Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain2Me2 View Post
    Entries done on Google Calendar (on my Computer) Sync to my Pre without a problem.

However entries done on my phones' Google Calendar, do not Sync up to the Web Version.

I'm positive I was able to Sync some entries like that a couple of days ago.
    I'm finding that multi-day events I create in Google Calendar on my PC don't FULLY sync to Pre. I had an event that ran from a Tues to a Sat (6/30-7/4) but for some odd reason Sat would not show on Pre, only Tues-Fri.
    Thought I had mistakenly hit the paper airplane icon when this happened the first time, but now it's happened multiple times, with both e-mails and TXTs.

If you're in the middle of writing one and you get distracted, Pre will go ahead and send what you've written so far when it goes into sleep mode. Doesn't save it as a draft, oh no, it sends it.

Y! Mail did its periodic Inbox refresh, and for some reason it deleted all of the older e-mails in the process. Only thing in the Inbox was what Pre had just retrieved. Had to go into Y! Mail setup and increase the number of e-mails Pre stores from 2 weeks to a month. That brought them all back.
    Haven't seen this posted. From time to time, you can't access your call history. You can push and push on the icon but no go. Make a call and suddenly you can access it again.
    Bluetooth doesn't always work the same. Sometimes it defaults to Bluetooth (as opposed to normal or speaker) when a call comes in and sometimes it doesn't. Very annoying always having to hit that button when calls come in or not knowing if it will automatically come up on the headset.
    Cannot cut and paste text messages or forward them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need ES with PIN security for corporate account please
    I know a previous poster wrote that contacts can be accessed through Sprint Nav, but when I click on contacts in Drive To it says I have no addresses.

Not necessarily a bug, but I'm limited to only 12 favorites for internet bookmarks? Are you effing kidding me? Seriously? You're just messing with me right Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    I know a previous poster wrote that contacts can be accessed through Sprint Nav, but when I click on contacts in Drive To it says I have no addresses.
    I researched this and found from other forum posts that only addresses saved in your Palm Profile show up in Sprint Nav. I use Google to save my PIM data, so Sprint Nav doesn't show addresses, except for those synced over from my older Palm device, which made it into my Palm Profile prior to google syncing.
    GPS I've experienced a number of issues with GPS. Once, no program could locate me at all even though GPS was set to on. Had to reset the phone. Second, I live in NYC, I pulled up Google Maps to get my position and find some grocery stores in the area and it had me pinned in Washington DC. Goodfood also had me in the same area. WHERE could not locate me. Had to reset the phone to fix this as well.

E-Mail There have been plenty of times where my gmail account which is set to receive mail as items arrive won't notify me of mail until I actually check my e-mail app. The setting is switched on to show notifications. This is very annoying.

System Sounds Anytime the phone is turned off then on again, or simply reset, system sounds will be on, even if the switch is set to "off". You have to manually switch it back to on, then off again to fix the problem.
    I think I'll stick with my Blackberry. Always works, never a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgdoc View Post
    I think I'll stick with my Blackberry. Always works, never a problem.
    I agree, except in my case it's my Treo 755p. I'm hoping that WebOS 2.0 will give me what I need.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    When you link an AIM profile with a contact that contains an ampersand (&) in their name, it fails to properly show their name when in the messenger.

For example, you have this contact in your contact list:
    Husband & Wife Lastname

You link the AIM profile whatever@aol.com

In the Messenger display, it shows the person as:
    Husband & Lastname
    (failing to display whatever immediately follows the ampersand, in this case Wife).
    Try using two ampersands "Husband && Wife Last Name" This is a trick from the old days, but maybe it will work here, too. Maybe not, but easy to try.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizelbs View Post
    Not necessarily a bug, but I'm limited to only 12 favorites for internet bookmarks? Are you effing kidding me? Seriously? You're just messing with me right Palm?
    I don't know if it is like this because I don't have that many bookmarks, but does it just not let you create it or just not show up? I wonder if it is still created but like the ringtone list that only shows 50 ringtones. If you search for the bookmarks past 12 inside the web app does it show up like the default bookmarks do? Just some thoughts.
    This is minor, but when I get email from one of my accounts (I've named the account F&R) and the phone wakes up to provide the notification, the notification says "F&R:" instead of "F&R:".
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    E-Mail There have been plenty of times where my gmail account which is set to receive mail as items arrive won't notify me of mail until I actually check my e-mail app. The setting is switched on to show notifications. This is very annoying.
    Obviously this is a bug w/ the Pre. However I've found a temporary workaround. Set it for one of the timed checks and you probably won't know the difference. I use 10 minutes and it works great. Yes, it does still need to be addressed by Palm, though.
    I know other people have already mentioned the lack of a D-pad and the weirdness of holding down Shift to select text, but in my experience, the two of these things combine to make selecting an entire text field a total nightmare.

I just created a Calendar entry. Wrote some stuff in the "notes" field, then realized it was short enough that it could just be the title. I wanted to highlight the entire contents of the notes field, cut, and then paste into the title.

And I just could not do it. As many times as I tried holding Shift and swiping across the text, I couldn't get all of it selected. Each time, I'd wind up with the cursor in the middle of the text, and nothing selected.

Eventually, I just gave up and hit backspace a bunch and then retyped the text into the title. I'd call that a major usability failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai MacTane View Post
    I know other people have already mentioned the lack of a D-pad and the weirdness of holding down Shift to select text, but in my experience, the two of these things combine to make selecting an entire text field a total nightmare.

I just created a Calendar entry. Wrote some stuff in the "notes" field, then realized it was short enough that it could just be the title. I wanted to highlight the entire contents of the notes field, cut, and then paste into the title.

And I just could not do it. As many times as I tried holding Shift and swiping across the text, I couldn't get all of it selected. Each time, I'd wind up with the cursor in the middle of the text, and nothing selected.

Eventually, I just gave up and hit backspace a bunch and then retyped the text into the title. I'd call that a major usability failure.
    you know you can just continue swiping, right? but I agree a full swipe should be indicative of wanting to highlight the whole row.

I've been having problems with either music or pandora running, and then a call comes in. Or just using another heavy app... it will really take the phone out for a bit. After the call is over, I hang up and can barely get anything to respond. I have to wait it out (it's a hair faster than a hard reboot).
    I would like to point out that synergy is not linking anything except for maybe pic icons and some info. my friend ask me have you seen my new picture (on a text). i could see it a little bit. so i went to her contact and could also see a small icon, BUT where is the entire picture? why is it not FULLY synced so i can look at it? On top of that there was no link to her facebook from the contact information. I should be able to click on her contact an go right to her facebook page.

work around: manually type facebook profile link into contact URL info.