Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    Same behavior here and yes, it's very annoying. It only happens with 1 of my contacts so far. One I have both on Google and Facebook and I happened to change the primary from the default (Facebook) to Google. Since then, I've changed it back, but the behavior remained.

I can replicate this. Funny.
    Delete the contact and then enter all the info again and it'll fix it. happened to me like 2 weeks after I got the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray821 View Post
    Also, I just remembered I didn't see this problem anywhere either...when I am trying to set my alarm to use music instead of the integrated ringtones, some of the songs that I select return an error message that says, "Adding ringtone failed. File may already exist."
    Thats because you keep trying to add the ringtone into your ringtone list. When you try to select the ringtone, dont hit the plus sign on the bottom left of the screen. Just scroll down the list on the screen and you should see your song already in there. Pick your song and you should good to go.
    Can not forward/reply to certain e-mails (mostly from list serves)

usually but no always:

no name appears in the from and/or recipients box says "Only BCC Recipients"
    can't search e-mails or web pages
    ---------------
    Can't cut-and-paste from e-mails or most web pages
    While editing a contact, if you add a February birth date, it automatically switches to March. Weird!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-birthday.html
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok, wondering if this is happening to anyone else... Open up your keyboard, close the keyboard really fast, not crazy fast but, just quickly, does your pre turn off, mine does..yuck..advise. Did not do this before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleerts View Post
    Ok, wondering if this is happening to anyone else... Open up your keyboard, close the keyboard really fast, not crazy fast but, just quickly, does your pre turn off, mine does..yuck..advise. Did not do this before...
    This happened to me but stopped after I did a complete erase on the phone and restored all the info. Have no clue what caused it. It would also shut down if I opened the keyboard too fast.
    When you say turn off, do you mean shut off completely (palm logo on the screen for a minute, then blackness) or go to sleep (and can turn back on by tapping the power button)?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    When you say turn off, do you mean shut off completely (palm logo on the screen for a minute, then blackness) or go to sleep (and can turn back on by tapping the power button)?
    Completely turns off. Like I have to hold the power button, then the phone turns on, I see the palm logo...that kinda turned off.
    Completely turns off. Like I have to hold the power button, then the phone turns on, I see the palm logo...that kinda turned off.
    One more question: Right after the quick open-close, is the screen immediately black or do you see a Palm logo immediately signaling a shut down?
    Yes, this happens to me after a week I got my Pre, the reason is your battery is loose and when you slam shut your Pre it disconnect for a fraction of a second shutting down the Pre. What I did was layer some tape to the other side of the battery contact pushing the battery slightly towards the contact. After that my Pre never accidentally shut down again.
    Quote Originally Posted by nxp3 View Post
    Yes, this happens to me after a week I got my Pre, the reason is your battery is loose and when you slam shut your Pre it disconnect for a fraction of a second shutting down the Pre. What I did was layer some tape to the other side of the battery contact pushing the battery slightly towards the contact. After that my Pre never accidentally shut down again.
    That's what I was trying to diagnose. If the screen turns black right away, what nxp3 said is what's going on. If you see a Palm logo, then I'm not sure what it is, because then your open-close action is executing a shut down command (Palm Logo for a minute), not an immediate power down like a battery removal would cause.
    I wanted to update about the Web browser memory leak. It now works better since the 1.1 update; I've not had the issue where sometimes pages load with photos from previous pages. I did once (today, in fact) have the issue where I could not open a second card up because it said there wasn't enough memory to do so, however. But at least I'm not seeing weird-looking pages due to the wrong photos being placed everywhere!
    I also want to update about the tasks - since 1.1, the due/overdue tasks have shown up as notifications at midnight every day like they are s'posed to!
    Another bug that was fixed by 1.1 is the use of the Symbol key in the Web browser; symbols do enter into it now. (You have that issue listed twice on the first page.)
    Okay, it is easier to just quote the things that have been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    3. When entering data into a form field on a web page, they symbol key doesn't work (clicking on a symbol does nothing). See bug #70 below.
    It works now.

5. When web browsing in wide screen mode, if you click on a picture or link that opens up into another card, the new card opens the other way. You have to turn the screen back upright, and then back to wide view for it to flip. Seems like if you are already browsing in wide, new cards would open the same way.
    It automatically rotates the new browser card now. Looks cool doing it, too.

9. Will not allow an IP address to be used when setting up an EAS email account. If the value in the server field does not have a .com or all numbers you can not save the account settings. This also seems to be a bug when setting up an imap account.
    I haven't needed to try this, but I believe the Palm release notes stated that this is fixed now.

13. The alarm I set for 7 am weekdays woke me up right at 7 this morning - but it is Sunday.
    I haven't tried this, but it is s'posed to be fixed now.

70. I type alot in Spanish, which uses accents like . In text messages, I have no problems creating the accents. I just hiy the Sym button, the letter I want accented, it shows me what accents are available and I hit that one. However, when typing into a form field such as this one in the forum, the Sym button thing doesn't work. So, when I'm typing in a Spanish forum on my Pre, I can't do accents like I was able to do on my Palm Centro. See bug #3 above.
    Fixed, as stated above.

93. I have to reset me phone daily in order for the Task notifications to show up.
    Daily notifications for tasks work now.
  17.    #757  
    Thanks to "Bag of Leaves" for updating me on items that have been fixed. Too bad that so many have not been fixed yet.

Anyway, the list is updated now. Sorry for the delay; I've been very busy lately.

Keep 'em coming! And don't forget to post when things are fixed (reference the bug number).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    we need video recording! ive had video on my phones since like 2000 with the huge *** camera attached my phone shooting vga quality flix.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Bug I found:
    When sending an SMS, upon it sending a ghost blank SMS comes in from whoever the last person you texted was (whether it's the same you are currently sending or someone different). This appears to only occur, from what I can tell, when roaming and may deal with either roaming and/or low signal.
    This is long but I went through all the bugs tested etc as many as I could and ignored the ones I have no know-how for.

Maybe split the list i two sections hardware issues will be resloved by improved quality control on manufacturing software issues by software updates, maybe even a section for thought to be bugs but are by design.

#12 #51 #71 Renumber the list removing entries like this?
    #92 is same as #30
    #75 probably User error no bug, touch sensitivity in my experience doesn't cause acidental clicks
    #78 the screen has an auto dim feature that will dim the screen after a short period of time and brighten it in response to percieved activity. Because user is reading an ebook in classic the app in combination with classic is probably sending a keep alive to the screen momenarily brightening it just like it would if you touch the screen or a key or a delayed response to either. Either way if this could be concidered a bug it would be a bug with classic and not webOS or the pre.

Not bugs
    #104 not a bug you can move around in a text field by holding the orange button and sliding your finger in the direction you want to move. This not only will move the cursor but will scroll through lengthly text entries
    #106 not a bug this would be a feature request there is no custom reminder option
    #111 not a bug this is an issue with facebook, they are located in PST time zone and it appears events are sent to the pre as if they originate in that time zone and the pre adjusts accordingly. To test this I RSVP yes to an event so it syncs to my pre. I'm GMT-5 facebook is GMT-8 the event shows up as 11am on my calendar when it is really at 8am the 3 hour time difference is the result of facebooks time zone. This appears to be over a year old problm with facebook I don't think they care to fix it.
    #113 not a bug the initial view of the browser is only supposed to show the top 12 bookmarks to access the rest of the bookmarks the menu option has to be used
    #117 not a bug, you will only see emails as recent as the setting for the account choose all if you want to see everything or pick up to the 30 day setting to see as far back as

Hardware
    #1 and #2 Production flaws that can only be taken care of with replacement
    #15 this is either harware malfunction or there is interferance from external sources
    #6 Could this be faulty hardware? I have never exeprienced it

Software

fixed
    #3 fixed (tested on search boxes and forum reply text boxes)
    #5 fixed (tested using google reader and clicking see original link)
    #8 fixed (tested both when built in sound is playing clicking lower left button it stops playing)
    #11 fixed tested both dates and it correctly shows on the same date the following year
    #19 fixed (part of the 1.1 update)
    #29 fixed (this used to happen to me but doesn't any more)
    #45 fixed (tested by creating "A test" and "Z test" as contacts. Scrolled to Z test and linked it to A test. Backing out of the contact after linking I was still at the very end of the contact list
    #48 fixed (part of the 1.03 update)
    #54 fixed (tested by lowering volume to about 50% and restarting the pre. When it came back on volume was still at the about 50% spot
    #70 fixed (same bug as #3 just different reason for using sym)
    #72 fixed (notifications disappear now if it is for the active conversation)
    #76 fixed I added a contact to the launcher then removed it and the option to add it was available again
    #79 fixed (tested using "Test-guy Who" and typing tw will show that contact
    #81 fixed (tested by turning of notification and sound on my gmail account sent myself an email from another one of my email addresses, email shows up on web view of gmail but pre gave no notification or sound)
    #91 fixed (tested by changing the 1st day of the week to monday sat and sun are grey the rest black)
    #97 fixed (tested deleting a bookmark and all mine still have the correct site with each icon)
    #116 either fixed or never was a bug (tested by trying to replicate the bug and message did not send when it went to sleep)
    #120 fixed (setting stays in the off position where report says it turns back on)

Might be fixed
    #13 I can't reproduce
    #27 I can't reporduce this
    #47 similar to contact sync issues that were fixed in 1.1 so this is probably fixed someone confirm please
    #55 There appear to be no more reports of this, confirmed that some 3rd parties apps may have been the cause
    #69 similar to contact sync issues that were fixed in 1.1 so this is probably fixed someone confirm please
    #80 fixed? (started a new conversation with new contact deleted it and started more conversation with same contact no old conversation appeared. Also new conversation appeared in the list when I went back) Probably should have others confirm.
    #86 fixed? (tested using a contact of mine that has both and it didn't select the home number to send the text to) probably should have others confirm.

maybe not bugs but by design
    #7 I don't think this is a bug, extremely likely by design, the keyboard is portrait layout
    #10 Technically not a bug, clicking a notification relauches closing the previous instance of it
    #49 This may be a limitation of the email servers
    #77 I think this is a product of universal search typing a number in without area code that is not in the same area code your number is will display that person even that by dialing it without area code will dial that number in your area code

Misc
    #14 Has palm said that contacts birthday field and calendar are supposed to be linked?I though perhaps this was an oversight. Or is it that they are linked but not appearing in the calendar?
    #24 URL needed so that we can test to see if this can be reproduced or no longer is a problem
    #32 URL needed to see if it is fixed or can be reproduced
    #34 turn off as in standby or powered off as in reboot? If it is as in reboot everything gets reset as a result and is not a bug. If it is as in standby I've never had that happen.
    #46 URL needed to see if it is fixed or can be reproduced

Have wrorkarounds

#52 Click on the entry name to show all links and click on one of them to unlink, they will remain unlinked
    #86 Sort of user error don't touch screen. Work around access linux on the pre and edit /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/notification.css it contains all the positioning code for incoming adjust to user perference
    #95 work around plug and unplug headphones at least once to correct. This doesn't appear to effect everyone may or may not be software related
    #110 workaround flicking down into the gesture area on a notification minimizes notifications so the elaborate process isn't needed. However the info about the phone app not resizing when clicking on a notification is correct.

Probably not bugs
    #22 I never have this happen
    #23 I never have this happen I've let mine auto power off plenty of times all is fine as soon as it powers backup
    #25 I never have this happen, I've had mine since launch and scroll day by day almost every day
    #33 I never have this happen I always get email notifications with it set to do so, I get maybe a dozen emails a day
    #67 I never have this happen I get a number of notifications that aewn't dealt with an my alarms always go off when they are set to go off
    #94 they come from that number but the email address used to send the text is in the content of the text regardless this is a sprint issue since sprint is the interim sender
    #101 This one is pretty vague as to where it is displayed. I added a contact with a fake number with the area code and it doesn't show a 1 in the contact app
    #102 I never have this happen is the only person this happened to the one who reported it for the list? I would probably remove this if there are no other cases of this happening more than this one time.
    #107 is the only person this happened to the one who reported it for the list? I would probably remove this if there are no other cases of this happening more than this one time.
    #114 I never have this happen is the only person this happened to the one who reported it for the list? I would probably remove this if there are no other cases of this happening more than this one time.
    #118 in all likelihood this is just lag or user error especially if this is the only case.