Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    I have had problems with adding or changing numbers to conatacts that I have in my palm contacts list. I will change the number, add a new nubmer, or change the type (work, home) and when I push done I can see the changes for a split second then it changes back to what it was pre-changing.

They are all numbers that I carried over from my centrothrough Palm Desktop as recomended by the instruction manuall. I dont know if that makes a difference but I would have thought it would be a common complaint if it was not something unique about my problem.

Only thing I have been able to do is delete the contact completely and start over.
    Good list. I have thought of starting one.

I have had problems with adding or changing numbers to conatacts that I have in my palm contacts list. I will change the number, add a new nubmer, or change the type (work, home) and when I push done I can see the changes for a split second then it changes back to what it was pre-changing.

They are all numbers that I carried over from my centrothrough Palm Desktop as recomended by the instruction manuall. I dont know if that makes a difference but I would have thought it would be a common complaint if it was not something unique about my problem.

Only thing I have been able to do is delete the contact completely and start over.
    I have the same problem. I do think I posted this a while ago.
    i should mention that i have light leakage all over my screen - not just the bottom.

the top left has 2 fingertip sized blotches (blue in color), middle right has a streak, and the bottom (above gesture area) is all glowy along the entire bottom. it came this way. cant see the marks unless you have a solid background and look at the phone sideways, then you can see all the blotches easily..
    There should be some indicator at the top or bottom of the text-messaging app that tells the user how many characters he's used so far -- in case he's sending a message to a user that maxes out at 160 characters and he wants to keep it to one single text message.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    There should be some indicator at the top or bottom of the text-messaging app that tells the user how many characters he's used so far -- in case he's sending a message to a user that maxes out at 160 characters and he wants to keep it to one single text message.
    I don't think it's necessary but sure. I have found that it is usually five to six lines before you max out. So always type conservatively before you hit 5-6 lines.
    Can #89 be updated?

Current = 89. Calendar bug: Exchange sync and Outlook 2007 - when an all day event is on the calendar, editing the notes field on the Pre will change the all day event into a meeting invite on Outlook.

Update = Any appointment created or edited on the Pre will change the appointment to a meeting invitation.
    very interesting list, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyanderson View Post
    Can #89 be updated?

Current = 89. Calendar bug: Exchange sync and Outlook 2007 - when an all day event is on the calendar, editing the notes field on the Pre will change the all day event into a meeting invite on Outlook.

Update = Any appointment created or edited on the Pre will change the appointment to a meeting invitation.
    Yes, this is true.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Has this list been sent to Palm?
    I noticed another issue today.

If you are placing a call and while the phone rings you cannot enable the bluetooth during this time. every time you try to open the batterie life menu the phone goes blank/black. I find myself doing this somethime when the Bluetooth software doesn't pair with my ear piece as soon as I'm back in range of the car.

Hope Palm can fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I have found that as you type a long text and you go over the per text character limit, a small blue 2 appears near the airplane send button in the bottom right of the text entry area.
    I have the same issue as Kai. When I hold down the shift key and swipe some text to copy it, I can never get all of the text highlighted. I swipe once and get a word or two highlighted. Swipe again and I get a couple more words. When I get close to the end of the text I want to highlight, the next swipe causes the the whole highlight to disappear, and the cursor is left near where the last swipe started. I have been unable to highlight more than a few words on any text, no matter how I try to do it. All of the swipes were over all of the text.

Palm definitely needs to fix this.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    So if copy/cut and paste doesn't work then I will assume the feature on the PRE doesn't exist.

Dear Palm please fix the issue before you state the feature exists. If noone can use it then it doesn't exist.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just stumbled across a problem. I have never really cleaned up or deleted old text messages, and have sent several MMS messages to the same contact with a long 'messaging app' thread. We just started sending pics back and fourth, and it seemed to overload the messaging app. Application lagged and locked up the phone. Restarted, tried launching, and when opening that persons threaded message, locked up again. Restarted, deleted that persons thread, and all is well now.
    Quote Originally Posted by teledon View Post
    I have the same issue as Kai. When I hold down the shift key and swipe some text to copy it, I can never get all of the text highlighted. I swipe once and get a word or two highlighted. Swipe again and I get a couple more words. When I get close to the end of the text I want to highlight, the next swipe causes the the whole highlight to disappear, and the cursor is left near where the last swipe started. I have been unable to highlight more than a few words on any text, no matter how I try to do it. All of the swipes were over all of the text.

Palm definitely needs to fix this.
    Just tried this - works for me. Maybe your shift key (or keyboard) is the problem. Demo this at the store to maybe get a replacement.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    When I'm in a particular text conversation in Messaging and I'm actually still there, with the screen on and everything, and that person writes me back, I get the notification in the notification area. That notification doesn't go away until I open it and dismiss it.

Two points:
    • If I'm in a conversation with that person, especially with the screen on, do I need to have that notification pop up? Mostly no, but maybe yes, to signify that it came in...But...
    • ...there should be some way for that notification to automatically be dismissed, since I'm actually in that conversation. Perhaps it should be dismissed when I respond and write back...

Hm, maybe this is less a bug than a seemingly logical, "anticipating your needs" enhancement...
    I've had this thing for 4 days and I've been doing nothing but "testing" out how random things work (I start work next week fml). Mostly, I've been dealing with the syncing of contacts in AIM/Google, and testing how the phone reacts to random things that I do in Calendar/Email. I pay tremendous attention to detail, so sorry if some of these seem pretty trivial. (Then again, the orange ribbon in the Pre box clearly says "NO DETAIL IS SMALL"...) Before I start, I just wanna say it's awesome that this community is so supportive of Palm. I suppose we're doing them a huge favor by documenting all this stuff, I just hope they take advantage of it. It would be stupid not to. In any case, this is an awesome "first attempt" by Palm, despite the bugs, and one that will definitely bring the company back into the game in my opinion. One of the main goals (mine at least) is to overtake the iTwats.

Okay, here we go.

Browsing

1. Auto-center on typing is definitely needed in larger web pages when the text box and cursor move out of view. For example, I was typing in this forum earlier and found it annoying that the text I was typing to continued to fall out of the screen if the text box was wider than the screen itself (especially when zoomed).

2. The web Gmail acts very strange. Just try archiving or other basic functions and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Calendar

3. The calendar has issues displaying the presence of all-day events in the Month view, regardless of whether they were created on Google or the Pre. Usually appointments come up as gray little rectangles in the Month view, but this only works when they are for a certain time of the day (for example, 12:00pm to 1:00pm).

4. Month view also fails to display appointments for a certain time of the day if they are no-duration events. For example, "Rent due" from 12:00pm to 12:00pm on Monday is displayed in both Day and Week views, but Month has nothing once again.

5. When I make an appointment on the Pre and allow it to upload to Google Calendar, and then later on edit that appointment and let the edit upload to Google Calendar as well, it shows up on Google Calendar with a little "?" to the left of the appointment asking to confirm. As far as I can tell this happens only after a previously scheduled (and uploaded to Google) appointment is edited. No clue why this happens.

6. If I make an appointment either through Google calendar or the Pre, for example "Lunch" at 12:00pm and switch to Month view, a little grey rectangle appears in the middle of the box for that day, correctly representing that the appointment is towards the middle of the day. However, if I switch the view from "All calendars" to, "Google" or "Palm Profile" only, the 12:00pm Lunch appointment day has a grey rectangle that takes up the first 1/3rd of that day's box along with the lunch appointment at 12:00pm, incorrectly representing that another appointment exists earlier in the day when there is none. Has anybody else noticed this?

7. Editing an all-day event in Google Calendar doesn't matter - it permanently remains an all-day event on the Pre. For example, if I go into Google Calendar and enter "Ron Jeremy's party" as an all-day event, and it updates to the Pre as an all-day event, it will remain an all-day event even if you edit the time on Google Calendar to be from 6pm to 11pm or whatever. However, if you're quick enough and edit it to add times before the Pre has a chance to sync, it will be fine.

8. A "default calendar view" option, like Google's, would be nice. Obviously I like Month view...

AIM/SMS

9. Importing your AIM buddies syncs fine... once. If you later remove a buddy on your AIM through your computer, the contact remains. The only way to fix this is to sign out, remove the account, and then do everything all over again. Tremendous pain in the ***.

10. If one contact has two AIM screennames, and you try to text both, it works. If one contact has two phone numbers, and you try to text both numbers at the same time, the Pre does nothing.

11. Whenever I go into Messaging > click New Message > and begin typing in the 'Enter name or number' field, the AIM address of the person I am typing is not listed as one of the options available to select. However, if I press on the little book in the same field to add contacts, their AIM is displayed.

12. After adding an AIM screenname to profile THROUGH THE PRE, the availability indicator (the little green dot) is always blank, regardless of whether that contact is online or not.

13. After linking a Palm contact to an AIM profile screenname, and then removing the AIM profile completely (which obviously unlinks the Palm contact/screenname), the small Available/Busy/Offline indicator dot remains as "offline" next to the contact's name when communicating via regular SMS in the main Messaging screen - even though there isn't even an AIM account linked anymore.

14. Sometimes says AOL, others times says AIM for the IM type in the contacts or whatever. Kind of inconsistent.

15. Can't highlight an entire paragraph when text messaging, must swipe continuously as the cursor moves through every individual line.

Contacts

16. Google contacts syncing is atrocious (unbelievable clutter because Gmail automatically adds everyone you email to your contacts). Either Google needs to enable an option for users to disable the automatic saving of emails, or Palm needs to figure out a way to let the Pre sync with ONLY "My Contacts" in Gmail.

Random

17. In most (if not all) apps, swiping right-to-left in the gesture area when there is nowhere else to go takes you to card view. This does not happen in Doc View for some reason. Swiping back simply results in a blank Doc View screen (light grey).

This took way too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Has this list been sent to Palm?
    I posted this thread on the official Palm forums, where it seems it's not getting any attention at all so far. Next step is to just email it directly to customer support. Who knows what indifferent superstars are moderating their forums.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    While playing a video in the youtube app, I plugged in the micro usb charging cable and the phone restarted.