Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Seems like the Pre saves ""known" wifi networks by ssid rather than MAC address. I have my pre set to connect to an unsecured wifi router at my in-laws house automatically, but today I was out at a shopping center and found that my pre had connected to a different public network all by itself that had the same ssid (the default for Linksys routers, "linksys").
    Just got my Pre yesterday, so I'm searching through the list to check on issues. It would be great if the master list in the 1st post could be updated with "FIXED" for the items that have been fixed and "DISPROVED" for the items that can't be reproduced.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    #49 This may be a limitation of the email servers
    No, it is not. They synced on my Centro and ppl who use Outlook and such sync their subfolders fine, too. (There have been several different ppl who have posted about this issue.)

In another thread (the one about funny things listed in the coding), somebody posted part of the code that seemed to be about e-mail notifications. I noticed that it is only set in there to check the Inbox (obviously, since I know it doesn't check until you manually go into the subfolder, but this is confirmation). Palm needs to change it to also check any subfolders. The Pre recognizes the subfolders, since they show up on the folder tree, it just needs to be programmed to check the subfolders automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    No, it is not. They synced on my Centro and ppl who use Outlook and such sync their subfolders fine, too. (There have been several different ppl who have posted about this issue.)

In another thread (the one about funny things listed in the coding), somebody posted part of the code that seemed to be about e-mail notifications. I noticed that it is only set in there to check the Inbox (obviously, since I know it doesn't check until you manually go into the subfolder, but this is confirmation). Palm needs to change it to also check any subfolders. The Pre recognizes the subfolders, since they show up on the folder tree, it just needs to be programmed to check the subfolders automatically.
    I wanted to look into the code but I can't seem to figure out where the code is that tells the pre what folders to check for new mail.
    I don't know where it is, sorry. I just saw a snippet of it in another thread.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I started a separate thread about this when I realized the backup app would occasionally turn itself back on.

Now, I realize it not only does that, but it actually BACKS UP, EVEN WHEN BACKUP IS TURNED OFF!

I recently decided to keep the app up, but in the background. Yesterday, I noticed it had stayed off, but said "Last Backup 8/3/09 2:52 AM" Last night, it still showed off (as it does this morning) and yet it shows "Last Backup 8/4/09 2:52 AM"

Go figure!
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Somehow I got into a state where the launcher had "spo" in the find field and was showing the Sporting News app icon, but touching that icon or in the find field or anywhere on the screen seemingly launched a random app (and did not dismiss the icon or clear the field), and no keystrokes could affect the text in the find field. Persisted when I'd go to another app and then bring up the launcher again. Tried various things but could not find any way out - had to reboot.
    One of the most discussed Science and Technology videos on YouTube today...Palm Pre bug #6.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Mine has started doing bug six last night! Wtf
    I've only had my pre a few days so I haven't come across all of these problems yet, but I'm sure I will experience some. My other phones I've downloaded ringtones and they get saved in my Ringtones section - does this phone not allow it? Because I can't find the ringtones I downloaded anywhere. I'm new at this forum stuff and not very electronic/technically savvy either...HELP!
    #6 isn't a bug. The battery is too small and is losing contact... Sprint is giving new batteries out if you have this issue...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    #6 isn't a bug. The battery is too small and is losing contact... Sprint is giving new batteries out if you have this issue...
    really!?!?!? i may need to go in.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hey, I've been able to repeat this one (much to my annoyance). If you compose a text message using the Messaging App, hit send. Dock to the touchstone (as soon as you hit send) before its finished sending & the Pre turns itself off. Rather annoying.

Anybody else?
    I noticed my phone is not so convenient in the following ways:

1. whenever I missed a call, a notification shows up in the lower right corner. If I click on the it, pre will automatically dial that number back!! But, most of the time, I just want to check who called me first, then decide whether I want to call them back. This is extremely annoying if I missed some call ON PURPOSE. The only way I can make the notification out is to go to the phone App, check the calling history and check the missed call tab....Which is NOT convenient AT ALL.

2. When using the Browser, I found my phone is confused by landscape and portrait... Sometimes, when I open it, it is already in landscape. if I rotate to landscape, it will change to portrait... Never get it right. Even more, sometimes, it is upside down!! Whenever, in this situation, it is really hard to get it back. I need to close the web and reopen it for several times.

3. the upper part of my phone is loose and it wages left to right when I push it up to use the keypad.

4. Moreover, I setup a PIN to unlock my phone. the emergency call button is really annoying. Since if you touch it by accident, it will dial out 911 automatically. I understand this is a feature, but I do think Pre should put a second confirmation on that. I don't want to bother 911 THAT often....
    Last edited by voguepipi; 08/06/2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    if you have a call in progress and get another incoming call, the dialer card slides up to announce the incoming call but does not slide back down if the incoming call is not answered. the top row or 2 of number keys on the dialer do not become visible again.
    There also seems to be a problem with the pre not answering correctly when the screen is locked. You drag the green button out of the bottom and it moves but then just hangs out in another part of the screen. You can still move it around but it will not answer. I hope Palm reads this list and attempts to fix these issues.
    After the Pre has entered a low-power mode (screen off) for a variable amount of time, TeleNav will sometimes refuse to find a GPS location, and therefore navigation will not work.

Rebooting the unit (warm boot with OPT+R+SYM) will restore GPS functionality, as will a simple load of Google Maps. Load G-maps and wait until the map shows, then exit, re-start TeleNav, and it will work.

I beleive this is a fault in the TeleNav application that occurred in after the AMSS firmware (the operating system of the Qualcomm MSM6801a) was updated. Probably after Version CC1.1 Build 90. (I think this was updated in 1.0.2). A simple patch the the TeleNav application should fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    My phone is eraseing my incoming text messages when i swipe back.
    I had a usb issue and screen issue and was given a refurb pre. They activated it and signed into my palm profile at the Sprint store. After I got home I noticed that my refurb somehow erased my contacts. Everything else was there. After spending 3 hours putting my contacts back into my refurb, I awoke the next morning to it wanting to be activated again. After activating it for a second time, I saw that my contacts had been erased again. Also, the up volume button doesn't work now. The phone hasn't been dropped or gotten wet. Sprint wants to give me another refurb... I'm going to do my best to get a new in the box pre and cross my fingers.
    BACKUP!!

How can Palm sell this phone without the ability to back up the entire phone, not just contacts and email?