Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    That reminds me of the light "leakage" in the top-right corner of the first Handspring Treos.
    No leakage here.....good old "Depend"able is on the job........LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    to ignore a call from the lock screen, hit the power button twice.

the first time you press it, the ringtone is muted.

the second time, the call is ignored.
    I got a big white spot in the top left corner of my screen. Like someone took their thumb and pressed really hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyougogirl2 View Post
    I got a big white spot in the top left corner of my screen. Like someone took their thumb and pressed really hard.
    that is probably "light leakage" see the image posted earlier in this thread.

I bought two pre's today. One is good... however one has bad light leakage all along the bottom of the screen and at the top left corner.

Are you guys just bringing in your defective hardware back to the retail store you bought it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by ppar View Post
    Are you guys just bringing in your defective hardware back to the retail store you bought it from?
    That's your best bet, assuming replacements are available.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Sprint service ( # of bars) is very weak here in Fort Lauderdale FL
    I have three Pre's. One of them gives me an issue when I use it in USB mode. I'll use the "Safely remove hardware" tray app in Windows to stop it and then I unplug it...at which point the Pre tells me that I should have stopped it first, that some data has been corrupted, but that the Pre fixed it. No apparent data loss so far, but very frustrating.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I have a major problem w/ my Pre. I can't seem to put it down!!!
    When you are in the web browser, if you rotate your screen to landscape, the "Web" menu in the top left of the screen disappears.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I have a bug in the screen switching. When it on the side, getting it back portait is real slow if you leave it landscape for a while.

Been using it since fully charged at noon and wondering if the battery indicater and the status is synced. It says 65% but the icon is still almost full.
    I have a problem with Video playing. I have a movie that I can play in iPod without any problem. I synced with Palm Pre and it cannot play it. It shows following error. 'There was an error playing the file.' It is MPEG-4 file. According to the review, it should play MPEG-4 files. Does anyone have the same problem or know the solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Pre's implementation of MS ActiveSync is broken. The EAS security features, such as commonly used device pin lock and device wipe are absent. Without these basic EAS security features lots of Pre's enterprise users will be cut off from their work email. It was a show stopper for me as I had to return the Pre right after the purchase
    yes, that was known well in advance. Saved me a trip and a lot of frustration. Our IT people would in no way allow it. Hopefully they will add those features because I am not interested in using the Pro....at all, in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    My Pre is currently bricked. Took a picture, now the camera screen is locked on the display. Cant close the camera, turn the screen off, or even power down the phone. the phone does not ring when I call it.

Palm is in some real deep kaka.

Why dont you try and pull the battery out and reset it that way.
    only "bug" thus far is a few dead pixels
    I'm a Pre gal now
    My husband's pre is crashing pretty consistently. Whenever he pushes the keyboard out, the screen goes black.

My pre looks like it has a couple tiny bubbles under the screen. These don't look like dead pixels, because I can see the screen underneath them when I tilt the phone. Other than that I haven't had any problems except for the ones mentioned by others (symbols not working, etc)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have a deal pixel, but by far, the most annoying thing is whenever I open or close the slider, the screen fades out and turns black but you can tell it was still lit. It would be like that for a second or two and then turn off. You then had to use the power button to turn it back on.

Others are having the same issue (see these links):

1. forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/182820-crashing-when-closing-slider-touchstone-culprit.html

2. My thread is here: forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/183003-closing-slider-crashes-phone.html

(Sorry, I don't have enough posts to include links yet).

So far, the current consensus is that with some Pres, if/when the Pre experiences a moderate movement, it may jostle the battery or cause the phone to lose power, causing the shut-off (props to Rotello in thread #2 mentioned above).
    My keyboard stopped responding.. is there a keylock I'm not aware of?
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    Sprint service ( # of bars) is very weak here in Fort Lauderdale FL
    Shawn call customer service and tell them that and they will give you a FREE airave and wave the monthly fee for 2 vears. It definitely helps ALOT!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Maybe there are bad/good batches of Pre. This may help in seeing if manufacturing date has any thing to do with it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ilt-maybe.html
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    10 hours and so far:

1. 2 dead pixels
    2. screen gets stuck in landscape and i only can get it out by closing the card

good news for me is my battery is at 68% and i've been using it like I would do on a normal day.
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast