Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Ive notice when opening up emails w/ pic attachments in them...When I tap on the email w/ the pic, mine you Im not tapping the attachment at this point...Just the email, I see a quick flash of the picture in the attachment...This happen very quick...
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    In email replies, the header info of the prior email I am responding to does not appear... it says " XYZ" said:... but no date, subject, etc.... Some of the info appears if you do a forward, instead of a reply, but the date and time of the original email is missing....
    +1 on this one - I would really like basic header info shown!
    I have all of my music in the following order: \music\artist\album\songs.mp3

I noticed that one band would not show up. I verified on several computers that I had uploaded the folder and it wasn't just some weird thing on my side. The band name was "...Who Calls So Loud". So I started playing around and took one of their mp3's and put it in the root folder and magically it then showed up in my music player, I think put it back into the ...Who Calls So Loud folder and it was gone again from my music player.

Anyways the bug is that having ... at the beginning of the folder name will hide it from webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post

I noticed that one band would not show up. I verified on several computers that I had uploaded the folder and it wasn't just some weird thing on my side. The band name was "...Who Calls So Loud". So I started playing around and took one of their mp3's and put it in the root folder and magically it then showed up in my music player, I think put it back into the ...Who Calls So Loud folder and it was gone again from my music player.

Anyways the bug is that having ... at the beginning of the folder name will hide it from webOS.
    Part of the reason why this might occur is because in Unix, files/folders that begin with a . are hidden. Palm will have to make a workaround, since the underlying OS is Linux/Unix.

Part of the reason why this might occur is because in Unix, files/folders that begin with a . are hidden. Palm will have to make a workaround, since the underlying OS is Linux/Unix.

Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    I noticed another issue today.

If you are placing a call and while the phone rings you cannot enable the bluetooth during this time. every time you try to open the batterie life menu the phone goes blank/black. I find myself doing this somethime when the Bluetooth software doesn't pair with my ear piece as soon as I'm back in range of the car.

Hope Palm can fix this.
    I don't think this is a bug. I can enable blue-tooth fine. It sounds like you are covering the proximity sensor when you try to click on the battery icon. If the phone is in use, the proximity sensor will darken the menu to not allow the accidental hangup by pressing the phone against your cheek. This is a feature.

Try to not cover up the proximity sensor which is to the right of the earpiece slot/opening (sensor is not visible but it is there).
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I don't think this is a bug. I can enable blue-tooth fine. It sounds like you are covering the proximity sensor when you try to click on the battery icon. If the phone is in use, the proximity sensor will darken the menu to not allow the accidental hangup by pressing the phone against your cheek. This is a feature.

Try to not cover up the proximity sensor which is to the right of the earpiece slot/opening (sensor is not visible but it is there).
    You won't be able to access the bluetooth settings via the quick menu drop-down at the top of the screen. Whenever an object gets close to the proximity sensor, the screen will turn off. You'll need to access via the Bluetooth app on the last app page to turn it on. The proximity sensor blackening the screen helps with battery life too.
    Two bugs to report:

1) After upgrading to 1.1, some people are receiving some of my text messages with @'s between each letter. It's actually only happened to two people who are on different carriers and only on one occasion each. What's funny is that this is the way I used to receive some messages from a friend of mine who has an iPhone on AT&T on a couple of occasions, before 1.1. He claimed it was because my phone didn't support Kanji. Huh?

2) This is probably specific to the BMW bluetooth implementation, but my phone many times "thinks" it's connected to the car when I'm not even around it (not to mention the car should not connect to anything unless it's running). The phone shows the car's bluetooth name and all and it works just as if it was really connected, meaning whenever I make a call, it goes through Bluetooth and I must manually click Audio and select Normal or I won't hear anything. This was there before 1.1 and is still there after upgrading. In case it makes a difference, I have a 2009 335i.
    80. I deleted all conversations, start a new conversation via text and old history pops back up, close out. Go back in my conversation window says I have no conversations just see that message bubble picture.

I have this too... Kind of annoying where you don't see the person's name after you delete the conversation once on future conversations. If you do a search from the messaging card, their conversation will show up... anyone know how to cure this? Did a battery pull? Not a big enough problem to re-install.
    Here's an interesting one, noticed after 1.1.0 (but not sure if it occurred prior)...

Place your finger in the center of the gesture area so the button light turns on, then press (don't hold) the (upper right) power button to turn the screen off / sleep. The gesture light stays on. If your phone is unplugged (not charging), the light turns off after a moment. If your phone is plugged in (charging), the light stays on until you wake the device again. This could wear down the light under the button, if left unnoticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmillz08 View Post
    80. I deleted all conversations, start a new conversation via text and old history pops back up, close out. Go back in my conversation window says I have no conversations just see that message bubble picture.

I have this too... Kind of annoying where you don't see the person's name after you delete the conversation once on future conversations. If you do a search from the messaging card, their conversation will show up... anyone know how to cure this? Did a battery pull? Not a big enough problem to re-install.
    Same behavior here and yes, it's very annoying. It only happens with 1 of my contacts so far. One I have both on Google and Facebook and I happened to change the primary from the default (Facebook) to Google. Since then, I've changed it back, but the behavior remained.

Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Here's an interesting one, noticed after 1.1.0 (but not sure if it occurred prior)...

Place your finger in the center of the gesture area so the button light turns on, then press (don't hold) the (upper right) power button to turn the screen off / sleep. The gesture light stays on. If your phone is unplugged (not charging), the light turns off after a moment. If your phone is plugged in (charging), the light stays on until you wake the device again. This could wear down the light under the button, if left unnoticed.
    I can replicate this. Funny.
    I haven't been able to find the answer to this question...does anybody else have trouble hanging up a single call when you have two calls going at once? The only button that I have is 'Hang up All'.
    Also, I just remembered I didn't see this problem anywhere either...when I am trying to set my alarm to use music instead of the integrated ringtones, some of the songs that I select return an error message that says, "Adding ringtone failed. File may already exist."
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I notice, through all updates of WebOS, when you turn on IM in the Messaging app, then select someone to IM, it goes to the window where you type messages, but defaults to SMS... Why would you want to SMS a person that you selected from Google Talk? Very frustrating.

Also, after 1.1, my phone randomly turns itself off, and it does not come back on... It's done it twice, once during a call, and once while it was idle...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdttu View Post
    I notice, through all updates of WebOS, when you turn on IM in the Messaging app, then select someone to IM, it goes to the window where you type messages, but defaults to SMS... Why would you want to SMS a person that you selected from Google Talk? Very frustrating.

Also, after 1.1, my phone randomly turns itself off, and it does not come back on... It's done it twice, once during a call, and once while it was idle...
    Same thing happens to me, it sporadically turns off by itself and never turns back on. I've missed 2 calls and alarms after installing the update 1.1. Fix it Palm!
    I tried to email a memo. got an error message that said, "Email Application Alert - Error Sending "subject of email"". Then I tried to clear the error message. I clear it and it keeps coming back. Anyone else seen this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bob80001 View Post
    I tried to email a memo. got an error message that said, "Email Application Alert - Error Sending "subject of email"". Then I tried to clear the error message. I clear it and it keeps coming back. Anyone else seen this?
    This is because your email application is unable to send the mail. Perhaps the wifi network you're connected to has port restrictions which keep your Pre from being able to send the email out. The Pre's email app will continue to attempt to send the email periodically, which brings up the error notification. (It's not a bug, it's the mail app trying hard to do what you asked it to do.)

I have a similar issue sending any email from my Pre when connected to my work Wifi. I just turn wifi off and let it send over EVDO. Try that out (provided you have a data signal wherever you are attempting to do this.).
    Try using "B" as a buttom for speed dial. You hold it it down and a "p" pops up and it still won't dial the number you set to it. It used to work, unitl the second software update they did for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I have a similar issue sending any email from my Pre when connected to my work Wifi. I just turn wifi off and let it send over EVDO. Try that out (provided you have a data signal wherever you are attempting to do this.).
    I tried this, but it continues to appear. I do not have trouble sending any emails normally on this wifi either. Is there some way to cancel the attempts so that the error stops reappearing?