Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phobium View Post
    I came here to see if anyone else was having this issue like me, and found it. I can turn WiFi on, off, Airplane Mode on, Off, the internet connection will not be restored and I have to reboot.
    same issue, its very annoying to have to restart the phone twice a day for something so stupid.

the internet stops working, the phone says you have a signal but it doesn't load anything online. after a restart the internet works fine again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sokhar View Post
    Didn't see this in the list yet so...

When in the phone app, if a notification comes in, the app doesn't resize like the rest of them and the notification blocks the bottom two buttons in the phone app. This would be a minor annoyance but the notification won't go away until you respond to it so basically you can't use the phone app till you respond or go out of the phone app so the notification minimizes.

Anybody else experience this or is it just my device?
    My phone screen has enough room at the bottom to show a single line notification bar of minimized icons. Now if I touch the icon(s) down there, it will show a more detailed view of the notification(s), which covers part of the buttons, or both buttons if I have a multiple icons. This is expected because I touched the icon. To reduce from detailed view back to icon view, do a back swipe gesture. It reduces back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    same issue, its very annoying to have to restart the phone twice a day for something so stupid.

the internet stops working, the phone says you have a signal but it doesn't load anything online. after a restart the internet works fine again.
    I have noticed this issue once since I bought the phone on the day it came out. Since you're experiencing it often, does turning off Wifi, then turning it back on help? If not on Wifi, does toggling airplane mode on, then off, help?
    Quote Originally Posted by sokhar View Post
    When in the phone app, if a notification comes in, the app doesn't resize like the rest of them...
    Oh yeah, and the Pre doesn't resize for all notification updates. I think it does for some, but for others (like phone and Video Player), it just crops off the bottom of the screen (or side if you're watching something in landscape mode).

When reducing to card view, it does truly resize though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I have noticed this issue once since I bought the phone on the day it came out. Since you're experiencing it often, does turning off Wifi, then turning it back on help? If not on Wifi, does toggling airplane mode on, then off, help?
    For me. it happens whenever I turn Airplane mode on to save battery in the subway. Normally i have to toggle it on/off multiple times and SOMETIMES it works. Other times I give up and restart.

ALSO - My phone seems to have an issue with Network Time. Sometimes it goes 5-6 minutes ahead and then changes back to the correct time once I restart the phone or toggle airplane mode.

Anyone else experience this?
  6. PCS
    yea i hope they fix them soon
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    One more to add. When the screen is locked and the Emergency button is pressed, 911 is pre-populated on the phone screen. If the dial button is hit you will be calling 911. The feature is nice that only 911 can be dialed but the user should press those keys as oppose to it being pre-populated. I've called 911 from my leather case several times when my phone is locked and the screen is turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    One more to add. When the screen is locked and the Emergency button is pressed, 911 is pre-populated on the phone screen. If the dial button is hit you will be calling 911. The feature is nice that only 911 can be dialed but the user should press those keys as oppose to it being pre-populated. I've called 911 from my leather case several times when my phone is locked and the screen is turned off.
    I think it should be a little harder to dial 911. I want to lock my phone, but if my kids get a hold of it, they'll easily press whatever buttons they see and will end up calling 911. They already know they can't unlock it, so they'll press whatever else they can to get as far along as possible, which ends up dialing 911. It hasn't happened yet, but this is what I fear.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    It seem that all of my Facebook calendar events are scheduled 2 hours later than what they are in Facebook. Has this been stated already?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I found a bug with the mobile yahoo mail site, m.yahoo.com/mail: if you try to open an attachment (for me it was an image), it starts looping opening new browser windows, until your memory is full or something. I managed to start closing them before that happened, so I don't know what would happen, it might just lock up.
    Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, but I changed my AD domain password on my PC and the Pre (with EAS direct push set up) instantly recognized the password mismatch and prompted me for new credentials. The only problem is when I hit the notification it took me to a new account setup with POP as the server type.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I think it should be a little harder to dial 911. I want to lock my phone, but if my kids get a hold of it, they'll easily press whatever buttons they see and will end up calling 911. They already know they can't unlock it, so they'll press whatever else they can to get as far along as possible, which ends up dialing 911. It hasn't happened yet, but this is what I fear.
    Dude I called 911 when trying to apply the Zagg invisible shield (and no, it wasn't to ask for help!). I had NO IDEA until I heard a voice say "where's your emergency." It was embarrassing and scary at the same time.
    it should zoom in, when selecting input field

it should detect type of input field, and turn on numeric or alphanumeric.

pressing on the button doesn't work most of the time, especially gmail.

main menu (round) button should bring up the screen, and allow unlock w/ finger gesture.
    I had 2 issues. I was using the Moneygram site to send money. I was able to do the whole transaction but it would not show any of the dates or reference numbers. I had to borrow an iPhone from a friend to do what I had to do. Is there some bug in web browser?

Also, one day my web stopped working I just got blank pages. I thought to clear all my cookies, cache and bookmarks and then I was able to access web again. That was a real pain.
    52. If you have same names listed in your contacts with a different suffix (Sr., Jr., III) it merges them together. My father and I have the same name and when I try to add him as a contact it attaches all his information to me.

This one can be deleted. It's easily correctable...go into your contacts, select the contact that was merged. In the right corner you'll see the picture block with the number of profiles combined. Select that block, it will drop down all the profiles...select a profile and unlink them.
    When you link an AIM profile with a contact that contains an ampersand (&) in their name, it fails to properly show their name when in the messenger.

For example, you have this contact in your contact list:
    Husband & Wife Lastname

You link the AIM profile whatever@aol.com

In the Messenger display, it shows the person as:
    Husband & Lastname
    (failing to display whatever immediately follows the ampersand, in this case Wife).
    I found only one other thread with this bug reported...

My Pre has 18 saved bookmarks, but the thumbnail view only shows the first 12. To access all of them, I need to use the browser menu - Bookmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djevac View Post
    Alright so I don't know if its the phone or sprints network that is screwing up but my clock keeps going off the correct time. That's in the automatic time and network time. Anybody???
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Mine did it today also - its the network.

Doesn't seem to matter whether it's set to network time or set manually, my Pre can't seem to keep accurate time for more than a day or two. Wondering if I just have a lemon or if this is a bug of all Pres.
    Is anyone having issues with Calendar Reminders not working? Mine's always worked in the past prior to the latest update.

I've tried the Palm troubleshooting suggestion and checked that all options are turned "on" in "Sounds & Ringtones." The switch on the top of the phone is turned "on" as well.

This has just now started happening all of a sudden.
    My Pre didn't even make it 2 weeks. I never dropped it once.

1. The slider/screen became really loose. I don't use the phone THAT much but there is now plenty of play in it when its open or closed. It's going to get worse I can tell.

2. Lost some speed after the 1.0.3 upgrade... the touchscreen is not as sensetive, you need to move your finger about 1/3" before it actually reacts.. it was alot quicker before. Also loads up slower.

3. Yesterday started hanging up calls by itself. When I dialed a number it just hung up on its own. Continued doing that.

4. Finally, today after a night of charging the screen turns black and the phone appears to still be on. There is no way to turn it back on either. I pulled the battery out a few times and it started the work again but then it dies out randomly. I am going to take it back to the store but its closed today.

I am done with this phone. I can't see the built quality issues being any different from one Pre to the next. It's just too fragile and frail. I am going to get the Blackberry Tour when it comes out.