charge the pre properly. The official one for the pre can charge it even when running pandora and using sprint nav to tell you where to go at the same time. As long as a 3rd party charger has the same specs as the official one then it will do the same.
    I have noticed if I don't fully pull (out and over to the side) the little protective plastic that covers the charging socket, then even though it seems that I have plugged in the charging cord, it's not precisely seated and does not charge. As soon as I fully pull that out and reseat the charger it seems to work. This goes for the house and car chargers. See if that helps you too.
    I was wondering if anyone has figured out how you can add a number to a current contact from your call list? I should be able to add a number that has called me to a current contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has figured out how you can add a number to a current contact from your call list? I should be able to add a number that has called me to a current contact.
    Next to the phone number, shown in the list, is an icon (looks like a person's upper body icon with a white + sign). Click on that icon and it allows you to add a contact.
    When the phone rings SOMETIMES it gives me the option to "ignore the call" and sometimes it doesn't lol its almost like the pre is saying this call is important (and only the answer button shows up) and then sometimes it gives me the option like it knows which call is important ..(in which every case its been WRONG).. so basically if i don't wanna answer and the button does not appear i have to hit the power button to turn the sound off.
    any one else notice this?
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream View Post
    When the phone rings SOMETIMES it gives me the option to "ignore the call" and sometimes it doesn't lol its almost like the pre is saying this call is important (and only the answer button shows up) and then sometimes it gives me the option like it knows which call is important ..(in which every case its been WRONG).. so basically if i don't wanna answer and the button does not appear i have to hit the power button to turn the sound off.
    any one else notice this?
    Pressing the power button once will silence the ring twice will ignore the call.
    thanks
    i figure that out ..but still a bug ... and not have an intermittent choice on the screen..
    figured oops (from last post)
    thanks
    i figure that out ..but still a bug ... and not have an intermittent choice on the screen..
    figured oops (from last post)
    The only time I see just one option is when it is locked (the drag up to answer button). Could this be what you are seeing? If not can you describe in detail, that way it can be replicated. Unless of course you figure out what was going on and there isn't a bug to report.
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    59. Navigation does not pull addresses from contacts when they were created in Google profile.

This bug is super annoying. Hope it gets fixed soon. When I open up sprint navagation and drive to contact, a message says "no addresses found"
    Not entirely sure how but my phone is Spanish now. My pre restarted and then when it was ready almost all the apps were in Spanish. About half my apps are in Spanish and the ones that are in Spanish have the text inside the app in Spanish as well. One prominent example is the music player which has all ,except the individual artists and their songs , in Spanish so I see things like Mezclar todo which apparently is Spanish for shuffle all.
    When the phone is ringing and the "drag to answer button" is there it says "drag to unlock" when i do that it answers the phone i realize i can use the button to ignore. but my point is that weather is lock or not i do always get the option to do it on the screen i guess ill have to keep better track or do a couple experiments to see . It may depend on if it is a long distance or local call (seems to happen on LD calls)
    Quote Originally Posted by megadude367 View Post
    Not entirely sure how but my phone is Spanish now. My pre restarted and then when it was ready almost all the apps were in Spanish. About half my apps are in Spanish and the ones that are in Spanish have the text inside the app in Spanish as well. One prominent example is the music player which has all ,except the individual artists and their songs , in Spanish so I see things like Mezclar todo which apparently is Spanish for shuffle all.
    Check your regional settings. It is likely somehow they got changed.

When the phone is ringing and the "drag to answer button" is there it says "drag to unlock" when i do that it answers the phone i realize i can use the button to ignore. but my point is that weather is lock or not i do always get the option to do it on the screen i guess ill have to keep better track or do a couple experiments to see . It may depend on if it is a long distance or local call (seems to happen on LD calls)
    If I'm understanding right when your pre is locked you drag to unlock and then tap to answer or tap to ignore? If so I never see that I always just get a drag to answer in place of drag to unlock.
    right but sometimes just like today when the phone rang its said drag to answer (basically no option to "unlock" first. and lets say i wanted to ignore that call ..i i of course do not have that option because once you drag its already answered so you basically have to hang up. and then on other occasions when the phone rings i just get both buttons the answer button and the ignore call button.. still trying to figure out when i and why that is
    don't get me wrong its NOT a huge deal but to me for the average joe this could be annoying/ confusing ..
    right but sometimes just like today when the phone rang its said drag to answer (basically no option to "unlock" first. and lets say i wanted to ignore that call ..i i of course do not have that option because once you drag its already answered so you basically have to hang up. and then on other occasions when the phone rings i just get both buttons the answer button and the ignore call button.. still trying to figure out when i and why that is
    don't get me wrong its NOT a huge deal but to me for the average joe this could be annoying/ confusing ..
    I'd be curious of your observation in that matter because I always get the drag to answer unless I'm charging then I get the two tap options. But of course it also doesn't lock when charging. I'm wondering which of ours is working more correctly mine or yours.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Can someone verify that this isn't just me? Every picture that take with Palm Pre now doesn't have the "date taken" metadata field filled in properly. It has "date created" and "date modified," but not "date taken." The problem is Picasa and other photo importing and management software use that particular field to auto group photos and it's not working for me anymore thanks to this; I have to do it manually. It's a tiny thing, yes, but I'm pretty sure that it worked in 1.0 and the bug was introduced in 1.1.