Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1089
  1. #841  
    guess i'd better start paying more attention!
  2. #842  
    keep in mind that the buglist thread has several points addressed via updates and clarifications that have not been reflected in the original list.

    It would be better if the thread author had listed bugs as "fixed in x.xx" or "regression bug in 1.xx" or "Only in 1.2+"

    At least it would be a better indicator of what the real bug list status is.
  3. #843  
    deleted
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 09/06/2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Double post for some reason.
  4. #844  
    Works great...thanks.
  5. #845  
    I got a big white spot in the top left corner of my screen. Like someone took their thumb and pressed really hard.
  6. #846  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    keep in mind that the buglist thread has several points addressed via updates and clarifications that have not been reflected in the original list.

    It would be better if the thread author had listed bugs as "fixed in x.xx" or "regression bug in 1.xx" or "Only in 1.2+"

    At least it would be a better indicator of what the real bug list status is.
    I'd hate to say it but I can't think of a better way to say it, this list is a joke since it isn't being updated. All it is doing is putting a negative light on the pre since more than half the list are no longer or never were bugs outside of the few reporting the issues they aren't reproducible as I previously pointed out several times now. I'd rather the whole thread get deleted and someone willing to daily update a list to reflect what really are bugs and what is reported but not reproducible so that anyone viewing the list is not given the wrong impression of the state of things.

    Quote Originally Posted by bdot0727 View Post
    Not sure what is causing this and I haven't read the whole thread(just the buglist). My Pre is not responding to touch. It will for a few seconds when I plug in the charger, and then go. The white circle button is lit but fades in and out. I've taken the battery out and restarting it, no go. Has anyone else experienced this.
    Do you have a screen protector on the pre? I read a post or two before where they seemed to cause phantom touches or interfered with touches.
  7. #847  
    Having video playback problems.

    1.) NFL live videos all return "Error playing back file"
    2.) lost the slider/scrubber when playing back videos

    Any ideas?
  8. #848  
    idk if anyone else has this problem but, my speaker sounds like its blown...whenever i play a video on youtube, or speaker phone, or the alerts and ringtones...also the speaker for the headset while in a call sounds blown also...any ideas???? does anyone else have this issue or has heard of it? thanks
  9. #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdot0727 View Post
    Not sure what is causing this and I haven't read the whole thread(just the buglist). My Pre is not responding to touch. It will for a few seconds when I plug in the charger, and then go. The white circle button is lit but fades in and out. I've taken the battery out and restarting it, no go. Has anyone else experienced this.
    My brother-in-laws pre did this, only it didnt respond to touch at all. He had to have it swapped out (he argued and got a new instead of refurbished pre). They also gave him an extra battery.
  10. #850  
    I am having the problem where I add to a contact. then hit done and all the new info is deleted. Or I will delete info from a contact and hit done. it will disappear then reappear when you go back to the same contact.

    Any help on this would be great. Is anyone else having this problem?
  11. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #851  
    airplane mode turns off wifi, even if the screen is on. planes are now being fitted with wifi. it would be nice to have wifi on with the other radios in airplane mode.
  12. #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    airplane mode turns off wifi, even if the screen is on. planes are now being fitted with wifi. it would be nice to have wifi on with the other radios in airplane mode.
    After turning on airplane mode open the menu and choose to turn on wifi and voila airplane mode with wifi on.
  13. kulf's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #853  
    There are some bugs in the Exchange support. Try e.g. editing a calender item on the pre, then a few moments later in exchange before the pre has synced. Then sync manually. There is no collision detection. That may lead to data loss.
  14. #854  
    I have a few bugs here that I don't think anyone mentioned:

    I don't think you mentioned anything about the GPS. Google contacts does not show up in the Contacts list in the GPS. A lot of people have to restart their phone to get it to work. I'm so used to it not working, when I get lost, I just immediately pull over and wait the 2-3 minutes for my phone to restart. It says it can't find the GPS, but when you restart, it works.

    Also, the GPS does not save entered addresses unless it finds a route first. Plenty of times where I got off the phone with customers who just given me their address. Once I enter their info and try to find the GPS, it doesn't work. I have to restart my phone, and when I go back to the navigation, I can't pull up any recent attempts, therefore making me call the person back to get their address.

    Another problem is continuous battery drainage in low-coverage areas. I went to college one day for class, with a 100% charged battery, I got out about an hour and a half later and the battery was at 48%. To my knowledge, I'm assuming the phone is constantly looking for a signal. Wifi is enabled. If I put my phone into Airplane mode, I can come out of class after 2 hours with a 95% battery or so. I've never had this problem with previous phones.

    When resending your text message that has failed, the pre creates a duplicate line of what you've sent already, rather than just reattempting. If your message has failed 3 times, and you try your 4th attempt, you will have 4 duplicates of the same message in your chat history.

    The palm swipe card sound goes away randomly. Rumors are that when you restart your phone, the swipe sound will stay permanently at that volume it's restarted at.

    If you want to SMS someone in your call history, you have to click the + as if you were adding them, then click SMS. There's no SMS feature from the recent call history.

    Some photos in my phone show clear when I view them, but when the person calls who uses that photo, it is very blurry.

    Also, I'm not sure how task syncing works. I have exchange set up at work and at home, however, the tasks only sync with the outlook at work.

    There is no way to remove multiple photos in your albums, or even in the photo roll. You have to click each one of them, wait for them to load, and delete it individually.

    There should be a way to specifically set your alarm. For example, I need to wake up at x'o clock every other Saturday. I have to manually turn my alarm off, and on on those days because there's no built in feature to specify it automatically. If I have a meeting earlier every week, or once a month, I have to remember to manually set it before those days. "Weekends" and "Weekdays" is not good enough unless people have the same routine every day of their lives.

    I don't think you've mentioned the "Tap for Media Sync or USB Drive." It is known that after ejecting your Palm Pre from iTunes, you can only sync your pre again by physically disconnecting and reconnecting the cable.

    Noone asked AIM to automatically sign in when my phone reboots. I left it signed out when I restarted, but it automatically signed me back in, weird.

    Also, in a conference, you can't individually end the call with one of the calls, you have to end all. When you're on the phone and click over to another call, you can't end the previous call individually. I've only seen the "End all calls" button.

    I'm sure everyone has reported copy/paste bugs. When my boss emails me with tasks to complete, I have to open up a reply to copy/paste his message. As far as text message, I have to completely go back and forward to copy text, manually.
    Last edited by randomized; 09/10/2009 at 10:31 AM.
  15. #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wc.bell View Post
    I am having the problem where I add to a contact. then hit done and all the new info is deleted. Or I will delete info from a contact and hit done. it will disappear then reappear when you go back to the same contact.

    Any help on this would be great. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Could this possibly be a Facebook contact? Remember you can't do anything to Facebook contacts on the Pre... It's only a one way "sync"... if it can still be considered a sync.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    There should be a way to specifically set your alarm. For example, I need to wake up at x'o clock every other Saturday. I have to manually turn my alarm off, and on on those days because there's no built in feature to specify it automatically. If I have a meeting earlier every week, or once a month, I have to remember to manually set it before those days. "Weekends" and "Weekdays" is not good enough unless people have the same routine every day of their lives.
    I don't know too much about your other bugs, but there definitely is a way to set an alarm for every other Saturday (make a Calendar entry?) I assume you're talking about the alarm from the Clock application? This alarm is VERY limited and always has been with Palm. I never understood it since you can just as easily make a Calendar entry and customize it to your liking. You can't expect the Pre to magically know you have a meeting earlier and to turn off the alarm you have set. I know it's supposed to "know what you're thinking before you think it"... but... seriously...

    In case you ARE trying to use the Alarm from the Clock app. I would STRONGLY suggest against it. Just make a Calendar entry called "Wake Up!" or something similar (that is what I use). Schedule a custom repeat. Choose Weekly, check Saturday, pick "2" for Every 2 weeks. You're all set.
  16. #856  
    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    I have a few bugs here that I don't think anyone mentioned:

    I don't think you mentioned anything about the GPS. Google contacts does not show up in the Contacts list in the GPS. A lot of people have to restart their phone to get it to work. I'm so used to it not working, when I get lost, I just immediately pull over and wait the 2-3 minutes for my phone to restart. It says it can't find the GPS, but when you restart, it works.
    I don't have any contacts listed in sprint nav on mine. I assumed it was missing code to pull any contacts since most of mine are from facebook. Perhaps there is only code to pull ones in the palm profile?

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Also, the GPS does not save entered addresses unless it finds a route first. Plenty of times where I got off the phone with customers who just given me their address. Once I enter their info and try to find the GPS, it doesn't work. I have to restart my phone, and when I go back to the navigation, I can't pull up any recent attempts, therefore making me call the person back to get their address.
    This would be a feature request. None of the phones I have used with sprint navigation remember the address until it has found a route. Yes what you describe is annoying so it is best to copy down the address in a memo or something and then to sprint nav just in case you have to cancel out of nav for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Another problem is continuous battery drainage in low-coverage areas. I went to college one day for class, with a 100% charged battery, I got out about an hour and a half later and the battery was at 48%. To my knowledge, I'm assuming the phone is constantly looking for a signal. Wifi is enabled. If I put my phone into Airplane mode, I can come out of class after 2 hours with a 95% battery or so. I've never had this problem with previous phones.
    Bad signal areas are like this for all phones unless you do something to stop in from looking for a signal. Heck even if it has a signal and it is very weak still going to have huge drain. They can optimize it to a point but that takes time and is something they have been working on as some report less drain due low signal. But if you are in a dead zone might as well use airplane mode to turn off the radios since that is what it is there for. Technically not a bug rather a request to perhaps reduce the time spent searching for a signal if that is possible or reduce the power used to boost the signal to try and keep the connection in low signal situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    When resending your text message that has failed, the pre creates a duplicate line of what you've sent already, rather than just reattempting. If your message has failed 3 times, and you try your 4th attempt, you will have 4 duplicates of the same message in your chat history.
    Either a feature or simply a we didn't think it necessary to code a routine to remove the failed message from the database. There appears to be no code to clean up the record of the failed messages. Therefore a feature request and not a bug.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    The palm swipe card sound goes away randomly. Rumors are that when you restart your phone, the swipe sound will stay permanently at that volume it's restarted at.
    This is indeed a bug but isn't permanently set. Many threads on this and many of those list the solution. It requires altering the volume and reboots. I think this is coming in a near future patch at least I think I read that somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    If you want to SMS someone in your call history, you have to click the + as if you were adding them, then click SMS. There's no SMS feature from the recent call history.
    This would be another feature request. The picture button is doing what it is supposed to do and that is take you to the contact entry. A button would have to be added to SMS the number in the call log. In fact this could be done homebrew by modifying the phone app to add the button and the code needed by duplicating the code from the existing use of the SMS button elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Some photos in my phone show clear when I view them, but when the person calls who uses that photo, it is very blurry.
    This is because it is enlarging the thumbnail rather than shrinking the original image for use in the incoming call. I'm assuming there is a reason why they do it that way. I believe I read that you can modify the images used so that it doesn't result in described manor.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Also, I'm not sure how task syncing works. I have exchange set up at work and at home, however, the tasks only sync with the outlook at work.
    I'd search around and see if this has been discussed. Many sync issues have been solved either in an update or with workarounds. I don't use tasks app so I can't comment beyond this.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    There is no way to remove multiple photos in your albums, or even in the photo roll. You have to click each one of them, wait for them to load, and delete it individually.
    Feature request.

    [QUOTE=randomized;1883379]
    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    There should be a way to specifically set your alarm. For example, I need to wake up at x'o clock every other Saturday. I have to manually turn my alarm off, and on on those days because there's no built in feature to specify it automatically. If I have a meeting earlier every week, or once a month, I have to remember to manually set it before those days. "Weekends" and "Weekdays" is not good enough unless people have the same routine every day of their lives.
    Feature request. One of the more common ones too.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    I don't think you've mentioned the "Tap for Media Sync or USB Drive." It is known that after ejecting your Palm Pre from iTunes, you can only sync your pre again by physically disconnecting and reconnecting the cable.
    I believe this is on the pc end of things and not the pre end. Sounds like the pc/itunes is severing the usb connection like using the safely remove hardware thing in windows. I think palm is wasting their time fighting a petty battle with apple over using itunes when there are willing 3rd parties that have media sync apps to work with palm.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Noone asked AIM to automatically sign in when my phone reboots. I left it signed out when I restarted, but it automatically signed me back in, weird.
    Feature request. Add an option to auto or manual log in like the stand alone apps. Probably not considered due to the intended always connected concept of webOS. Personally I would always keep mine on if it didn't have such an impact on battery. Not quite sure why it does drain so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    Also, in a conference, you can't individually end the call with one of the calls, you have to end all. When you're on the phone and click over to another call, you can't end the previous call individually. I've only seen the "End all calls" button.
    This is a network thing. What should happen and I didn't know this until recently is if you hang up the network keeps the on hold party on hold and your phone will ring back with a unknown ID. Answering that and it is the person on hold. I've been meaning to try it out on purpose as I have always just moved to the other line in hopes that I wasn't getting hit with extra minutes used.

    Quote Originally Posted by randomized View Post
    I'm sure everyone has reported copy/paste bugs. When my boss emails me with tasks to complete, I have to open up a reply to copy/paste his message. As far as text message, I have to completely go back and forward to copy text, manually.
    Feature request of full copy and paste which is in 1.2 as I understand it. And will be out very soon. Was scheduled to be out the other day. Probably delayed for a last minute petty fight with apple to counter yet again another apple blocking pre from itunes sync. Thus why I think palm needs to stop that petty fight.
  17. #857  
    I agree this is way to long to go through, as for me and my Pre (my 2nd one for the record) .. I am having a screen on and off, on and off bug ... Its like when your about to pick up a call and the screen goes off because of the sensor, only it bugs out and goes on and off for about a min or so, I think i have to end the call most times because it like reverses the outcome of what should happen (screen off when its to your ear and not when you take it off your ear to look at the screen)
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

  18. #858  
    I couldn't find a thread for suggestions, so I'll post here.

    It'd be great if there were a single icon on the launcher for "settings" -- which would then include submenus for wifi, bluetooth, notifications, screen, backup, location, sounds -- everything, in short, that constitutes a "setting." It would save valuable real estate on the launcher screen and make things much, much more convenient and efficient. Thanks.
  19. #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet View Post
    My brother-in-laws pre did this, only it didnt respond to touch at all. He had to have it swapped out (he argued and got a new instead of refurbished pre). They also gave him an extra battery.
    yea they swapped mines out with a brand new one, this is working fine.

    @stoneryno- I had a screen protector on it, it was on for a good 4 days before though. I also took it off before I turned it in to see if it would work w/o it on. IDK
  20. #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Could this possibly be a Facebook contact? Remember you can't do anything to Facebook contacts on the Pre... It's only a one way "sync"... if it can still be considered a sync.



    I don't know too much about your other bugs, but there definitely is a way to set an alarm for every other Saturday (make a Calendar entry?) I assume you're talking about the alarm from the Clock application? This alarm is VERY limited and always has been with Palm. I never understood it since you can just as easily make a Calendar entry and customize it to your liking. You can't expect the Pre to magically know you have a meeting earlier and to turn off the alarm you have set. I know it's supposed to "know what you're thinking before you think it"... but... seriously...

    In case you ARE trying to use the Alarm from the Clock app. I would STRONGLY suggest against it. Just make a Calendar entry called "Wake Up!" or something similar (that is what I use). Schedule a custom repeat. Choose Weekly, check Saturday, pick "2" for Every 2 weeks. You're all set.
    The calendar entry does sound like it'd work, but shouldn't a calendar be for other things? This could basically replace the alarm clock then >_<

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions