Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    So I've encountered a problem where I'll just do a shuffle of my music, and certain songs will just be skipped over by my phone. When I try to go back to it, it simply sits for a second and then moves past it again. Anyone else running into this? I tried to search to make sure this isn't a double posting...

Ok I just played with it some more, and it seems to be related to songs with album art. It doesn't skip ALL songs with album covers, but the only songs it skips have the album art present.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbehr1234 View Post
    re 123. Just spent 3 hrs with Palm and I actually figured it out. If you synched your contacts from a Treo or other model into Exchange (what I use) then into the Pre, then you try to edit one of your contacts, but the edit won't synch to Exchange.... it's because that contact has a category such as Friend, Work, Vendor, Hot Chick, etc. Pre does not support categories. So if you have a contact you imported that did not have a category, and you edit it, it WILL update. Only resolution per Palm is to export your contacts from Exchange into a .csv. Open the .csv. Scan over to the column showing the category. Delete the column contents (I would not delete the column, as it may wrongly justify the data off by one). Then reimport them to Exchange, then reimport (after deleting contacts and removing Exchange acct on the Pre). Lots of work and will lose your subcategories. ugh...
    speaking of subcategories, I found them crucial on my Treo when I had multiple contacts with the same name, for example, Jennifer Lee. Sucks when you have to unlink 6 profiles and figure out which ones belong together and which ones don't. I know others may disagree, but I consider it a bug that when you try to unlink a synergized contact, you have no idea which phone number or email you are unlinking, unless there's a profile picture, which isn't usually the case for my contacts, having come from my Treo...
    Screen & Lock Bug:

I have my Pre configured as follows -
    Notifications show when locked = Off
    Simple Pin
    Switch Applications = On
    Turn Off after 2 minutes

If I am on the phone using bluetooth headset (Latest Jawbone)
    and the phone screen locks, I cannot unlock.
    If I drag up the icon up to unlock, all I recieve is the blue screen with clouds. No keyboard for entry.
    If I tap the power button to sleep / lock then tap again to wake / unlock - drag up the icon - same blue screen with nothing but clouds.

I have to terminate the call in order to keypad to display for pin entry. VERY frustrating since this limits your multitasking ability.

Additionally, my phone randomly will not accept calls- forces callers directly to voicemail and the phone does not indicate it's in Airplane mode.

There are no 'Home Brew' applications on my phone. Everything is original from Palm.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewray View Post
    Screen & Lock Bug:

I have my Pre configured as follows -
    Notifications show when locked = Off
    Simple Pin
    Switch Applications = On
    Turn Off after 2 minutes

If I am on the phone using bluetooth headset (Latest Jawbone)
    and the phone screen locks, I cannot unlock.
    If I drag up the icon up to unlock, all I recieve is the blue screen with clouds. No keyboard for entry.
    If I tap the power button to sleep / lock then tap again to wake / unlock - drag up the icon - same blue screen with nothing but clouds.

I have to terminate the call in order to keypad to display for pin entry. VERY frustrating since this limits your multitasking ability.

Additionally, my phone randomly will not accept calls- forces callers directly to voicemail and the phone does not indicate it's in Airplane mode.

There are no 'Home Brew' applications on my phone. Everything is original from Palm.
    My phone does this too!...I hate that I answer via bluetooth and cant access my phone I have noticed on the caller id screen it has an "unlock" button BUT once the screen dims or you go idle on the and are just talking, then it goes out you cant get into your phone UNTIL the voice call is TERMED..they need to FIX THIS NOW!! LOL Must have been an oversight
    By accident I deleted a text message conversation I had with a friend. It disappeared from my list of ongoing communications. Now even though I may re-text message this person, and it shows the whole past conversation, their name does not stay in the list of frequent texters. I have to reload them each and every time. I tried to find this problem on the boards and did not find anything about it.
    I was wondering if anyone had this problem:

If playing music, and the phone locks...how can you change the song/goto next without unlocking the phone? Everytime i try, the little yellow button asks me to drag and unlock.

Bug or am i missing something?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    When trying to hook up my work email (I work at the University of Michigan, in the email department), I can not send messages. Grepping the server logs reveal that the Pre isn't authing to the server, despite being configured to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by spex2004 View Post

If playing music, and the phone locks...how can you change the song/goto next without unlocking the phone? Everytime i try, the little yellow button asks me to drag and unlock.

Headset with media controls will work. By design the screen locks no matter what. This prevents unwanted taps etc. I know at times it can be annoying. Given time people will figure out how to modify this aspect. May even be some already, check out webos-internals and/or search the forum see if anyone has anything.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Ok so I just noticed that. I had my text open and calender and a call came thru. and my phone didn't lock. but I shouldn't have to have an app open just to get the phone to be able to "multi task" when on a voice call..this bug needs corrected.what if I wanted to make a conference call I cant even get to the dialer screen that's crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by groonpooch View Post
    So I've encountered a problem where I'll just do a shuffle of my music, and certain songs will just be skipped over by my phone. When I try to go back to it, it simply sits for a second and then moves past it again. Anyone else running into this? I tried to search to make sure this isn't a double posting...

Ok I just played with it some more, and it seems to be related to songs with album art. It doesn't skip ALL songs with album covers, but the only songs it skips have the album art present.
    that's because the pre can only play DRM free music, music biught before iTunes 8 is DRM, you can find a program to make it drm and thenre-sync it and it should work
    Quote Originally Posted by spex2004 View Post

tey tapping the earphone button twice and the song will change
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I created a anual recurring event on my pre on both those days and they appeared correct also the holiday event entry from my google calendar for US holidays appears correctly each year. There must be some other issue here than a bug specific to the defined method for recreating the observed unexpected result. Please provide more details as to the cause since there must be a variable that was not included in the steps to reproduce.
    Did you make those EXACT events? "Happy Halloween!" and "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by KayleeGirl View Post
    I tried it with just the back cover on and had no problem. Then I tried it with just the faceplate and the problem happened again. So, of course, I ditched the faceplate and just have the back cover on.

So, yea, strange problem but not caused by the phone itself.
    The faceplate is causing the proximity sensor on the phone (to the right of the ear speaker) to think you have the phone up to your ear. Thick clear plastic or colored plastic could do that. (Some people even had this problem when they left the clear plastic protector that came with the phone on until they could get a real screen protector, so it doesn't have to be that thick.)
    Two more bugs I noticed in 1.1:

BUG: When sending SMS's with special characters, many people (different networks, different devices and not always) get the entire text with a @ sign between each character. More details here.

BUG: Many times, when replying to an e-mail received in an account other than my primary, the response is by default composed using my primary account. If I cancel that message and hit Reply again, the new message created has the correct account. This also doesn't happen all the time and I haven't found a pattern. It's also happened with more than 1 non-primary account.
    Last edited by Razor1973; 08/25/2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Why is this Phone getting on my nerves now lol...ok so I called my voicemail the screen goes idle and locks. no biggie unlock your phone...WRONG you cant get to the screen this is getting annoying it happens on every call and I have to have cards open and leave my phone app "minimized" so I can "multitask" and not be locked out my own phone LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Did you make those EXACT events? "Happy Halloween!" and "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"?
    I didn't think the text of the event would matter but for the benefit of doubt I made a new anual recurring forever event on those days using that exact text and still no reproducible bug, they appear on their respective days the year created and future years.
    Has anyone hit a bug with the proximity sensor? = i am not sure what i did but i think it happened when i installed webosquick install - now i cannot get it to work again - i did the interactive tests and no response
    I have a couple of issues with the included email app:

1) If a message is accidentally deleted from the inbox, I can find it in trash, but CAN NOT move it back to inbox. It will let me move it to another folder like sent, but again, if I choose inbox as the move to folder, it puts a checkmark next to inbox and returns to the trash folder where the email is still located.

2) If I forward or reply to a message that has embedded images (not shown as attachments), the embedded images do not show up.

3) If I forward a message, I can edit everything but the original message text and the spacing between lines gets larger.
    #80 just happened to me too... is it possible to fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    #80 just happened to me too... is it possible to fix?
    If outside of the very few that appear to have had this happen could reproduce it then yes. The problem is more than half the stuff in the list can't be reproduced making me question if that half of the list even really happens at all. The OP also doesn't appear to be willing to reorganize the list to reflect that much of the list is not reproducible giving a false impression that the pre is full or wide spread bugs rather than most of the list seemingly only a very few cases claiming it happened. If in these very few cases they really did happen then an extremely high level of detail must be provided in order to reproduce since based on the info provided they can't and thus the actual occurrence of the issue is in question.