Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YonMoor View Post
    I posted this thread on the official Palm forums, where it seems it's not getting any attention at all so far. Next step is to just email it directly to customer support. Who knows what indifferent superstars are moderating their forums.
    You posted this thread by linking them or by copy/pasting the whole thing there? What do you mean it's not getting any attention?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I thank you for your findings!

Quote Originally Posted by YonMoor
    Browsing

1. Auto-center on typing is definitely needed in larger web pages when the text box and cursor move out of view. For example, I was typing in this forum earlier and found it annoying that the text I was typing to continued to fall out of the screen if the text box was wider than the screen itself (especially when zoomed).
    This should not be a problem when you double tap the textbox itself. The browser will resize itself to the width of the textbox. But I do agree, it should auto-center on the typing although I wonder how they can implement that allowing a smooth experience for the user.

Quote Originally Posted by YonMoor
    Random

17. In most (if not all) apps, swiping right-to-left in the gesture area when there is nowhere else to go takes you to card view. This does not happen in Doc View for some reason. Swiping back simply results in a blank Doc View screen (light grey).
    Not only in Doc View but also PDF View, except the only difference is that it goes back to the main PDF View screen whereas Doc View leaves you with that blank screen. Both PDF View and Doc View should just automatically bring out card view.
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    You posted this thread by linking them or by copy/pasting the whole thing there? What do you mean it's not getting any attention?
    I mean that I posted the link to this thread on the official Palm forums, specifically stating what was going on, and nobody has replied yet. That's fine though, I wasn't expecting anybody to read all that anyway. Definitely gonna email it to customer support, I'm gonna make absolutely sure these efforts don't go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    I thank you for your findings!

This should not be a problem when you double tap the textbox itself. The browser will resize itself to the width of the textbox. But I do agree, it should auto-center on the typing although I wonder how they can implement that allowing a smooth experience for the user.

Not only in Doc View but also PDF View, except the only difference is that it goes back to the main PDF View screen whereas Doc View leaves you with that blank screen. Both PDF View and Doc View should just automatically bring out card view.
    Let's just hope they're paying attention.
    There seems to be a memory leak in the Web browser. One example is that on Facebook I play the "Mafia Wars" game and it works well in the Pre's browser, but sometimes it will suddenly put a large loading symbol over the page and then reload the page (if I cancel the reload, I won't be able to click on any links on the page). When it reloads, all the images are messed up - they are not the images that belong in each space, but images from other pages I've previously viewed (i.e. friends' Facebook profile images) and if the image area is larger than the image it has substituted, it will just repeat the edges for the remaining size - very strange-looking! It will also give me the message that I have too many cards open and won't let me open any more cards.

It has done this when I am browsing some random pages that are just regular Web pages (not intense like the game page), too. Closing the browser app lets me open new cards and such, but it is all the quicker to reach the out-of-memory stage when I reopen the browser. Sometimes resetting the phone helps. And sometimes I can use even Mafia Wars with zero memory problems, but other times it is horrible and happens every other page change.
    do you guys have any tweaks aroudn the formatting issue? i select the whole email and delete it (time consuming, wish there was shortcut) before replying
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I had a strange thing happen recently. Yesterday I was sent a text message with an image attached, I didn't get the message until I restarted my phone this morning.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem.
    i think that the launcher pages should reset to the top of the page everytime you close it
    Quote Originally Posted by teledon View Post
    I have the same issue as Kai. When I hold down the shift key and swipe some text to copy it, I can never get all of the text highlighted. I swipe once and get a word or two highlighted. Swipe again and I get a couple more words. When I get close to the end of the text I want to highlight, the next swipe causes the the whole highlight to disappear, and the cursor is left near where the last swipe started. I have been unable to highlight more than a few words on any text, no matter how I try to do it. All of the swipes were over all of the text.

Palm definitely needs to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Just tried this - works for me. Maybe your shift key (or keyboard) is the problem. Demo this at the store to maybe get a replacement.
    Sometimes I have the same problem with this that teledon and Kai described and sometimes it works as chemengr described. Who knows why it works once and not another time? Frustrating.

I'm also frustrated that I can't copy text from an email that I receive. I have tried to "forward" the email so that I can copy text from it and paste it elsewhere, followed by deleting the "forwarded" email. It just does not work, the only text I can highlight to copy is text I type above the forwarded email.
    i hate the extra space between the keyboard and screen.

terrible build, great os
    I have not had a chance to read through all of the pages here. But WTF is up with the notification sounds?

I have only had my pre for a few days now. And have lost the notification sounds for emails and texts twice. The second time, no sounds worked (i.e. incoming calls...). I have restarted the phone using the Device Info icon each time and it restores the sounds after it starts up again.

I have also noticed that there is a conflict with the "System Sounds." The first time I wasn't able to hear the sounds for texts and new mail was when I had that turned off. Turning it on helped and brought those sounds back. But I didn't want to hear the "swoosh" sound. So I turned it off and restarted. It worked as it should for a little bit. Then it lost all sounds. Restarting brought them back again.

Whatever the case...there is a SNAFU bug with the sounds.

++ Also, is there any way to make the screen stay on longer when you get a notification when your phone is in standby? I will get a text or mail message, it will flash the notification up for a split second and then it turns the screen off. It would be nice to actually be able to see what the message is before it turns off again. Instead, I have to hit the power button and unlock then see the message after tapping the bottom.

A setting to keep notification up on new message in standby for 10 seconds would be really nice. I don't even have to unlock to read it. I just want to know the type (email/text, voicemail, etc...). Then either unlock to retrieve it...or just let it go back to sleep.

Other than these few nuisances, I love the pre and the mogul can kiss my A$$
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I admittedly did not search through 36 pages, but if you close the slider too fast/hard, the Pre shuts down and needs a boot.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    That is a defect. I had to exchange mine for another one that works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    1) when browsing the web in landscape and a new browser page opens up...it's in portrait... quickly flipping from portrait to landscape puts it in landscape, but it's silly....lol

2) my mp4 sometimes play and sometimes i get 'unable to play file' error message...not sure why... the software is quirky...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    do you guys have any tweaks aroudn the formatting issue? i select the whole email and delete it (time consuming, wish there was shortcut) before replying
    If you mean the problem that happens with some e-mails where the reply screen is squeezed together and sometimes doesn't even show the send button? Yes! Just close the reply card (push the card off the home screen to get rid of it), which automatically saves the reply as a draft. Then, go into that e-mail account's Drafts folder and open the reply up. The formatting is normal and the send button is back!

I discovered this by mistake once, as I have one friend where this problem happens when I reply to her e-mails. I also can't see her in-line graphics. She uses a certain e-mail program (I forget which one now, but it is one that allows her to easily add graphics and such) that I believe is the culprit, since nobody else's e-mails have this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by teledon
    I have the same issue as Kai. When I hold down the shift key and swipe some text to copy it, I can never get all of the text highlighted. I swipe once and get a word or two highlighted. Swipe again and I get a couple more words. When I get close to the end of the text I want to highlight, the next swipe causes the the whole highlight to disappear, and the cursor is left near where the last swipe started. I have been unable to highlight more than a few words on any text, no matter how I try to do it. All of the swipes were over all of the text.
    Are you trying to swipe over the actual words you wish to copy? Or just anywhere in the screen? It works much better if you swipe anywhere on the screen - and you can see where you are highlighting a lot better that way, too. (I used to think you had to do it the former way, too, until I read on these boards that you can do it the latter way. Ever since then, it works much better!)
    You cannot open an email attachment of type email (xxx.eml)
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I think I found a bug...

I'm listening to kanye west's album "808's & Heartbreak" today when I noticed that in the title bar in the music app (where it gives you the option to choose between track view and album art view).. it says "808's & Heartbreak".

it doesn't really distract from the music experience.. but its a bug i guess. It only says the "&" in the title bar. Everywhere else it gives the correct "&" symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    How do you log out of just one chat client... I can't figure this out for the life of me...
    This worked for me: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post1773426
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    No really, quite frankly this is a fruitless endeavor unless somebody from Palm actually sees this list. I've tried twice - once posting it on their official forums (nobody gave a ****) and once emailing links to the support people (no response).

Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Are you trying to swipe over the actual words you wish to copy? Or just anywhere in the screen? It works much better if you swipe anywhere on the screen - and you can see where you are highlighting a lot better that way, too. (I used to think you had to do it the former way, too, until I read on these boards that you can do it the latter way. Ever since then, it works much better!)
    It has to do with the way the Pre is interpreting your selection gesture. If you aren't precise enough, the Pre considers that you are trying to also select the line above or below. If your on the last line of a text block and you swipe too far downward vertically, the Pre thinks your trying to select the line below too, but no line below exists, so it places your cursor back at the end of the line (where you probably started the text selection at). Try it on an editable text area. Place your cursor at the end of the text block, select leftward, and slope downward.

I think the Pre should give a little more tolerance to upward test selevtion gestures. If I want to select the line above, require that I swipe at least a half inch vertically, rather than a quarter inch, for example. This is a setting that is hard to mail down and would vary widely as a preference from person to person.