Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Anyone find that their calendar event reminder notifications have stopped working since 1.0.4? (I searched the thread, but didn't find anything on the subject.)

I have 4 daily calendar reminders set to go off 5 minutes prior to the start. I used to get a beep and vibrate from my Pre, and the screen would give me "Dismiss" and "Snooze" buttons. That has stopped working entirely.

Palm's Support site talks about tapping the (i) on the right side of the calendar event to check its settings. I don't see the (i), and tapping on the event itself seems to bring up the same info, and I've confirmed that alarms are set on the items.
    I've noticed that any edits to Pre calendar entries cause the Google entries to disappear. Just noticed it this week.

-R
    So when is the AIM bug, the fact that it drains your energy, going to be fixed cause I'd love to use AIM but I stop myself from using it cause then I'd have no batteryy.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or by poor design, but when the phone is on the touchstone and locked, if a call comes in and you remove the phone from the touchstone, it answers the call, but the screen stays locked. I can understand it answering the call, but then you have to unlock it during the call to do anything.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or by poor design, but when the phone is on the touchstone and locked, if a call comes in and you remove the phone from the touchstone, it answers the call, but the screen stays locked. I can understand it answering the call, but then you have to unlock it during the call to do anything.
    Do you have password protection? If so this is normal from a security perspective because it denies someone from bypassing the lock simply by calling you. My Pre unlocks when I receive a call and pick it up off the touchstone but I don't have a password enabled on the device.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    Do you have password protection? If so this is normal from a security perspective because it denies someone from bypassing the lock simply by calling you. My Pre unlocks when I receive a call and pick it up off the touchstone but I don't have a password enabled on the device.
    No, I have no password locking set.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    I'll have to double check the behavior of mine, but I'm pretty sure it unlocks for me. Does it unlock for you when you pull it off the Touchstone (without a call coming in)?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    I'll have to double check the behavior of mine, but I'm pretty sure it unlocks for me. Does it unlock for you when you pull it off the Touchstone (without a call coming in)?
    Yes, that's why I thought it was weird. It unlocks automatically when not in a call.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    103. Change text entry in an "email" field on web page to not automatically capitalize the first letter.

I know password fields have the auto-cap turned off because it makes sense. But some websites are picky and will give me a login error if I use an email address where the first letter is capitalized. If I'm not conscious enough to hit the backspace each time, then I fail the login. Kind of annoying.

Of course, if WebOS would store our sessions so we wouldn't have to log in to websites every time then this would solve a good portion of the problem.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    1) Dead Pixel - right out of box - will not replace
    2) Back Cover - Hot when in use
    3) Speed Dial - Sucks - only can use 2 thru 9 on the dial pad then have to go to the keypad - DUMB. My mother had multiple numbers and my other phone I set her primary number as 6 and each number as 16, 26, 36, etc. This way is easier to use instead of sliding the phone to use speed dial.
    4) Ringer volume low - by the time I get it out of the Palm leather case by pulling to strap it is too late
    5) No Ringtones available - or how do you get more ringtones??
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Yes, that's why I thought it was weird. It unlocks automatically when not in a call.
    I tested this at home yesterday and do not see the same results. It unlocks when I pick it up to answer an incoming call. I'm running WebOS 1.0.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    1) Dead Pixel - right out of box - will not replace
    2) Back Cover - Hot when in use
    3) Speed Dial - Sucks - only can use 2 thru 9 on the dial pad then have to go to the keypad - DUMB. My mother had multiple numbers and my other phone I set her primary number as 6 and each number as 16, 26, 36, etc. This way is easier to use instead of sliding the phone to use speed dial.
    4) Ringer volume low - by the time I get it out of the Palm leather case by pulling to strap it is too late
    5) No Ringtones available - or how do you get more ringtones??
    This is a Buglist, not a wishlist.

1-is not a bug, but a hardware defect. Return to the place of purchase for an exchange.
    2-See number 1, but keep in mind that a battery is discharging millimeters from your hand and hot is not a precise term.
    3-Thats a feature request. See other forums for the appropiate area (Use the search feature)
    4-Search for the resolve, which has already been found. Louder ringtones are available.
    5-You can use any mp3 as a ringtone. Again, search the forums and will find options. I have used mobile24.com to find some decent tones.
    I can't duplicate this, but, twice yesterday my browser started launching new, blank browsers. They came so fast I couldn't keep up with throwing them off the screen. When the max cards limit was reached this stopped and I could close all of them.
    I've had my pre for less than a week and am not a heavy browser user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    74. If I send an email from my pop account and it can not go for whatever reason, it gets in some kind of send loop and I cannot delete it or stop it. I finally had to delete the account and start over.
    You can "swipe" the post to the left and delete it from the outbox. It takes a while for the phone to recognize this, but it DOES eventually recognize it without needed to reset anything else.

I find it somewhat buggy around POP mail in general, though. Like, why is it that sometimes an outgoing post "can not go for whatever reason"? Sometimes it will be sent hours later, and sometimes it's just stuck. And there doesn't seem to be any way to re-send, or move the text to another place to try again.

Also, sometimes my Pre simply fails to download e-mail from my POP accounts. I'll notice a note that got through to another device hours ago. The "fix" seems to be putting the Pre in "airplane" mode and then turning airplane mode off, which somehow tells the Pre to take a look at its networks again.

Really wish mail were more reliable. I'm still using "Snapper" in Classic as a backup for when Mail is flaky.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    you know you can just continue swiping, right? but I agree a full swipe should be indicative of wanting to highlight the whole row.
    I know that, but find selecting text very tedious and "touchy" on the Pre. This is a major area for improvement.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I've had my Palm Pre for two weeks now and I've noticed a couple of things that deserve some attention. Some of these issues I will be listing may either be considered a bug or poor design implementation. Whatever the case, I hope Palm will read this and look into it (does Palm go on this forum anyway?).

1) Notifications - When I am in a text conversation with someone on screen and I receive a new text from that person, a notification pops up. It isn't necessary to notify me a new text comes in when it is already on my screen. Workaround: Just press center button and click on notification and it will re-open the same text conversation but the notification will be gone.

2) Lag & Stuttering - This may be more of an optimization request. During the first day, it was smooth. But even without adding apps for the second day, it begins to lag. This includes scrolling between cards, scrolling in browsers, and scrolling in launcher.

3) Keyboard - Rarely will this happen but it does happen regardless. Sometimes when I press a letter once, it will continuously insert the letter repeatedly such as: "kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" by itself. It eventually stops when I press the center button or whatnot.

4) MMS - I live in a fairly good receptive area. Text messages send quickly. However there are times (more frequent than not) when sending pictures through MMS fails. The other recipient does not receive it at all. There are no notification of such event happening either. I often ask the other recipient if they have received it or not. There is no notification possible for this.

5) E-mail - Whenever I accidentally click on "reply", I often just want to throw it away. Following the logic of other apps, if I wanted to close/cancel them, I just press center and toss the card away. However, that logic does not apply to e-mails. When I press center and toss the e-mail away, it saves it as a draft (using Gmail). I am not sure if this is a design decision or not. Workaround: Click on menu to discard the draft.

6) Copy / Paste - I find copying and pasting difficult to use and pretty much useless since you can not copy/paste everything you see. You can't copy/paste text messages nor even internet sites. This is a poor design decision (or maybe it was an unintended effect). It is also difficult to pinpoint exactly where you want to start copying and ending it (i.e. highlighting a word).

7) Memos - There is no easy way to toss away a memo. The tedious step of tossing a memo away is to click on menu and delete it.

8) Memo vs Task - What is the point? The task app is useless. Memos are infinitely better. What is the point of entering a task title and a task list? It isn't quick or efficient. Maybe I am uneducated in this part.

9) Vibration - It does not work for IMs or E-Mails or anything fitting of a notification. There is no way for me to know if I have received an IM. Even if I have put the settings to all vibrate. No ability to use vibration for alarm clock (especially for a hearing-impaired person myself).

10) Streaming - There would be errors with streaming sites when it should have streamed fine.

11) Music - It is very limited. You can not put one song on repeat. You can not track the music to a specific time. You can not make a playlist on the fly. It is frustrating using the music feature on the Palm Pre. The volume button doesn't help much either.

12) Volume - The volume button is limited in the sense that each volume increase is an immediate and significant difference from the last volume. It is not a subtle difference but a significant difference. For example, if the volume is at 7/10, I may find it a little weak so I increase it to 8/10 but that is too loud! I wish I could summarize this a bit better.

13) Back Gesture - Sometimes using the back gesture causes some cards to end up being entirely white and non-functional. Workaround: Discard the card.

14) Keyboard Light - No ability to separately turn on keyboard light without increasing brightness for screen. They are locked in together.

That is all I have for now. I apologize if some of these may be more of feature requests. Thanks for understanding. I hope if anyone of you have experienced the same as I have, please put some feedback!

Thanks,
    Yiffy
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Touchscreen FROZEN
    New one: 2 items

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...k-missing.html

Palm who's strength has always been their calendar has really missed something with the Pre interface, day of the week when changing an item. For example lets say you have an event on Monday and it gets re scheduled for next Thursday, well I don't have the date associated with every day of the week memorized. Ahh is next Thursday the 11th or the 13th? Well I don't know bc the event won't show me unless I back out of the event and go to the week or month view. Palm you gotta fix this.

Also Palm missed another item with the scheduling. When you are adding a event that will last 2 hours for example, the begin time and end time do not fit on the screen. You have to flick down to pick the end time. Come on that's a total wasted un needed motion by the user. Palm you gotta fix that too.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    There are a number of people experiencing a broken email app with gmail. I don't know if it's related to gmails new hide & move folder on the full web version or what is up.

Essentially our phones won't receive any new gmail into the email app.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1746900

has more about it. Mine stopped working about 2 days ago. Deleting the gmail account and starting over will temporarily have it bring in new mail, but only on the first sync...then no more.

Sean
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    When using Exchange to sync contacts, about 75% of my contacts with one name in them (like "john" not "john smith") don't show up as contacts on the Pre. I have one random contact with 160 numbers in there, all of which are the numbers of contacts with one name.

Note my exchange contacts in Outlook are not changed, and I even tried renaming one of my contacts to include a first/last name to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?